Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GUR Tournament Round 2 Results

Go down 
+5
parker lewis
thelundquist
Shaun
Laced With Slang
Tic706
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Empty
PostSubject: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 10:31 pm

B1
9. MF Grimm
13. Ill Bill
22. One Be Lo
23. Pharoahe
25. Royce Da 5'9
15. Jean Grae
16. J-Live
19. K-Rino

B2
1. Del Tha Funkee
24. Devin The Dude
5. Tech N9ne
25. Z-Ro
22. Cormega
9. Ras Kass
11. Phonte
18. Masta Ace
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 11:02 pm

smh at Phonte making it this far and a GOAT like Keith not here. LMAO Keith should be in the final four of a nonunderground tourney, smh, SMD
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 11:40 pm

Slang, umad ?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 2:32 am

yeah Kool Keith and Rugged Man should definitely still be in it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 12:35 pm

If you look at this list for what it is, it's pretty dope. Still, there are a few absences that make it tough to take this tourney too seriously...Keith, Doom, Rugged Man & Apathy namely.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 12:53 pm

Whoa when did Doom get knocked out? How did I miss that? ridiculous
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 2:01 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
smh at Phonte making it this far and a GOAT like Keith not here. LMAO Keith should be in the final four of a nonunderground tourney, smh, SMD

you're complaining about Phonte, but the biggest one missing is DOOM..how in the world is he not still in a best underground emcee tourney??? now that is where the bullshit lies....DOOM should easily still be present and accounted for at this early stage of the tourney...
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 2:04 pm

I know it all has to do with match-up, but Kool Keith, DOOM & Rugged Man should/could easily be 3 of the final 4.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 2:10 pm

Rugged Man was properly eliminated IMO....

Kool Keith is extremely dope, but any vote I have for him would be as a part of Ultramagnetic as a whole...so by himself he was properly eliminated as well IMO.....

Phonte is right where he should be IMO

and DOOM not still being in it is what I'm questioning??? DOOM should have won the whole thing IMO...or at the very least came in 2nd place...but to who I'm not so sure.....maybe Jean Grae or numero uno below???
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 2:36 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Rugged Man was properly eliminated IMO....

Kool Keith is extremely dope, but any vote I have for him would be as a part of Ultramagnetic as a whole...so by himself he was properly eliminated as well IMO.....

Phonte is right where he should be IMO

and DOOM not still being in it is what I'm questioning??? DOOM should have won the whole thing IMO...or at the very least came in 2nd place...but to who I'm not so sure.....maybe Jean Grae or numero uno below???

I like Ace better than Doom personally but I agree with the rest of what you said.

Mr Monchichi is the best overall MC in this tournament IMO, I said that from the beginning. Whether or not he wins remains to be seen but I feel he's the best spitter remaining.

MC's just come on 'round, you're the next contestant on "Catch A Beat Down"!!

Last edited by KJ Styles on Fri 21 Jan 2011, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 2:36 pm

I think the only thing we agree on is that DOOM should still be in lol
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 3:57 pm

Brother Ali should still be in this thing. He has more talent than Doom, Keith, and Ill Bill.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 8:00 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Brother Ali should still be in this thing. He has more talent than Doom, Keith, and Ill Bill.

Completely false...you & Powell (Rugged Man & Phonte both are where they should be?) ought to learn to admit when you don't know what you're talking about. And, if Doom, et al aren't your type, just say that shit then.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 8:14 pm

Ah to me Bro Ali is better than them. Fa real. He is what I look for mostly in an artist. He's just better than them and I can debate it easily.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 8:22 pm

You can debate that Ali is more talented than Kool Keith and Doom? Weren't you the one who had only heard Hour of Reprisal from Bill, and can't tell him apart from Slaine on LCN? Don't really see where you're in any position to debate that one...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 8:27 pm

Like I said, if you don't like them dudes then you don't like em. I think Doom & Keith in particular are a couple examples where skill is skill. Vote for who you like...like who you like as a matter of fact, but I don't think anyone needs to underplay these guys.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 8:58 pm

I'm really diggin Bro Ali as well. I wouldn't take him over Doom but I like him better than Keith (solo wise) and Ill Bill.

The two best MC's remaining IMO are Monch (who I picked to win it all from the beginning) and Del
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 4:39 pm

Keith solo wise >>>>>> most of the rappers you big up
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 4:40 pm

and who eliminated Mac Dre?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 6:45 pm

parker lewis wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

Completely false...you & Powell (Rugged Man & Phonte both are where they should be?) ought to learn to admit when you don't know what you're talking about. And, if Doom, et al aren't your type, just say that shit then.

Ummm joseph you are really starting to remind me of good ol' jeffrey little mane.....a lil guy not much taller than bushwick smalls who constantly stays with his thongs wrapped around his kneecaps....whenever someone says anything about any emcee whom he deems to be the dopest, most evolved emcee of all-time

IN MY OPINION Rugged Man is eliminated quite properly...he is a good emcee who gets a bunch of heads on his dick because of Uncommon Valor....his biggest splash in the industry that he's been a part of since the early 90's....in other words HE HASN'T DONE ENOUGH, and he was eliminated right where he should have been IMO......that combined with him being nice but not that damn nice on the mic is enough for me again IN MY OPINION.....Phonte has quadrupled his work output and has put out much doper material IN MY OPINION....is this alright with you joseph jeffrey little???

as for DOOM well I've already said I think he should win this tourney....so obviously I like him and respect his work alot......

Last edited by D.Powell on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 6:48 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

is Keith solo wise better than Ghostface?? how about Raekwon??? maybe GZA??? how about RZA as an emcee?? how about Masta Killa?? is he better than Cappadonna?? possibly Meth?? is he better than Killah Priest??

hey slango be quiet mane, you're just ranting again as usual....lol
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 7:09 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

is Keith solo wise better than Ghostface?? how about Raekwon??? maybe GZA??? how about RZA as an emcee?? how about Masta Killa?? is he better than Cappadonna?? possibly Meth?? is he better than Killah Priest??

arguably he is better than all of them, yes
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 7:29 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

arguably he is better than all of them, yes

Keith ain't fuckin with GZA or Ghostface even if you throw in the Ultra albums.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 7:37 pm

from a rhyming standpoint, he DEFINITLY is, lyricaly, style, flow, everything...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 7:48 pm

Kool Keith is not a better emcee from any standpoint (lyrically, flow, voice, rhyme cadence..etc) than Ghost or Meth or GZA!

Get The Fuck Out

you're ranting again....would you cut that shit out mane??
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 10:04 pm

Look, saying Uncommon Valor is some sort of fluke performance is completely ignorant...he's killed every verse in the last ten years just as nicely. And that's all I'm saying here...you don't know what you're talking about. At all.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 10:08 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Look, saying Uncommon Valor is some sort of fluke performance is completely ignorant...he's killed every verse in the last ten years just as nicely. And that's all I'm saying here...you don't know what you're talking about. At all.

R.A. killed this song with his verse.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 10:39 pm

The crazy part about R.A.'s verse on Uncommon Valor is that shit is a true story, reliving his dad's story.

The dude's flow is on another level. I would love to see him and Ghost go at it, these guys could rhyme for a long minute w/o running out of breath. Ain't no way Phonte is touching him (except putting out more materials & singing).
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 10:43 pm

I'm sure sexually, too.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 10:47 pm

Phonte is touching Rugged Man?
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 11:18 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Phonte is touching Rugged Man?

He wishes.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 11:20 pm

In his grizzly pants-basket.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 11:37 pm

parker lewis wrote:

Laughing My Ass Off

just because your fans on this forum agree with you joe little that R.A. is the nicest most evolved emcee on the planet doesn't necessarily mean it's true mane

that motherfucker is living off of Uncommon Valor whether he's talking about his dad or your dead dog leonard...he's nice but he ain't that nice IMO.....Phonte is flowing just fine whether you like it or not...it's not relevant mane!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 11:40 pm

Ignorant
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 11:44 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Ignorant

SENSITIVE!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 11:50 pm

I'm not sensitive...no emotion suggested in anything I've said. Ignorant is an actual word with an actual meaning. Your statements on Rugged Man prove entirely that you are ignorant on the matter. As per the definition of the word ignorant. Ignorant.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 11:56 pm

parker lewis wrote:
I'm not sensitive...no emotion suggested in anything I've said. Ignorant is an actual word with an actual meaning. Your statements on Rugged Man prove entirely that you are ignorant on the matter. As per the definition of the word ignorant. Ignorant.

I'm ignorant in regards to R.A. to you because you're crying over a bowl of cheerios...you're upset that anyone would not see the dopeness in one of your favorite, most evolved emcees of all-time...plain and simple....most hip-hop heads already know that R.A. is nice, but they also know that he is not the nicest emcee...and that the best thing that he has done is Uncommon Valor which was a minute ago, and he hasn't done much since....that is his shining moment would you agree? he is NOT an all-time emcee IMO...you are upset about this so you're not trying to hear anything about it...you're completely shut off to reason when it comes to R.A.

you will defend his turf and believe that he has changed the game...he has evolved the art of emceeing IN YOUR OPINION

IN MY OPINION he is a nice emcee with ONE main shining moment....that is all lil joe.....don't take it personal mane!
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 12:45 am

Uncommon Valor is waaay to over hyped. He has better songs imo. That I prefer I must say. And he uses that same Big Pun tongue twist in almost every song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tournament Round 2 Results   GUR Tournament Round 2 Results Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GUR Tournament Round 2 Results
Page 1 of 1