Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Sky Black Death

Go down 
+8
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Half
TheHazardous
Laced With Slang
parker lewis
Myestro
T. Myers
Tic706
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Blue Sky Black Death Empty
PostSubject: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 12:17 pm

Okay I know i'm late but better late than never...right?

I finally listened to Hell Razah's full album produced by this duo. And I must say this shit just screams classic. I remember them grabbing my interest on that Evil Jeanius and thinking these beats are amazing. But the Hell R cd has really showed me they are not one hitter quiters.

So my question is where does this duo rank in your producer rankings?

What about this album they produced by Holocaust?

And does Hell Razah other album Ren. Child have a similiar sound?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 12:35 pm

smh, Razah's Ladder>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I wouldn't say Razah has another album similar to it because BSBD added such a unique element. If you just want more Razah, Renaissance Child may be your best bet.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 12:36 pm

I think they're dope as producers, but I can see them not being for everybody. Their stuff seems to be more epic or cinematic than typical hip-hop production.

I haven't spun the Holocaust album in a while, so don't put too much stock in this, but I think it's pretty good. Razah's Ladder is definitely better. I recall the production on Holocaust being good to dope...I think Holocaust himself was the weak link for that album.

I don't think Ren. Child has a similar sound at all. Some of the songs on Ren. Child sound 70's soul inspired, and some have a kind of Middle Eastern feel to them. Still a dope album though, IMO.

Edit: After reading Parker's post, I can see why some people might think that I'm saying Holocaust sucks, or brings that album down or whatever. I don't think that's the case at all. I still think it's a dope album, but I prefer the Hell Razah album more, due to preferring Razah's style as an emcee over Holocausts. That's all.

Last edited by Myestro on Sun 09 Jan 2011, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 12:43 pm

They did 12/16 tracks on an album for Virtuoso last month, too. I'm being lazy on it. I don't know why though. Holocaust couldn't ruin their music, I'm this dude can't be worse.

Ren Child is excellently produced, but it's not BSBD. Like I say, though...it is excellent.

Razah's Ladder is definitely a classic to me. Add Evil Genius and The Holocaust album and these guys have more than proven themselves.

I haven't checked out there 2-3 other albums released as BSBD, but I heard they did one last year that wasn't as hip-hop as people expected. Some folks were turned off by it.

As far as an official ranking, I should probably hear more, first. But, I honestly see them near the top when I form a solid opinion.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 1:04 pm

That Virtuoso album locked down for downloads. If anyone else has any luck, hook me up. I'll keep digging, too.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 1:12 pm

Got it...let me make sure it doesn't come out retarded. Then I'll forward the link to you 3, anyone else let me know.

While I was looking into Final Conflict, I read that Virtuoso had features on VBD, and was an original AOTP from Boston. Sounds promising. About to check on those Jedi tracks.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 1:38 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Got it...let me make sure it doesn't come out retarded. Then I'll forward the link to you 3, anyone else let me know.

While I was looking into Final Conflict, I read that Virtuoso had features on VBD, and was an original AOTP from Boston. Sounds promising. About to check on those Jedi tracks.

Yeah, I was just going to ask if it was The Final Conflict. I found one too, and it's downloading now. Hopefully it works!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 2:00 pm

parker lewis wrote:

yo ill take a link. And im surprised you havent heard of Virt before, he was down with JMT from the get go. I have one of his albums (World War One) and its really dope.

To Kev: Yea BSBD is really dope, i dont have the Holocaust album but heard a lot of it, the beats are real good but i wasnt feeling Holocaust on there. Holocaust was extremely dope in the late 90's and his first couple solos had some good tracks, but his style on the BSBD album is hard for me to get into.

Razah's Ladder is close to classic and Renaissance Child is almost as dope, but it has a different sound, not worse necessarily just not BSBD. I would definitely check out Ren Child its really good.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 3:09 pm

Yeah I listened to sample of that Holocaust album and his rhyme style is not for me. I'll pass on that one. I'll check out Ren. Child.

Parker what link did you send me?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 3:28 pm

Virtuoso: Final Conflict

And don't count out that Holocaust album, Kevin. I don't care for his mic presence at all myself, but that production is stellar.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 4:49 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Yeah I listened to sample of that Holocaust album and his rhyme style is not for me. I'll pass on that one. I'll check out Ren. Child.

Parker what link did you send me?

you'd dig that Ren Child though, i guarantee that
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 11:40 pm

BSBD is GREAT!!!!

Actually like the production a little more on Holocaust but Warcloud's sound is not for everybody.

I recommend Razah's Ladder and Jean Greazy's as well. However Evil Jeanius sounded less cohesive in comparison to other works but top notch overall production. Production-wise for Jean it's rocking the number 1 or 2 spot.

Try their non-hip-hop joints as well.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 11:46 pm

Kev their compilation album A Heap of Broken Images is also really dope. One disc is a compilation with different rappers, the other is an instrumental disc but different beats than what are on the comp
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 7:26 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Kev their compilation album A Heap of Broken Images is also really dope. One disc is a compilation with different rappers, the other is an instrumental disc but different beats than what are on the comp

Indeed. Days Are Years >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Also, check out Late Night Cinema (don't know if this was already mentioned). The last of their albums with a hip hop feel before they went into indie rock and dance pop. Look up the tracks "The Era When We Sang" and "Shoot You Dead" on youtube. Dope shit.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 7:54 pm

I'll check them out. thanks.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 8:36 pm

First off, Late Night Cinema>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fucking love that album, it's an instro album though, so most won't dig it. The beats on there are haunting and cinematic. I love that shit.

Slow Burning Lights is alright, I can dig it, folk music fuse with hip hop beats. You probably won't like it, Kev.

I own the The Holocaust Instrumentals, don't own the regular version. I dig it, beats are superb, makes me really want to hear Holocuast spit over them.

I still need A Heap of Broken Images, that's on my wishlist.

Cop Renaissance Child, it's that simple.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 4:12 am

I'm pretty late on this....but yeah BSBD are the shit. Heap of Broken Images and Late Night Cinema are great. I also personally love Slow Burning Lights. You probably won't dig it Kev because of the singer, but I love the beats on that album.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 12:53 pm

parker lewis wrote:
They did 12/16 tracks on an album for Virtuoso last month, too. I'm being lazy on it. I don't know why though. Holocaust couldn't ruin their music, I'm this dude can't be worse.

Ren Child is excellently produced, but it's not BSBD. Like I say, though...it is excellent.

Razah's Ladder is definitely a classic to me. Add Evil Genius and The Holocaust album and these guys have more than proven themselves.

I haven't checked out there 2-3 other albums released as BSBD, but I heard they did one last year that wasn't as hip-hop as people expected. Some folks were turned off by it.

As far as an official ranking, I should probably hear more, first. But, I honestly see them near the top when I form a solid opinion.

Wow, Virtouso got an album out!!!! Wow!. As far as BSBD their album they've done with Holocaust was phenominal. They did for Holocaust what Rza didn't. They temporarily reemerged his career. But Holo has fallen off again. You might wanna start off with Heap Of Broken Images or their DirtNap mixtape first
Back to top Go down
Ticesun
Woof
Woof

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 1:58 pm

They also did the production for gutta. I think it has the same problems as the Holocaust album had. good production but not great lyrics
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 2:15 pm

Ticesun wrote:
They also did the production for gutta. I think it has the same problems as the Holocaust album had. good production but not great lyrics

Naw, Holo's lyrics were tough. I enjoy them
Back to top Go down
Ticesun
Woof
Woof

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 2:24 pm

Maybe lyrics was the wrong word to use its his voice that bothers me. the lisp is the part that gets me not the content. he sounds like vinnie paz with a speech impediment.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 1:30 pm

Nobody mentioned Evil Jeanius. I forgot all about it. It's a great album. I think even if Grae isn't anything to you, if you like Razah's Ladder you'll like Evil Jeanius. 9th's Jeanius has absolutely nothing on this in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 3:07 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Nobody mentioned Evil Jeanius. I forgot all about it. It's a great album. I think even if Grae isn't anything to you, if you like Razah's Ladder you'll like Evil Jeanius. 9th's Jeanius has absolutely nothing on this in my opinion.

I don't think it was mentioned cause Kev sais he already heard it and that is what grabbed his attention. I bought Evil Jeanius a few weeks ago, but i have not spun it yet.
Back to top Go down
coloured penicillin
Jump!
Jump!
coloured penicillin

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 11:14 pm

supposed to be releasing an album this spring with Yes Alexander called NOIR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death   Blue Sky Black Death Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Sky Black Death
Page 1 of 1