Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello All

Go down 
+2
Laced With Slang
Ticesun
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ticesun
Woof
Woof

Hello All Empty
PostSubject: Hello All   Hello All Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 2:19 pm

Hey I am a new poster to this forum although I have been reading it ever since most of you guys left the amazon forum. Just recently it became unblocked at my work. I posted every once and a while on amazon way back when that forum first started in like i dont no 06 07. I remember dang trotter putting me on to monster island and not really being open minded to anything els he had many comical posts. I remember a pounds putting me on to so many Minnesota acts. good look by the way gotten to see Atmosphere and bro ali in philly such a great show. i think norf has put me on to a good amount as well. I am from va and very proud of my home state. My favorite mc is probable Andree 3000 although its hard to narrow that down. I enjoy though provoking hip hop but dont mind some of the mainstream out there. I missed the golden era of hip hop i was in high school when no limit was big so i still from time to time listen to some bad hip hop. i will always give more praise then is due to anything that is quality that comes from the south and def va. im always up for good debate on hip hop and unfortunately because there is not many i know that enjoy this kind of music as much as we do and as enthusiastically as we do you all are my only outlet. so if you want to no anything els just ask
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hello All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello All   Hello All Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 2:25 pm

welcome to the forum man, hope to see you post more
Back to top Go down
Ticesun
Woof
Woof

Hello All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello All   Hello All Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 2:34 pm

Thanks dude i actually had a chance to talk to U-God. At a show in Vermont about two years ago. Dude is very full of himself which surprised me. I asked him what he listens to expecting to get some incite of some dope music i had not heard and he looked at me very serious and kind of pissed and said "i only listen to my shit" and i thought to myself that that was a funny thing to say. But was willing to talk to me for a little while which was cool.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hello All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello All   Hello All Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 3:52 pm

Ticesun wrote:
Thanks dude i actually had a chance to talk to U-God. At a show in Vermont about two years ago. Dude is very full of himself which surprised me. I asked him what he listens to expecting to get some incite of some dope music i had not heard and he looked at me very serious and kind of pissed and said "i only listen to my shit" and i thought to myself that that was a funny thing to say. But was willing to talk to me for a little while which was cool.

hahahahaha, yea ive actually heard this about him and its really funny to me. I'm probably one of the bigger U-God fans you'll meet, at least his Wu Tang work and his first and last solo albums. But whenever i see him at a show he doesnt talk much and he always says to cop his shit. He seems like a fucking character
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

Hello All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello All   Hello All Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 5:32 pm

Welcome Ticesun. Was No Limit really still big when you were in H.S.? I thought they came and left around '97-'98. I never owned anything by them so I could & should be wrong hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Hello All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello All   Hello All Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 6:20 pm

What's up, Ticesun? Do you still talk to Canibus?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Hello All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello All   Hello All Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 6:36 pm

Welcome man, I have a feeling you'll actually post more than a couple of times here, which is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

Hello All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello All   Hello All Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 2:47 am

Ticesun wrote:

LOL, I couldn't imagine him listening to his own cd's over and over... Well besides Dopium. Poor guy.
Back to top Go down
Ticesun
Woof
Woof

Hello All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello All   Hello All Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 7:00 pm

My freshman year they were still very big. Percey had just came out with that movie I got the hook up i think. Silk was actully putting out stuff that was all over the radio. Mystical was also big and they had just had that label song were he was on the basketball hoop. I actually enjoy mystical his intensity is key for me. They had just signed Snoop dog and he came out with last meal. So yeah i mean i used no limit as an example of shitty music that was getting alot of play when i was first starting to listen to hip hop. I guess roc a fella was reall big. Hov was trying to push bleek really really hard. But we all know how bad he sucks. the hot boyz were really big. Luda busted on the scene around that time and i do respect some of the work luda does. H.I.N.C. was a big hit actually. Ja rule was big. so there was a good amount of bad music.

I dont talk to canibus i never have. To be honest im not even a big canibus fan. I feel like he trys to hard to be word heavy that he does not put enough dedication in keeping songs entertaining. I cant listen to alot of his albums all the way through and stay interested. I ebjoy some of his stuff but he isnt really someone that ima get excited about.

And ya U god def did that. Brooklyn zoo and ice water were also at the show and they were the only other members that were chillin after the show were the general public could talk to them and they were some reall cool dudes. they kept trying to find bud and bitches so i think the other dudes in wu have them talk to people to get them to bring bitches to the after party. o well i would proble do the same. haha
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Hello All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello All   Hello All Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 7:02 pm

smh. I was making a Mike Tyson joke... lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello All   Hello All Icon_minitime