Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blaq Poet - Blaqprint

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Empty
PostSubject: Blaq Poet - Blaqprint   Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 3:19 am

New CD, entirely produced by DJ Premier with a bonus disk of all the instrumentals... U in or U out?

That and Tash of the Liks just dropped a CD... U down or U up?

Real Talk...Stop Snitching....
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Blaq Poet - Blaqprint   Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 7:31 am

I've heard the album. I should preface this with saying that I'm probably not gonna love any new album of this style, until someone gets around to doing something interesting with it. It peaked in the mid-90s, and everything like this today pretty much sounds like a 2nd-rate knockoff to me. The advancement of production technology has actually been a big problem, because everything sounds cleaner now sonically, which actually hurts this kind of music. But also, it's just kind of tired, no one seems to be breathing any life into to it.

But, with that said, I will say that Double Barrel is a better album than this, and it calls back to the same general style of Hip-Hop. So, even on that measure this is kind of a disappointment.

I say kind of, because my opinion is that Primo has been inconsistent post-2000, and I've thought that for a while, so I'm not really surprised. Primo has some interesting beats here, but I don't think he's capable of holding down a full album anymore. And Blaq Poet is an unremarkable rapper, so he'd need to be really propped up to make a very good album.

But, I think this album will be appreciated by big time Primo fans, though even they'll probably hear he isn't what he used to be. And people who are still really gung ho about this style of music will probably like it.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Blaq Poet - Blaqprint   Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 10:47 am

I like the album but I was just dissapointed because half the album is songs I've already heard. I want to hear a full album with fresh Premier beats which hopefully will happen with NYGz' Pros and Cons album. Premier is still capable of holding down an album, he may not be the same Premier as 94' or even 03', but he still makes dope beats and is better than most producers out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blaq Poet - Blaqprint   Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 9:49 pm

damn jason, you are the king hater. this album is just too bunny for you huh?

anyway, only one or 2 subpar beats at MOST from this album, this shit is straight fire and a must buy for all my dudes out there.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Blaq Poet - Blaqprint   Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 10:04 pm

All the hater talk is stupid, you all aren't satisfied when I like something or when I don't, all that matters is that you disagree, and you must be right, but I explained my reasoning. Besides, even you say 1 or 2 subpar beats. Unless you're only talking about the non-Primo beats, that shows my point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blaq Poet - Blaqprint   Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 10:08 pm

they are both non-premo, and they are both sub-par for the album only.

tell me who has produced a better album this year?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Blaq Poet - Blaqprint   Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 10:12 pm

Von Pea, for one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blaq Poet - Blaqprint   Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 10:29 pm

lol, von pea, you would list some obscure ass no bunny never gonna listen to it shit.

only album better has been relapse on the production tip
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Blaq Poet - Blaqprint   Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 10:32 pm

It really wouldn't matter if I was the only person to hear Brooklynati. I'm capable of deciding these things myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blaq Poet - Blaqprint   Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 10:37 pm

Nice try to flip it around on some independent listener elitist shit, but theres a reason no one has heard or knows what von pea is, it's garbage i'm 99.999% sure, especially if youre cosigning it.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Blaq Poet - Blaqprint   Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 10:40 pm

There's nothing elitist about having an opinion. You apparently haven't even heard it, and you have one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blaq Poet - Blaqprint   Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 10:48 pm

oh okay, von pea is the producer for tanya morgan. i know a few people who like your type of "rap" will agree on its production merits, but it is straight trash to me, and i have heard brooklynati
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Blaq Poet - Blaqprint   Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 10:50 pm

It's fine to disagree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaq Poet - Blaqprint   Blaq Poet - Blaqprint Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blaq Poet - Blaqprint
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: