Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Empty
PostSubject: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 10:51 pm

I was spinning my Best Of Wu Tang playlist to get ready for "Apollo Kids" and I ran across my favorite track from 8 Diagrams.
Today's song of the day comes from that CD.

Wu Tang Clan (Raekwon, GZA, RZA, Masta Killa) "Rushing Elephants"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU2JZx4-afA

Now that there has been some time since this CD was released. What are your thoughts on the song? and 8 Diagrams?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 11:20 pm

one of the best songs from the album IMO

i actually think the album has gotten better with age althought it wasnt what everyone expected. And its always funny when Rae rips this album since he came off as one of the sharpest on it
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2010, 4:08 am

Dope song, but not my favorite off the album. That honor would belong to The Heart Gently Weeps, fucking love that joint, top five song from the Wu for me.

As for the album, it's decent. Heart Gently Weeps, Rushing Elephants, and Life Change are the standouts, while the rest of the album is good to solid.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2010, 4:16 pm

Get Em Out Ya Way Pa >>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2010, 4:37 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Dope song, but not my favorite off the album. That honor would belong to The Heart Gently Weeps, fucking love that joint, top five song from the Wu for me.

As for the album, it's decent. Heart Gently Weeps, Rushing Elephants, and Life Change are the standouts, while the rest of the album is good to solid.

+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2010, 5:10 pm

8 Diagrams is the 3rd best Wu group album IMO, behind 36 Chambers and Forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2010, 5:28 pm

Still dig this album. And still feel its there 3rd best.

Heart Gently Weeps>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't know about top 5 but top 10 is real possibile.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2010, 8:35 pm

The W is classic so, this is nowhere near their third best...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2010, 9:05 pm

The W fucking sucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2010, 10:52 pm

You're both wrong. It doesn't suck but it ain't classic either.

I have it at 3.5 stars and 8 Diagrams at 4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2010, 10:59 pm

A 3.5 from KJ is a 0 from good ol' Jeff which apparently translates into a 5 from Slang.

That album is awful. Terrible live drums, off kilter samples, terrible guest appearances...the best song is a Masta Killa solo. What does that tell you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2010, 11:11 pm

I agree with KJ. Its way in between Jeff & Slang opinions. The W is not far behind 8 Diagrams in my book.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 1:57 am

Jeff wrote:
A 3.5 from KJ is a 0 from good ol' Jeff which apparently translates into a 5 from Slang.

That album is awful. Terrible live drums, off kilter samples, terrible guest appearances...the best song is a Masta Killa solo. What does that tell you?

everything about this post is wrong

the samples >>>

the production >>>>> and has been copied ever since, the drums are one of the best parts of the album

this album was a return to the 36 Chambers days, dark for the most part, skeletal/gritty, honestly i sometimes can say its my favorite Wu album
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 3:22 pm

8 Diagrams is much better than The W.

The Heart Gently Weeps is one of the worst tracks on the album.

Campfire>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 3:35 pm

I agree with your first statement Half, but the rest of what you said was bullshit.

The Heart Gently Weeps is the best song on 8 Diagrams, Campfire isn't even Top 4 on that album.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 3:38 pm

My top 5 tracks on 8 Diagrams:

Campfire
Get Them Out Ya Way Pa
Wolves
Rushing Elephants
Gun Will Go
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 5:39 pm

Half wrote:
My top 5 tracks on 8 Diagrams:

Campfire
Get Them Out Ya Way Pa
Wolves
Rushing Elephants
Gun Will Go

gotta basically cosign this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5   Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Highsmith's Song Of The Day #5
Page 1 of 1