Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Opinion Remix

Go down 
+16
Xcel
metalaggression
Justin Linker
Alan
Shaun
Half
T. Myers
yOGi420™
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
parker lewis
Dang! Trotter
D.Powell
Wanduras
E. Taylor
KJ Styles
Tic706
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 4:02 pm

Yeah revisit that Home Invasion thats what I had to do.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 4:52 pm

Return Of The Real is wayyyyy better than Home Invasion. Neither are elite albums but ROTR is definitely better.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 7:16 pm

Both are around 4 stars to me. Ice-T>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 2:52 pm

I haven't really changed my opinions on the ratings for these albums, but i've always said i spin The Chronic more than Doggystyle, but over the past year Doggystyle has probably passed The Chronic in number of spins. I just have more of an urge to spin Doggystyle these days.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:21 pm

I remixed my opinion of Liquid Swords from 5.0 stars to 5.1 stars
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:27 pm

Doggystyle >>> The Chronic by 2334348234783748343878742 Tran sized penises (a small margin)

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:28 pm

I miss Sprite Remix. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 8:51 pm

Pop sucks
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 8:56 pm

It's "drink"..not pop, you white boy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:01 pm

Shaun's just mad that he missed out on Sprite Remix when it dropped.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:03 pm

Justin Linker wrote:
Doggystyle >>> The Chronic by 2334348234783748343878742 Tran sized penises (a small margin)

That still only about 6 inches, but I'd take the Chronic personally.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:05 pm

I go with Chronic by the size of ____________ (damn that's big)
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Feb 2011, 1:12 pm

Alright, Tran is gonna give me shit for this. Back when G Funk Classics Vol 1 & 2, i just wasn't crazy about it. After about 12 years or so, this album sounds so damn good to these ears. I'm not sure what happened when it was released, but i'm so glad i revisited this album.
Back to top Go down
metalaggression
Woof
Woof

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 7:58 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Frist album I want to change my opinion on is:

Wu-Massacre

My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Wu-Massacre-cover-350x350

My expectations are finally gone now. I was originally kind of disappointed in this album. I rated it a 3.25-3.5 and omitted forom by best of 2010 Amazon list. I actually stopped listening to it. So after some months of not hearing it I listened to it today. And it sounds much better and even fresher. While it's still not the album I think they could have really put together. And I still feel it is too short. I must say its a real solid album. So I can now say its a 3.75-4.0 easily. I will be adding back to the amaon list. And it will rank in my top 20 for 2010.

I got more to come.

i thought it was too short and thought that they could have done better.. plus ghost has a recycled verse on there.. but it is still better than most of the shit out there...
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 8:02 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Alright, Tran is gonna give me shit for this. Back when G Funk Classics Vol 1 & 2, i just wasn't crazy about it. After about 12 years or so, this album sounds so damn good to these ears. I'm not sure what happened when it was released, but i'm so glad i revisited this album.

At least you can admit to your mistakes....unlike other fools on here. Good Music
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 8:06 pm

Jackie Tran wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

At least you can admit to your mistakes....unlike other fools on here. Good Music

Well can I no longer be included in the "fool" catergory? Because I pretty much agree with Terry. This album is dope as hell.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 9:21 pm

lol you're no longer included in the "fool" category now. I don't know why it took you guys so long to appreciate the albums, but I'm glad you guys finally came to your senses. I feel it's a must own if you dig G funk at all.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Apr 2011, 3:35 pm

My Opinion Remix - Page 2 41zbzNTuHRL._SL500_

When I first got the album I was disappointed with it a bit, thought the concept could have been pulled off a lot better and felt the concept wasn't cohesive with the album. Based on my disappointment with Lasers it brought me back to revisit the album and I finally was able to appreciate his execution of the concept much more. I initially gave the album a 3.5 - 3.75 stars but is now 4 - 4.25 stars.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 10:02 am

Thats dope Xcel. Yeah Lasers will make you appreciate his other albums even more...lol. I still have The Cool @ about a 3.75 maybe 4.0. I stll feel it could have been better but i'm overall cool with it.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 10:58 am

Jackie Tran wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Great sig man.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 4:31 pm

I've always liked The Cool. Next to Jay Z's American Gangster it was the best album released in 2007 IMO.

Little Weapon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 4:40 pm

that's hilarious... lasers is so bad, it made his other shit sound a lot better.... lmao... maybe more rappers need to drop bombs!

That G-Funk Classics always hit hard for me. 14.99 at Circuit City the week it dropped and I bumped that shit all summer long... my scratched ass copy is still here...
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 10:34 pm

My Opinion Remix - Page 2 New-camron

I want to change my old opinion on Camsta. I use to really dislike this dude rap style and really think he couldn't rhyme and wondered what the fuck some saw in him. I still do not like everything about him and he comes off a tad over the top and corny at times. But I must say song by song the dude is really changing my view on him. Cam is a pretty original ma'fucka and should get more credit for being one. His pucnchlines are witty and he is humerous without coming off clownish. When he's over the right beat he can be very entrertaining. I am still not with him enough to want to listen to his full albums often but a song here and there and a album spin here and there I look forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Red Clay
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
Red Clay

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jun 2011, 12:05 am

An opinion on a rapper that has changed as I've gotten older is MC Eiht. I think he flashed his wand on me as a kid and I fell for his enthusiasm on the mic. As I've gotten older and look back...Eiht can't really rap worth a shit. I mean, sure there are people that are worse than him, but I think it took those battles with Quik to see that he really ain't all he was cracked up to be. Streiht Up Menace is still a classic though. Cool
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

Red Clay wrote:
An opinion on a rapper that has changed as I've gotten older is MC Eiht. I think he flashed his wand on me as a kid and I fell for his enthusiasm on the mic. As I've gotten older and look back...Eiht can't really rap worth a shit. I mean, sure there are people that are worse than him, but I think it took those battles with Quik to see that he really ain't all he was cracked up to be. Streiht Up Menace is still a classic though. Cool

LOl yeah I agree. I am sometimes embrassed at myself when I go back and bump certain Eiht songs I use to like and now they sound so damn elementary. Eiht still has plenty classic songs and two debatable classic albums under his belt so i'll give him that.

And remember when he use to kill those Rap City in the booth sessions?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Jun 2011, 5:42 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Red Clay wrote:

LOl yeah I agree. I am sometimes embrassed at myself when I go back and bump certain Eiht songs I use to like and now they sound so damn elementary. Eiht still has plenty classic songs and two debatable classic albums under his belt so i'll give him that.

And remember when he use to kill those Rap City in the booth sessions?

I think Eiht's case is one of those "it's not what you say, it's how you say it" deals, like Red Clay alluded to. I like his flow and he sounds extremely confident on the mic even when he isn't saying a whole lot. I've only heard two CMW albums and We Come Strapped so maybe I've only heard him at his best though.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 7:55 pm

Common Scholars wrote:
My Opinion Remix - Page 2 PerceeP-Perseverance_cover

I remembered when I first copped this, I hated this album, hated the dude's voice. Flash forward to earlier this year, and I gave this album another spin. Dude's voice has grown on me now, and his flow is viscous! The beats are stellar. If it weren't for a few boring song, I would rate this as a Tran's classic.

boom Tran's classic, almost.

I should revive this thread...will do another album soon!
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 2:01 pm

I have an change in opinion on this album:

My Opinion Remix - Page 2 41EYK87CNPL._SL500_AA300_

I did not like it back when it 1st dropped. I was kind of hype about hearing an album from him and maybe that had something to do with it. I think I was expecting something darker beat wise. Now after a recent spin I really like this album. Actually like it enough to say its easily one of his best. Nice concepts, lyrics, beats, and styles used on this. Back then I would have gave this album a 2.75 or so. Now its easily 4.0-4.25 as of now.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 7:36 pm

Tic706 wrote:
I have an change in opinion on this album:

My Opinion Remix - Page 2 41EYK87CNPL._SL500_AA300_

I did not like it back when it 1st dropped. I was kind of hype about hearing an album from him and maybe that had something to do with it. I think I was expecting something darker beat wise. Now after a recent spin I really like this album. Actually like it enough to say its easily one of his best. Nice concepts, lyrics, beats, and styles used on this. Back then I would have gave this album a 2.75 or so. Now its easily 4.0-4.25 as of now.

damn, finally came around.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012, 2:15 pm

My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Scarface-emeritus

Emeritus sounded much better after my recent spin of it. I was expecting a lot out of the album when it first dropped so now i'm sure all of my hype and expectations are gone. I still feel it was a too safe of an Face album but its still a good album. Especially lyrically.

Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012, 4:07 pm

Tic706 wrote:

Emeritus sounded much better after my recent spin of it. I was expecting a lot out of the album when it first dropped so now i'm sure all of my hype and expectations are gone. I still feel it was a too safe of an Face album but its still a good album. Especially lyrically.

I haven't bumped this one in quite some time. Would you say "Made" is the better album?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012, 4:23 pm

Wayne wrote:
Tic706 wrote:

I haven't bumped this one in quite some time. Would you say "Made" is the better album?

Hell yeah. I really dig that MADE. If his discog wasn't so fucking good MADE would rank fairly high in it for me.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012, 4:25 pm

Tic706 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Tic706 wrote:

Hell yeah. I really dig that MADE. If his discog wasn't so fucking good MADE would rank fairly high in it for me.

"Made" still gets a solid 4.5 star rating from me (haven't played it in a while either).
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012, 5:00 pm

Wayne wrote:
Tic706 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Tic706 wrote:

"Made" still gets a solid 4.5 star rating from me (haven't played it in a while either).

Hmmm...I'm gonna have to go back and spin MADE, I don't remember being moved by that one. I spun Emeritus quite a bit for the really good joints (Can't Get Right and Who They Are >>>>>) but overall felt lukewarm about it.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012, 5:02 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Tic706 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Tic706 wrote:

Hmmm...I'm gonna have to go back and spin MADE, I don't remember being moved by that one. I spun Emeritus quite a bit for the really good joints (Can't Get Right and Who They Are >>>>>) but overall felt lukewarm about it.

I'll be revisiting Made also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion Remix   My Opinion Remix - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Opinion Remix
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2