Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

South Park Coalition

Go down 
+7
Alan
Shaun
Dang! Trotter
Half
parker lewis
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

South Park Coalition Empty
PostSubject: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 6:56 pm

Who's worth checking out besides K-Rino, NIP?

in particular can you rank Point Blank, PSK-13, and anyone else important
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 7:07 pm

From what I've heard, The Terrorists are my 2nd fave from the collective. Terror Strikes and Detonate The Landmines are essential IMO. After that, i'd rec Point Blank and then Nip after Point Blank.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 7:24 pm

can u rank Point Blank?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 9:02 pm

Detonate the Landmines is dope, so it wouldn't hurt to check that with two recs...your guess is as good as mine with the rest. I will say that no emcee has ever stood out to me as a guest on K-Rino's albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 10:08 pm

Blank is my 2nd fav member of the SPC. Followed by The Terrorists.

Here's how I see Point Blanks discog:

N-Tha-Do- 4.5
Mad At The World- 4.25
Prone 2 Bad Dreams- 4.25
The Bull- 4.0 (a good amount of remixes and re-do's of songs from N-The-Do)
Wreckless Klan- Blowin Up The Scene- 3.75-4.0 (this is a grp with him, PSK-13, and Icelord)

That 1st and 3rd Terrorists albums are must listens but stay away from their 2nd one imo. Its called Full Scale Attack and it was weak.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 10:33 pm

I only own/heard two PSK-13 albums. Born Bad and Pay Like You Weigh. Both got some bangers on them but are overall forgettable. Worth listening to though.

20-2-Life- Up 4 Parole is a must listen imo.

Klondike Kat has some decent albums but i haven't heard them in yrs.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2010, 12:58 am

I imagine SRP will read this so...

What album is that PSK-13 track "For The Hustlers" featuring Z-Ro on? I'm pretty sure you mentioned it somewhere but I can't remember and I love that track but I haven't been able to find it. Of course, if any of you guys know feel free to share the info.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2010, 1:46 am

Are you talkin about Hustlaz Across The Nation?

If so its on PSK-13's album Flagrant.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2010, 4:47 pm

all the spc posse cuts on rino's albums were dope
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2010, 6:52 pm

Indeed, Trotter. If you want to hear a 5 star track with some SPC members on it, listen to Last Letter from K-Rino's new one..
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 10:27 pm

T. Myers wrote:
From what I've heard, The Terrorists are my 2nd fave from the collective. Terror Strikes and Detonate The Landmines are essential IMO. After that, i'd rec Point Blank and then Nip after Point Blank.

I Cosign entirely.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 8:15 am

heres some of what i own... some of these i havent listened to for a while tho. i might come back with some more if i have some time, theres so many albums in their click

spc

personal vendetta '02 - 4.25
packin heat '03 - 4.0

point blank

prone to bad dreams '92 - 4.5
mad at the world '94 - 4.75
n-tha-do '97 - 4.5
bull '00 - 4.0

klondike kat

lyrical lion '94 - 3.75
mobbin muzik melodies '97 - 4.0/4.25
biography of a made man '99 - 3.5
eatin off the street (cant remember year early 2000 somethin) - 4.25 but it is c+s style

psk-13

no ordinary aggin '93 - 3.75
born bad '97 - 3.5/3.75
pay like you weigh '99 - 3.75

greek

no punk to this '93 - 4.0

nip

south park psycho '92 - 5.0
psychic thoughts - '93 - 3.75/4.0
psychotic genius '96 - 3.75/4.0
interview with a killa '98 - 2.5
psycho thug '99 - 3.0

20-2-life

up 4 parole '94 - 4.5
20-2-life '96 - 4.0
confessions - 4.0

Last edited by Lounge on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 6:12 pm

Is Greek the dude from overseas? If so, he sucks.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 7:30 pm

no Greek is one of the oldest members.. he's from Hiram Clarke
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 11:06 am

Lounge those are some good ratings. I they almost mirror where I have a few of them at. Surprised you didn't mention Bam.

Outside of Rino, Nip, Blank, Dope E, 20 2 Life, and Klondike Kat. Most of the rest of SPC is hit or miss. Not really interested in full lengths from most of them.

Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 7:47 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:

Outside of Rino, Nip, Blank, Dope E, 20 2 Life, and Klondike Kat. Most of the rest of SPC is hit or miss. Not really interested in full lengths from most of them.

You should be interested in more full lengths Kev! At very least the older ones anyway..
I guess it depends who you're talking about though, if it's core SPC members then I would agree some material is hit and miss, but for extended family like Bam, Street Military, Aggravated etc all their albums are straight fire imo and a lot of their solo's too.

I still have never picked up the later 20-2Life releases though, have you? I think I might do that soon, cos I have to know what they are like!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011, 9:55 am

Lounge or SRP, do you have ratings for the Street Military albums and solo albums by the members?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011, 10:06 am

T. Myers wrote:
Lounge or SRP, do you have ratings for the Street Military albums and solo albums by the members?

Damn you think Lounge and SRP are the only one's who know Street Military? Well fucka U!

But you may be right because I only know about two of their albums. And I haven't heard them in a looong time.

Don't Give A Damn is a good start imo. Then check out Next Episode. I never checked out thier solo's because they were not that strong as grp let alone solo.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011, 10:24 am

TicNitty706 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Damn you think Lounge and SRP are the only one's who know Street Military? Well fucka U!

But you may be right because I only know about two of their albums. And I haven't heard them in a looong time.

Don't Give A Damn is a good start imo. Then check out Next Episode. I never checked out thier solo's because they were not that strong as grp let alone solo.

LOL, i guess just assumed you weren't up on them cause you said you weren't interested in full lengths from a lot of the other members.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011, 11:57 am

Don't mind him... his asshole does most of the talking.

For Street Military:

Group:

Don't Give A Damn - My favorite. Tears came from Making These Dreams>>>>>>>>>>>
Another Hit - Another Dope EP
Next Episode/Aggrivated Rasta - Two more EPs with some overlapping tracks.

I'd give all those at least fours. Real funky, early texas gangsta rap. Some overlapping songs on them.

Steel Gangstaz - really not the best and only for collection purposes, this is kind of a different sound and the production is not as funky.

Solos:
KB & Lil Flea - Street Military/Blood & Tears: These are two versions of the same CD. Blood & Tears was the Wrap Records nation wide release and is missing 1 track (The Dope). Classic Street Military and highly praised. Dark gangsta shit.

Pharoah - 6 Foot Giant: Another highly praised solo, dark gangsta shit too here. Pharoah is praised by many, I think he's a little of a rough rhymer myself, but this CD ain't bad.

K.B. - Spitting Venom: New school KB and not as good as his earlier stuff.

K.B. - Army of One: Ordered this and haven't gotten it yet.

Icey Hott - Da Spread: Pretty good CD from Street Military's DJ, kind of rough around the edges, but I dig it.

Icey Hott - Mind Over Matter, not as good as Da Spread, but decent effort and worth it cheap.

Icey Hott and Big D - In It to Win It: Just some street shit, not great last time I heard it, but it's been a while.

Klondike Kat - Lyrical Lion/Biography of a Made Man/Mobbin Musicak Melodies: I really dig Klondike Kat in that order, but I remember you saying you weren't that big a fan of his solo work. Try Lyrical Lion first and go from there.

Fakkulty - Southern Hostility: Not street military, but they are featured on there and this is a dope CD in the same vein.

Wreckless Klan - Blowin Up Tha Scene: Not street military again, but if you haven't heard this, it's a group with Point Blank in it.

Bam - A Rough Zaggin Bible I and II: Pretty dope CDs in the same style and on the same label as Street Military.

Stuff I haven't heard:

Pharoah - 100% Freestyles
KB - Undergrounds (he has a few)
Klondike Kat - Undergrounds (has a few too)
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011, 11:59 am

^ damn, maybe i need to check some of that ish out
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011, 12:03 pm

Cool, i aprreciate the input. You still trying to sell that pharoah?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011, 6:32 pm

just sampled some Strete Military and the KB and Lil Flea Street Military, sounds dope as fuck
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011, 9:34 pm

Does Sniper have any material out?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011, 10:19 pm

He has that album with Rapper K.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:56 am

I also own nearly all of what SRP mentioned, so here's some of my ratings on em

Street Military

Don't Give A Damn - 4.50
Another Hit - 4.25
Agg Rasta - 3.5
Next Episode - 3.75 (I think it had one new track and the rest are remakes with better beats, mostly from Agg Rasta)

Steel Gangstaz - 3.5-3.75

KB & Lil Flea
- Of Street Military 4.50

Pharoah
- 6 Foot Giant - 4.75

Icey Hott

- Mind Over Matter - 4.00
- Da Spread - 4.25

Icey Hott and Big D
- In It to Win It - 3.75-4.0 Not an album you will play over and over but one that you might spin every once in a while. It does have some really good tracks imo

Klondike Kat - See my last post

Fakkulty
- Southern Hostility -4.25

Wreckless Klan
- Blowin Up Tha Scene 4.25

Bam -
- A Rough Zaggin Bible (pray at will) 5.0
- A Rough Zaggin Bible II Hell On Earth4.25

Last edited by Lounge on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 9:26 am

I DLed the KB & Lil Flea, Another Hit, Don't Give A Damn, and 6 Foot Giant last night. I'll drop my thoughts later.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:12 pm

^ you should have copped them, smh
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:18 pm

Nope, try before you buy with these. Trust me. I'm dropping more money on music than most everyone here.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:23 pm

I have a double of the first issue of Pharoah Six Foot Giant if anyone want to swap for somethin
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:26 pm

I would but I'm not sure I have anything you'd want. It was my favorite of these albums.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:27 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Nope, try before you buy with these. Trust me. I'm dropping more money on music than most everyone here.

the itunes samples were enuf to warrant a purchase on those 3 for me, and they are semi-affordable
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:30 pm

I'm so proud of you, but samples aren't enough for me big fella.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:35 pm

i generally only d/l albums that are either
a) out of print and really expensive;
b) i really really want to hear right away; or
c) i dont plan on buying ever

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:38 pm

B. Would apply to me but that's not why I DLed them.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:47 pm

Don't Give a Damn & 6 Foot Giant are worth the money.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:48 pm

I haven't bought any solo materials by any Street Military member other than Pharaoh.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:50 pm

thelundquist wrote:
Don't Give a Damn & 6 Foot Giant are worth the money.

Yeah I dug both. I'll be ordering them.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:56 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I'm so proud of you, but samples aren't enough for me big fella.

Yeah I co-sign.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jul 2011, 10:55 pm

you might have something I want Terry, you never know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Park Coalition   South Park Coalition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South Park Coalition
Page 1 of 1