Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards

Go down 
+6
Shaun
Myestro
Esco
Justin Linker
Laced With Slang
Wayne
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Empty
PostSubject: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 5:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 9:45 pm

pitiful
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 9:55 pm

lol @ Verse of the year Nicki Minaj. Get that bitch out of here
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 11:11 pm

^^ That's what I was thinking. A N.Minaj verse being verse of the year... I don't fucking think so. Most of it is just mainstream bullshit. I don't know why they're not honest since they review most hip hop albums. Whoever is running Hiphopdx needs to get outta here with the bullshit.

And how the fuck are they going to have Kanye West releasing a track every friday a runner up to "story of the year" but they want to see the trend of weekly song releases die?
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 11:21 pm

The only good thing I saw was they actually mentioned Celph Titled and that won Slept On Album of The Year. I know, it has everything to do with Buckwild, but still...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 1:11 am

They made some soild picks imo. Ye album is hard to argue with. The Nicki verse pick is real suspect. Rino should have got slept on album imo.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 4:08 am

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
They made some soild picks imo. Ye album is hard to argue with. The Nicki verse pick is real suspect. Rino should have got slept on album imo.

most typical post i expected from you, lol
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 11:40 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

The most typical post I expected from you.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 12:13 pm

Shaun wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

The most typical post I expected from you.

The most typical response to someone I would expect from you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 12:20 pm

best thread ever
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 5:52 pm

Esco wrote:
And how the fuck are they going to have Kanye West releasing a track every friday a runner up to "story of the year" but they want to see the trend of weekly song releases die?

This is a damn good question.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 1:32 am

Ok, my take on a couple of the year end awards categories. Remember, it's my take damnit!

I got no problem Nicki Minaj winning the best verse award, she killed that song and murked everyone on the song. Hell, she lapped Hov five times (smh @ Hov, he was easily the weakest link)! I mean I actually listen to the song waiting for Minaj's verse....lol. I loved her delivery, and she had mad charisma on that joint. She was focus, and really sounded like a "monster". Her verse reminds me of Em's verse on Renegade. They both went all in and killed their verse. If Nicki's album was anything like this, she would be right up there among my favorite femcees. Unfortunately, I heard a couple of her singles and they were terrible. Is it the best verse this year? I say it's up there, so I have no ill it won best award. But what do I know? I hate rappers with a pussy.

As for the "story of the year" award, you guys missed the point. They gave props to Kanye for the GOOD Friday. They just didn't like all the biting the industry did after GOOD Friday came out. RZA started dropping songs every Wednesday, calling it "Wu-Wednesday". Swizz Beatz called his "Monster Mondays". Timbaland called his "Timbo Tuesday". So when they said the trend of weekly song releases have to die, it is because of the sharks.

Here's the article they did. http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/editorials/id.1621/title.stop-biting-how-many-rappers-can-ruin-a-good-thing-by-one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 1:34 am

Crooked I and Freeway and a ton of other rappers were doing that weekly song drop for about a year or two or more before Kanye.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 2:00 am

Yeah, the article mentions Crooked 1. It just took off because of Kanye though.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 2:32 am

I don't see the problem. If you don't like who's dropping a song every week, don't look for it. If you do like who's dropping a song every week, then you get a new song every week.

Sounds like bitching over nothing.

Haters.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 10:14 am

1) Ice Cube - Most Disapointing Album of the Year Laughing My Ass Off

2) No surprise about Kanye winning three awards Mad

3) Glad to see that they recognized Guru Big Grin

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 10:21 am

Carnival*
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 4:04 pm

That Minaj verse is SOOOOO ill. Nicki has yet to impress me with anything else but I would have no problem giving that verse of the year.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 1:26 am

MY year end awards: (subject to change once i hear everything though)

AOTY: Brotha Lynch Hung - Dinner and a Movie
Runners Up: Guilty Simpson - OJ Simpson, Big Boi - Sir Luscious Leftfoot, Ill Bill - Kill Devil Hills, The Left - Gas Mask

Rising Star: Hopsin
Runner Up: Yelawolf

Collaboration of the Year: Ras Kass ft. The HRSMN - This Shit Right Here
Runners Up: Brotha Lynch ft. Daz & Kurupt - Anotha Killin, Ghostface ft. Gza & Killah Priest - Purified Thoughts, Kanye ft. Raekwon & Kid Cudi - Gorgeous, Ill Bill ft. Sean Price, OC, and Sick Jacken - Troubleshooters, Big Boi ft. Too Short & George Clinton - Fo Yo Sorrows

Verse of the Year: Raekwon - "Gorgeous"
Runners Up: Guilty Simpson - "Brass Knuckle Rap", Styles P - "B.M.F.", Killah Priest - "This Shit Right Here", Raekwon - "Butter Knives" (first verse), Bizzy Bone - "Rebirth", Brotha Lynch Hung - "I Heard That Song B 4", Black Thought - "In Tha Park", OC - "Troubleshooters", Royce Da 5'9" - "Echo", WC - "Frontlines" (whole song), Nas - "Strong Will Continue", Hopsin - "Hot 16's"

Most Disappointing Album of the Year: TIE: Bone Thugs - Uni5; Eminem - Recovery

Producer of the Year: MADLIB in the biggest landslide of all categories
Runners Up: Apollo Brown, DJ Muggs, Kanye West, Buckwild, Alchemist/Oh No, Bronze Nazareth

Comeback of the Year: Brotha Lynch Hung
Runners Up: Roc Marciano, 60 Second Assassin

Emcee of the Year: Raekwon
Runners Up: Guilty Simpson, Big Boi, Brotha Lynch Hung, Bizzy Bone, Black Thought

Slept On Album of the Year: MF Grimm - You Only Live Twice: The Audio Graphic Novel
Runners Up: Celph Titled - Nineteen Ninety Now, SFCB - Cape Verde, The Left - Gas Mask, Hopsin - Raw

after hearing Gangrene - Gutter Water i may eventually adjust these awards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards   2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 HipHopDX Year End Awards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: