Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M-Beat - Knowledge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

M-Beat - Knowledge  Empty
PostSubject: M-Beat - Knowledge    M-Beat - Knowledge  Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 4:44 pm

Now let me start off by saying that I am relatively new to the DnB (drum & bass) scene and am still trying to understand the nuances between each of the different offshoots. I've always been quite fond of the genre as a whole but nobody I know listens to it so I had to discover it on my own one could say.

For a comprehensive analysis of the different genre's of electronic music please visit this site. Its very informative and interactive.
http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

Moving on, this album is really the first DnB/Ragga Jungle album I've ever heard and I really enjoyed it. The artist M-Beat is so obscure that not even wikipedia has anything about him other than his biggest contribution to the genre which is this song. You might recognize is from Ali-G In Da House.

Incredible Featuring General Levy

When the genre ragga jungle/jungle is brought up that song along with Original Nuttah are the first that come to mind. These songs capture the movement of the junglist massive (not so sure I used that term correctly but w/e).

Shy FX & UK Apachi

Anyways this album sits at about 4.75 stars for me and I really think the beatmakers on the forum should give it a listen. The breaks and samples used in this genre are at times reminiscent of hiphop (albeit very repetitive). The first 5 songs on this album are perhaps the best 5 consecutive songs I've ever heard an album start off with.

Have a listen for yourself

The first song is the song Incredible that I listed above...

Sweet Love featuring Nazlyn (Everyone should recognize this one to some extent)

Do You Know Where You're Coming From featuring Jamiroquai (only Pounds will recognize this lol)

Morning Will Come Featuring Junior Giscombe

Style (in this song several widely popular samples are used)

Anyways I hope you enjoy this review and who knowns maybe I taught you something you didn't know before. I'll try to post more regularly non-hiphop recs to help broaden some horizons.

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: M-Beat - Knowledge    M-Beat - Knowledge  Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 1:38 pm

The first two tracks weren't bad, but I didn't really dig the rest, they made me think of elevator music with some basic DnB drums thrown in. I hadn't heard of Ragga Jungle before though so this definitely was a learning experience.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: M-Beat - Knowledge    M-Beat - Knowledge  Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2010, 4:40 pm

Yeah ragga jungle from what I know eventually turned into the modern dancehall genre that dominates the Caribbean music scene. Though I can't exactly decipher the lyrics in most cases, to the dismay of my ancestors lol, I really dig that style of music.

Appreciate the feedback since most seem to avoid my reviews like the plague.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M-Beat - Knowledge    M-Beat - Knowledge  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M-Beat - Knowledge
Page 1 of 1