Share | 

Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Fri 17 Dec 2010, 5:25 pm

I can't say hip hop promotes crime in general since the percentage of Whites (1.2%) and Hispanics (2%) in jail stays consistent through out the years. But Blacks (10%) percentage is rising and showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We could blame poverty, lack of oppurtunity, or the mean 'ol White man. But back in the 80's and early 90s Blacks were poorer, there was a strong war against drugs, The crack business was booming and gang warfare was staggering. Shit, these gangs now are too lazy to bang like that. Oh and racism was more worse back then. So why weren't there more Blacks in prison back then?

Simple. Music was more positive back then, especially hip hop. Black street crime wasn't completely marketable. Kids saw a well balance of different mixes of influences. Consensus show there was a dramatic increase in crime and Black inmates in 2002. Wow, the same time hip hop turned for the worst. And since hip hop is considered Black music shouldn't Black artist take responsibility? One thing gangster rapper do now more than ever is rap about selling crack. They pretty much tell you all you need to get in the business and they stated its how they came up also. Some may say Hip Hop is only reflecting the dramatic rise in crime rather than causing it. So is it impoverished conditions causing Blacks to commit crime? Naw, face it these kids are just fuckin' lazy. Actually the murder rate among Blacks have dropped while drug convictions are up. Hip hop is more materialistic now than it ever was. You haveta make it rain at strip clubs now, no AL Bundy-ing it. And radio will pound their messages in your head constantly. Every rapper that wants to be big in the mainstream raps about crime.

Take it how you wanna take it but numbers and facts don't lie. Yes Blacks were railroaded in the penal system back in the day. But whats the excuse now since ,albiet racism, Blacks have more opportunity now than ever in this country? Rappers themselves can't even stay out of trouble. Shit, every major rapper has been locked-up during their recording career from Remy Ma to Gucci Mane. So whats their excuse? People are commiting crimes cause they want to and rap music is fueling it. I commend established artist for tryna make more positive music once they get on top but they tend to lose popularity and see their position threatened by younger artist that are straight ignorant like Wacka Flocka. Hip hop needs to take responsibility.

One may point at the violence in hollywood movies and video games get off the hook while rap takes all the fire. But as I said, there's not an increase of any demographic going to jail except Blacks. And movies and video games do take heat for their violence , especially video games. But violence in hiphop is real. Rappers or members of their entourages are shooting and getting shot . So its not the rap fans solely involved in violence. Sure, every entertainment medium has shocking stories of real violence but you don't here about people at Sony picking up guns and paying Microsoft a visit. When they interview Ving Rhames about his new gangster flick its not like he's mean mugging the camera talking about how he'll shoot you if you dont like his film. Rappers on the other hand try to play their gangster persona hard in DVDs and Youtube videos. And even if all forms of media must take responsibility for crime and violence why does it seem Blacks are influenced more than others?
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Fri 17 Dec 2010, 5:28 pm

lol @ Al Bundy-ing it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Fri 17 Dec 2010, 5:29 pm

Trotter, you sound like C Delores Tucker with this bullshit. C'Mon Son!!!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Fri 17 Dec 2010, 6:54 pm

Nice post Trotter. I can see where you are coming from with your points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Fri 17 Dec 2010, 10:39 pm

KJ Trot has a point. And I have been seeing this first hand in the black and even some of the white youth in my city. Whether we want to accept it or not rap music is very influential, very. It has influenced all of us to some degree and it continues to influence world culture period. While I do not soley blame rap for the state of black and young america I would be lying if I denied it has some stock in the problem. But its goes back to what we all have been yelling since the Amazon days............Where's the balance?

Who balances all the negetive images? Where's the other side of our lives in mainstream music? The youth are getting basically one side of the story.

Also let's be real. Like you said Trot this most of this generation has it better than most of us had it back then. And they are even lazier and more spoiled than ever. They seem to be searching for a cause or a problem. They want it all it seems without the work. I understand not all youth is like this but I see them. They got the slang, the look, and the persona's but they do not get the soul of the music.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Sat 18 Dec 2010, 12:27 am

I think the fact that an even greater disproportionate amount of Black children are raised in single parent homes is a greater factor. This has been going up from my understanding. The vast majority of Black children raised now come from such homes. It's systemic.

The problems that arise:
1. Less education means:
higher poverty, harder to get a better job
Higher poverty means:
more likely to supplement income through illegitimate means out of desperation
2. People with less education tend to have more children which means:
higher poverty cause of more mouths to feed
less money equals fewer means to aid educational endeavors for children
3. Single parenting means:
lower income higher rate of poverty
no aid in shouldering burden which means
greater stress for parent and children

Solution: Folks on the lower end of the spectrum need to reassess and change some of their values. Unfortunately this demographic is the least likely to do it.

Other social problems related to being single parent are not:
*Usually it's a single woman
*She doesn't know how to find a good man cause odds are she associates with none so she can't teach her daughter what to look for or her son how to be one.
*The daughter clings to trifling mofos who saddle her with children.
*The son becomes a trifling mofo saddles women with children.

It's all ingrained dysfunctionality. If that's your baseline normal how do you change that?
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Sat 18 Dec 2010, 12:50 am

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
KJ Trot has a point. And I have been seeing this first hand in the black and even some of the white youth in my city. Whether we want to accept it or not rap music is very influential, very. It has influenced all of us to some degree and it continues to influence world culture period. While I do not soley blame rap for the state of black and young america I would be lying if I denied it has some stock in the problem. But its goes back to what we all have been yelling since the Amazon days............Where's the balance?

Who balances all the negetive images? Where's the other side of our lives in mainstream music? The youth are getting basically one side of the story.

Also let's be real. Like you said Trot this most of this generation has it better than most of us had it back then. And they are even lazier and more spoiled than ever. They seem to be searching for a cause or a problem. They want it all it seems without the work. I understand not all youth is like this but I see them. They got the slang, the look, and the persona's but they do not get the soul of the music.

Also children are being raised by children. By the time these parental children realize they need to change their children are at the same age they made their mistakes and not listening.

These parental children are weak under pressure and indulge these kids instead of putting their foot down. They take the path of least resistance. I see it all day. Kid acts bad so Mama gives them some candy. What did the kid learn? Act a big enough ass and you get what you want. They use attitude later in life until they realize nobody wants to put up with that shit. Life partners don't want it or bosses. And they are puzzled.

I would really like to ask what these kids are really buying cause the numbers are low. Is it all bootlegs or what?
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Sat 18 Dec 2010, 4:39 am

TheHazardous wrote:
I think the fact that an even greater disproportionate amount of Black children are raised in single parent homes is a greater factor. This has been going up from my understanding. The vast majority of Black children raised now come from such homes. It's systemic.

The problems that arise:
1. Less education means:
higher poverty, harder to get a better job
Higher poverty means:
more likely to supplement income through illegitimate means out of desperation
2. People with less education tend to have more children which means:
higher poverty cause of more mouths to feed
less money equals fewer means to aid educational endeavors for children
3. Single parenting means:
lower income higher rate of poverty
no aid in shouldering burden which means
greater stress for parent and children

Solution: Folks on the lower end of the spectrum need to reassess and change some of their values. Unfortunately this demographic is the least likely to do it.

Other social problems related to being single parent are not:
*Usually it's a single woman
*She doesn't know how to find a good man cause odds are she associates with none so she can't teach her daughter what to look for or her son how to be one.
*The daughter clings to trifling mofos who saddle her with children.
*The son becomes a trifling mofo saddles women with children.

It's all ingrained dysfunctionality. If that's your baseline normal how do you change that?

I agree. We are living in the BabyMomma age and hip hop is promoting that. Rap music does not promote family values at all. These rappers claim to take care of the HOOD, but they can't even take care of their own kids. Shit, social services is actually taking care of the HOOD. Face it, rappers brag about having multiple baby momma's and these Black women ain't about shit. Their having kids so they can get section 8 and welfare a whole lot faster.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Sat 18 Dec 2010, 4:46 am

TheHazardous wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Also children are being raised by children. By the time these parental children realize they need to change their children are at the same age they made their mistakes and not listening.

These parental children are weak under pressure and indulge these kids instead of putting their foot down. They take the path of least resistance. I see it all day. Kid acts bad so Mama gives them some candy. What did the kid learn? Act a big enough ass and you get what you want. They use attitude later in life until they realize nobody wants to put up with that shit. Life partners don't want it or bosses. And they are puzzled.

I would really like to ask what these kids are really buying cause the numbers are low. Is it all bootlegs or what?

A kid don't havta buy any hip hop albums to be influenced by it. The mainstream radio play enough garbage hip hop as it is. I heard Wacka's HARD IN THE PAINT edited version on the radio. But editing out the curse words the song sounded like a scratched up CD. Rappers claim to make music for HOOD niggaz but niggas really be buying bootlegs or DJ mix tapes. Albums are garnered for a pop audience that maybe too scared to go to the hood. Still these rappers must pretend like they're really getting paid. But if you listen to rappers they brag more about money from trapping rather than selling music. The hustler mentality is pushed off heavy on the black youth.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Sat 18 Dec 2010, 11:22 am

Balance or imbalance, music is no substitute for active parenting.

The industry is not going to change. If these rappers started talking that positive ish I seriously wonder would they buy it. Intellectualism is written as being uncool. That's another issue that needs to be corrected. Unfortunately a lot of these kids don't relate to that or don't want to. Gangsta Rap supplanted Conscious Rap for a reason. The plight of hip-hop is a symptom of a greater problem. These Surburbanites listen to gangsta rap from a voyeuristic perspective. The question is why is that the only part they are interested in? When you have movies that focus on Italian Americans it usually has to do with crime. Why? These are some core issues that need to be addressed.

How do we stop Black Intellectual Apathy when the group you're trying to change/help is merely interested in self-destructive hedonistic endeavors?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Sat 18 Dec 2010, 12:12 pm

But, why are children being raised by (single) children?

I truly believe that ideals of negativity are passed down from on high. The images in media are not accidental. There are a very few in control of what is presented and represented in popular culture. And, it only takes to get the ball rolling...it seems like the idea spreads and somehow becomes the dominant ideology by itself...but, does it? Look at the way BET was overrun and the resulting material.

I know a lot of you around here (at least most of you that even consider this topic) disagree with the propaganda theories...but, have you - Kevin - ever looked into the Chomsky material I've recommended? It can't hurt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Sat 18 Dec 2010, 12:42 pm

Peterson music is a factor. It always has been. These kids from two parent homes are going dumb. The hood life is mainstream now. Whereas's back in the late 80's and early 90's it was taboo. And hip hop brought the needed attention to our crisis in these ghetto's. But than shit that was primarily confined to the hood became the cool. And this shit has spread like a cancer. Nerds, lames, average joe's, and almost anyone has that swag now. And some do not know the reality that comes with that demeanor.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Sat 18 Dec 2010, 11:24 pm

I don't disagree but I would say it's more of a symptom that began during the Drug Era.

The Drug Era greatly disrupted the Black Family structure. Families were harmed by use, participation, and as innocent bystanders.

Parents were unavailable due to:
1. Death
2. Usage
3. Incarceration
All traumatic and expose children to the evils that no child should have to deal with. If the absentee parent had a weak extended family structure then the streets would be raising their children. You may learn how to survive but not how to thrive. (not to many CEOs can pull a drive-by but they can cancel many lives with a pen stroke)

A lot of kids learned trifling ways and passed it onto their children. And trifling ass folks tend to have more than they can handle.

Just think of it mathematically, 1 trifling ass mofo has 3 trifling ass kids who have at least 3 trifling ass mofos apiece. Now imagine multiple trifling mofos doing the same thing. By the third generation you got a lot of trifling mofos who've got nothing better to do than antagonize one another. What generation are we in?

I'll give you a real life story from a friend that's an educator.
A girl in their class at the end of the period (oh the puns) got upset that her water bottle was missing. She demanded to know who took it. She then blocked the door so no one could walk past her and was on the verge of screaming about her bottle and cussing folks. Finally a classmate says to her did you check your purse cause that's the last time I saw you had it. She tells folks nobody move. She checks her purse and behold her water bottle. My friend sits the girl down and asks why went through all that over a bottle. She says well you know I have a bad temper. Both my parents have bad tempers and my brother too. My friend asked how did that work out for your brother? He's in jail. My friend then suggested trying a different approach. She says I can't help it. Later that year the girl was expelled. Last time my friend heard about the girl she was incarcerated. She never learned self-control. A key skill needed to be successful.

These kids need to be forced to think long term. I think they had comprehensive sex ed program in some part of Philly I believe. What made it unique was they made girls and boys ask themselves the question of how pregnancy effect their long term goals. Short version in a nutshell (oh the puns). The kids who participated had a much lower rate of teen pregnancy and were more likely to still be virgins than other sex ed programs and abstinent only programs. And the kids were living in high risk areas. They asked the kids why they delayed sexual activity and most them said it would have a negative impact on their long term goals. Basically folks have to have an epiphany on their own.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Sun 19 Dec 2010, 8:02 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Balance or imbalance, music is no substitute for active parenting.

The industry is not going to change. If these rappers started talking that positive ish I seriously wonder would they buy it. Intellectualism is written as being uncool. That's another issue that needs to be corrected. Unfortunately a lot of these kids don't relate to that or don't want to. Gangsta Rap supplanted Conscious Rap for a reason. The plight of hip-hop is a symptom of a greater problem. These Surburbanites listen to gangsta rap from a voyeuristic perspective. The question is why is that the only part they are interested in? When you have movies that focus on Italian Americans it usually has to do with crime. Why? These are some core issues that need to be addressed.

How do we stop Black Intellectual Apathy when the group you're trying to change/help is merely interested in self-destructive hedonistic endeavors?

I know for a fact there are kids with 2 parents around and are still getting in trouble. As Jamie Fox said, parents have no control of the images and music pushed off by the media. 10% of Blacks are in Jail. Ill say another 10% is in involved in criminal behavior in crime and is not locked up yet or incarcerated at the present time. So Ill be KKK generous and 20% of Blacks are bad apples. Still why does this 20% (a large number I know) represent the other 80% of Blacks in music and movies? And what about all these rappers who are in trouble? Some didn't catch a criminal case until they had a professional recording career. Look at this.
Gucci Mane
Remy Ma
ODB
9th Prince
Tupac
Benie Segal
Lil'Kim
Foxy Brown
Shine
Prodigy
Lil Boosie
C Murder
Lil'Wayne
TI
and many others couldn't stay outta hot water. Their music fuels a behavior even in 30 fuckin' year old men. C'mon, people act like its only kids getting in trouble as 25 year old niggas ain't catching cases for the first time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Sun 19 Dec 2010, 8:23 pm

Black people in general promote crime and are prone to it.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Tue 21 Dec 2010, 12:40 am

"I know for a fact there are kids with 2 parents around and are still getting in trouble."
Always some knuckleheads regardless of opportunity. How many rich kids would be in shit without their parents clout to cover and cover up their ass?

"Some didn't catch a criminal case until they had a professional recording career."
If you surround ya self with thugs prepare to catch wreck.

"Still why does this 20% (a large number I know) represent the other 80% of Blacks in music and movies?"
Simple. Controversy sells. The best News is the worst News.
On a basic level we all like the Colosseum. That's all sports are. Violence in a can.
You trying to watch Glee or The Wire? We're a nation that's been told we're rebels/revolutionaries since they could indoctrinate us. We love to see the little guy outsmart the big guy for better or worse. Bottomline at a very young age before we've found our own since of identity we want to be the tough guy or the top dog. Not everbody can be the top dog but anybody can be tough guy or so it seems. However if everyone is trying to muscle and/or get over on everybody else then nothing can get done because it requires cooperation.

Instead rehashing the same ole complaints, why not debate potential solutions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Tue 21 Dec 2010, 11:07 am

"Instead rehashing the same ole complaints, why not debate potential solutions?"

The solutions are very copmplicated and very multi layered.

1. First admitting and identifying the problems.

2. Reorganization of our school systems. We need a complete overhaul of how we teach our youth.

3. A complete mental overhaul of the youth, in between, and elders alike. We need to become more aware of why, how, and when we do things.

4. Stronger families needs to be promoted heavily. Youth at an early age needs to be taught on a dialy basis of understanding themselves and how to deal or look at the opposite sex.

Basically Marcus Garvey had the right idea. Read his doctrine on UNIA. And it all starts with parenting and how we raise our youth. Then we need a society and system that supports this ideal way of life. We must provide a stronger structure for the youth. A blueprint if you will.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Tue 21 Dec 2010, 12:08 pm

Times have changed since the days of Garvey...not that his ideas aren't still relevant. But, the people are in a different situation. There is and has been a billion dollar propaganda campaign against the working class of this country (the world, at this point). Pop culture of any strain falls into this industry.

Take a good look at your life. Outside of health and companionship, everything you want is essentially programmed for you. Even companionship expectations are pre-determined for most folks.

The car you want is most likely not the most practical tool for your needs. The next meal you go after is not necessarily the most nourishing for your body. The average persons overall attitude does not lend itself to any sort of advancement or self-actualization.

Every decision made by every person benefits somebody, somehow. Who is benefited when people make self-destructive decisions? Those suppling the means of destruction, those who stand to lose if the masses actualize and mobilize, those who gain, literally and acutely, from the failures of others.

I strongly suggest anyone even remotely interested in this topic look into the works of Chomsky. I will be happy to make suggestions and provide whatever material I have/can find.

The path of of the American working class has not been accidental or random...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Tue 21 Dec 2010, 1:04 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Times have changed since the days of Garvey...not that his ideas aren't still relevant. But, the people are in a different situation. There is and has been a billion dollar propaganda campaign against the working class of this country (the world, at this point). Pop culture of any strain falls into this industry.

Take a good look at your life. Outside of health and companionship, everything you want is essentially programmed for you. Even companionship expectations are pre-determined for most folks.

The car you want is most likely not the most practical tool for your needs. The next meal you go after is not necessarily the most nourishing for your body. The average persons overall attitude does not lend itself to any sort of advancement or self-actualization.

Every decision made by every person benefits somebody, somehow. Who is benefited when people make self-destructive decisions? Those suppling the means of destruction, those who stand to lose if the masses actualize and mobilize, those who gain, literally and acutely, from the failures of others.

I strongly suggest anyone even remotely interested in this topic look into the works of Chomsky. I will be happy to make suggestions and provide whatever material I have/can find.

The path of of the American working class has not been accidental or random...

Okay, I'll bite. What's his best work in your opinion?

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Tue 21 Dec 2010, 1:20 pm

Some real talk went down in here.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Tue 21 Dec 2010, 1:25 pm

Half, I found a link for his speech "Propaganda and Control of the Public Mind". I'll pm it to you.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Tue 21 Dec 2010, 2:25 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Half, I found a link for his speech "Propaganda and Control of the Public Mind". I'll pm it to you.

The file wasn't working for some reason, but somebody uploaded all the segments on youtube and I'm listening now.

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Tue 21 Dec 2010, 3:30 pm

Don't try to out-sit your attention span. It's pretty dry. Although there is no to little research on corporate propaganda through hip-hop specifically, he does a good job at outlining the propaganda framework developed after WWII to counter the labor movement.

Since then, the machine has assimilated whatever subcultures have risen and turned them against the people who created them.

From peace signs to graffitti.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Tue 21 Dec 2010, 3:41 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Don't try to out-sit your attention span. It's pretty dry. Although there is no to little research on corporate propaganda through hip-hop specifically, he does a good job at outlining the propaganda framework developed after WWII to counter the labor movement.

Since then, the machine has assimilated whatever subcultures have risen and turned them against the people who created them.

From peace signs to graffitti.

I've listened to a bit more than an hour of it. You're right about it being pretty dry, he doesn't really grab my attention as a speaker, but the subject was interesting enough to make me pay attention. Overall, I think it is a pretty good speech so far. He discusses some thought provoking issues. His initial discussion of propaganda was quite focused and he presented some good historical background for his claims, as you mentioned. I agree with him about the educational system's creation of submissive and passive people and workers. I had similar experiences throughout school and even now. Most of it is bullshit, but as he also mentioned he went through it because that is simply one way to get ahead and make a living, and that's kind of the same way I feel about it. I go through with it because of the traditional aspect and the idea that I have a better chance of getting a job I enjoy. The only part of his speech that I really disagree with is his views of corporate rights, which we basically talked about in another thread (can't remember which, but it was recent). Also, he keeps talking about how his views aren't controversial or "exotic" and throws in some historical basis for these claims...not really necessary...just get to the point dude. Overall though, a good and interesting speech.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Tue 21 Dec 2010, 4:06 pm

Yeah I have been on the fact about how trained people are period. But in some form or fashion every culture is trained and manipulated through propaganda and power holders beliefs. I am very aware of the jedi mind tricks if you will being pulled on common people everyday. Sublimal messages and visuals sent to us on a daily basis. The movie the Matrix was a good example or analogy.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Tue 21 Dec 2010, 7:03 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
"Instead rehashing the same ole complaints, why not debate potential solutions?"

2. Reorganization of our school systems. We need a complete overhaul of how we teach our youth.

3. A complete mental overhaul of the youth, in between, and elders alike. We need to become more aware of why, how, and when we do things.

4. Stronger families needs to be promoted heavily. Youth at an early age needs to be taught on a dialy basis of understanding themselves and how to deal or look at the opposite sex.

Basically Marcus Garvey had the right idea. Read his doctrine on UNIA. And it all starts with parenting and how we raise our youth. Then we need a society and system that supports this ideal way of life. We must provide a stronger structure for the youth. A blueprint if you will.

Alright Kev let's focus on your number 3 although I think it should be number 2 cause I think we've covered number 1.
I think #3 is critical. If the parents derail the efforts of the school when they come home then it will be futile gesture. I think a lot of folks need to go back and watch Stand and Deliver. Olmos character said it best, when he said the pupils will rise to your level of expectation. And the sad truth however is after dramatically increasing math scores the administration did their best to get rid of him. Ain't that some shit?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Tue 21 Dec 2010, 8:02 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Alright Kev let's focus on your number 3 although I think it should be number 2 cause I think we've covered number 1.
I think #3 is critical. If the parents derail the efforts of the school when they come home then it will be futile gesture. I think a lot of folks need to go back and watch Stand and Deliver. Olmos character said it best, when he said the pupils will rise to your level of expectation. And the sad truth however is after dramatically increasing math scores the administration did their best to get rid of him. Ain't that some shit?

I've seen Stand and Deliver probably six times...my school loved that one lol

Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Sat 25 Dec 2010, 1:49 am

KRob TheRapGod wrote:

I got an easier way to lower the crime rate. BAN SOUTHERN RAP
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   Sat 25 Dec 2010, 1:55 am

Pro?

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks   

Back to top Go down

Hip Hop promotes crime in Blacks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1