Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!

Go down 
+3
Laced With Slang
Esco
J. Harris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Empty
PostSubject: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 9:40 am

Seriously, this joint only has 8 tracks y'all. While the tracks are all good for the most part, there are just too many skits by RZA. Take out a few skits and add some songs with Meth, GZA, and Redman. This could have been a classic if it wasn't for the skits. Thoughts? By the way, all of the features slaughtered the mic (Cormega, Kool G Rap, MOP, and Sadat (haven't heard him like this in awhile)).
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 12:36 pm

J. Harris wrote:
Seriously, this joint only has 8 tracks y'all. While the tracks are all good for the most part, there are just too many skits by RZA. Take out a few skits and add some songs with Meth, GZA, and Redman. This could have been a classic if it wasn't for the skits. Thoughts? By the way, all of the features slaughtered the mic (Cormega, Kool G Rap, MOP, and Sadat (haven't heard him like this in awhile)).

It wasn't a serious WU album, RZA just used this to fulfill his contract with his record company, that's why not all the members were featured on the album. I've only heard the 1st 4 real songs, but they've all been fire.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 1:49 pm

Of course the tracks are fire. That's not the problem at all. I just hate the fact that there is only 8 actual songs on the disc.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 1:59 pm

In the words of, I think Shon, "It's only 1 less track than Illmatic!"
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 2:23 pm

LOL!! Pretty much. Are you still going to grab it? I think Bestbuy will have it for about $10 next week.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 3:32 pm

Hmm maybe, I downloaded and I'm going to listen to it, to see if its purchase worthy
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 3:33 pm

the songs are absolutely heat but yea i agree it sucks theres only 8 but this shit takes it back to the 90's but in a new way

ill be coppin cuz its Wu but if anything this album gives us hope for a full on reunion album and its great to see Rza and Ghost working together on new shit
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 5:13 pm

Esco wrote:

smh! Shon wasn't that smart. you give him far too much credit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 5:43 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Esco wrote:

smh! Shon wasn't that smart. you give him far too much credit.

LOL Co-Sign Terry!
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 5:45 pm

"ill be coppin cuz its Wu but if anything this album gives us hope for a full on reunion album and its great to see Rza and Ghost working together on new shit"

Co-sign. Everybody brought heat to the table on this album. I was really impressed by Sadat's feature. He resurrected that Wild Cowboy theme for his verse.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 6:01 pm

Terry, one word: Haystak.

Kool John, you think Lupe is 1000x more lyrical than Royce, so you have no merit here.

By the way, I didn't say that, Esco, lol
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 6:07 pm

Shon wrote:

Kool John, you think Lupe is 1000x more lyrical than Royce, so you have no merit here.

Yea you're right sorry, I just went Thread digging and it was T.Myers that said it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 6:14 pm

Shon wrote:

SMH!!!!!!!!! I'm not really sure why i'm the one synomymous with Stak. We'vev already established that he's not one of my all time favorites.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009, 8:18 pm

Haha, I know. That's why I said it. Sort of like SRP and Gucci Mane
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009, 10:29 pm

When I was younger I considered 8 the qualifying number of good songs on an album. If an album had less than 8 good songs it'll be weak. But then again back then albums had only bout 12 songs. It would be dissapointing to have an album w/ 22 trks and only 8 good songs.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009, 10:53 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
When I was younger I considered 8 the qualifying number of good songs on an album. If an album had less than 8 good songs it'll be weak. But then again back then albums had only bout 12 songs. It would be dissapointing to have an album w/ 22 trks and only 8 good songs.

Every time I check out an album now, I look for 14-16 tracks including skits. I don't know if its just me, but in my experience usually the more tracks the more it brings down the album. Most of my favorite albums have 16 or less tracks, not saying there aren't classic albums with more songs though.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009, 10:59 pm

"Every time I check out an album now, I look for 14-16 tracks including skits. I don't know if its just me, but in my experience usually the more tracks the more it brings down the album. Most of my favorite albums have 16 or less tracks, not saying there aren't classic albums with more songs though."

Yeah man. It seems like the more tracks on an album, the more filler there is. If artists would just concentrate on the material being incorporated on an album, then there wouldn't be a need for so many tracks. In that regard, I would have to say Chamber Music is pretty dope. It has to be some of the best Wu material put out since Pro Tools.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 11:34 am

ok heres the good news...the album is called Chamber Music Pt. 1 for a reason

if it sells well the first week or so there is gonna be a Part 2 coming that is longer and feature the rest of the clan members

so thats great news lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 11:47 am

Oh Slang that's great news!! It means record lables have figured out ways to bait consumers into buy crap! With the promise of better albums down the pike if you just spend your hard earned money on this bullshit right now! Awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:09 pm

Co-sign^^^^^^^

Makes me not want to buy it because why not just give us the real shit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:15 pm

As SRP pointed out it really just seems like Rza turned in a dope album and the lable thought they should milk it as much as they could because they knew he was leaving so they just split it into two records. Typical Death Row-styled bullshit IMO.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:18 pm

N3R0 of 0nslaught3r wrote:
As SRP pointed out it really just seems like Rza turned in a dope album and the lable thought they should milk it as much as they could because they knew he was leaving so they just split it into two records. Typical Death Row-styled bullshit IMO.

I agree, that's shady IMO as well. But what does Slang care? He's a 100% Wu Tang groupie. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:36 pm

I don't know if I'll get it or not. All of those skits is the reason why I gradually departed from the Wu. They are known for having a bunch of pointless skits on their stuff (Raekwon, are you listening?) If I have to reach for the skip button a lot, then I don't think I'll get this one.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:42 pm

Man, I've heard this album was real dope, too. I may just find a link...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:01 pm

Shon wrote:
Man, I've heard this album was real dope, too. I may just find a link...

I got a link if you want it. The 8 songs are dope, but they are short.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:12 pm

I'll take a link. Everyone, even people who I just got into hip hop are saying this is just like their early work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:16 pm

Shon wrote:
I'll take a link. Everyone, even people who I just got into hip hop are saying this is just like their early work

How did YOU just get them into hip-hop and they heard this BEFORE you? And if they think it is so fire why not ask them to borrow it or burn you a copy? Stop your lies shon, you have no friends that are into hip-hop. They all listen to the jonas brothers and sublime and drink yeagegergeggemeiester and have awkward, stiff sex with slutty whores after a night of beer pong...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:22 pm

That last sentence is quite true, actually, lol.

But no, I got like 6 or 7 of my friends into like Wu-Tang, Big L, Rakim, etc. and one of them found a download for this album and gave it to everyone, and I said I didn't want it because I was going to wait until it came out so I could buy it. But I have no money, and after hearing this ish...

So basically, no to what you said, except the last part. Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:26 pm

you need to download and then buy some andre nickatina
it blows this wack wu-tang shit back to china...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:27 pm

I've been looking for Nickatina in every store I go to, but I guess he's too Thizz for the east coast :sad:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:41 pm

Shon how are you going to give the link? can you put it in my profile mailbox?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:41 pm

andrenickatina.com got most his stuff in stock... unfortunately his stuff can not be got for cheap... frys has his CDs usually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:43 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Shon how are you going to give the link? can you put it in my profile mailbox?

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Can you please insert the link into my virtual message storage locker located in my cyberspace allocated by this forumsiteblog?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:17 pm

lol at this shit

first of all id like to say its shady that they released this then may release part 2....BUT part 2 isnt made yet, and it wont be unless this album is successful. This could be viewed as a classic example of a label milking the fans for money, but in this economic climate no one is buying it anyway. 10 years ago an album like this woulda sold at least 100k, now it probly will get 10k

come on, financially it makes sense, not for the fan but from the industries standpoint
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:17 pm

"I got word that if Pt 1 sells well the first week, there is going to be a part 2. It will be bigger, longer, and feature the rest of the clan. If pt 2 happens, what artists you guys would want to see from the 1990's that you would like to see rapping along with the Wu."
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 11:08 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
"I got word that if Pt 1 sells well the first week, there is going to be a part 2. It will be bigger, longer, and feature the rest of the clan. If pt 2 happens, what artists you guys would want to see from the 1990's that you would like to see rapping along with the Wu."

They should definitely throw in some of the artist from Pt.1. But I'd also like to see Redman, Canibus, maybe some Buckshot. There's a lot of collabs I would enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!   New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Wu-Tang joint only has 8 tracks (not including skits)?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: