Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew Empty
PostSubject: NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew   NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 3:22 am

This a track we, the Rockwell Crew (Kid Prodigy, J.Carnage & Mic Killa), just recorded tonight (our first new track in nearly a year) to Dr. Dre's "Big Ego's" instrumental. G-Oz who is referred and alluded to in the song was a founding member of the Rockwell Crew who passed away about 3 years ago. Kid Prodigy has the first verse, J.Carnage is on the second, and I'm on the third. What y'all think?

Last edited by thelundquist on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : even better mix)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
LivenLearn
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
LivenLearn

PostSubject: Re: NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew   NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 2:18 am

The first rapper was decent, flow a lil choppy but i appreciate the real talk and strong lyrics...The second rapper has a better flow and delivery, all of the vocals need to be lowered cuz theyre crazy loud and sound like theyre clipping a lil, his verse was hot tho very smooth....Your flow isn't bad, you get a lil stuck in tho, need a switchup....I like the lyircs tho very creative and real talk, not bad guys better mixing and a lil better delivery from the first guy and u'd be str8..keep it up man
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew   NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 3:52 am

Hey thanks for the feedback LivenLearn, the praise and criticism are both much appreciated. To be honest I was excited about the track (because we hadn't recorded in a minute), so I didn't take the time to do the mixing like i should have, but I'll relay the advice to the 1st dude and use your advice to me.
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew   NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 2:03 am

Dope stuff thelundquist! I'm glad you fella's recorded a new track, your crew definitely sounds good together. I co-sign Livenlearn's assesment of the vocals sounding louder then the actual track, but if you are recording with a turntable and mic 99% of the time its going to sound like that. Thanks for sharing!

Peace
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew   NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 4:39 am

Hey thanks arokone. I'm really glad we're back in the lab together. Look for a Rockwell mixtape in the coming months... It's goin down!
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew   NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan 2011, 11:34 am

This is nice. Can't decide what verse was my favorite, but J. Carnage was disappointing after hearing Kasady state of mind, lol. But still good.

Good that u are recording again, u sound good together like Arokone said. But do u guys have a producer? Find a producer and then group is complete.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew   NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan 2011, 11:53 am

PKT wrote:
This is nice. Can't decide what verse was my favorite, but J. Carnage was disappointing after hearing Kasady state of mind, lol. But still good.

Good that u are recording again, u sound good together like Arokone said. But do u guys have a producer? Find a producer and then group is complete.

Thanks PKT, I'm pretty proud of this track, but yeah on Kasady State of Mind, J. Carnage was on that other other shit lol, he's got more stuff like that in store though trust me lol.

That has been our major issue from the start is that we don't have a producer, so we don't have original beats or our own sound or anything. I tried to learn how, but I just didn't have the talent for it. We are still looking though.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew   NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 3:52 pm

PKT wrote:

Also, J didn't write this verse... he Jay-Z'd it. Just forgot to mention that the first time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew   NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW Shit! from the Rockwell Crew
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Show Ya Skillz :: The Studio-
Jump to: