Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"

Go down 
+3
Shaun
thelundquist
E. Taylor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Empty
PostSubject: Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"   Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb 2011, 7:05 pm

Is this really coming out on Feb. 22nd or is Amazon teasing me again?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"   Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb 2011, 8:22 pm

Idk man, this album has gotten pretty elusive. I pre-ordered it on itunes when it was supposed to come out in November. I hope that it's still good for whenever it does come out. The 22nd would be cool, but I'm not getting my hopes up...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"   Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011, 3:35 am

Who cares?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"   Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 4:52 pm

I care. Mine came in today, sweet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"   Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 4:57 pm

It's weak
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"   Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 6:56 pm

obvvvv
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"   Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 7:00 pm

I like the album personally. I honestly don't understand the Ortiz hate, he's an above average MC that especially shines with good production.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"   Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 7:07 pm

Ortiz is good for a verse here and there, and that's it IMO. I can only deal with "I'm ____ and you're ____" for so long.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"   Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 7:16 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I like the album personally. I honestly don't understand the Ortiz hate, he's an above average MC that especially shines with good production.

yeah, i don't generally mind Joell, and i like his last album. This album was just average to me though.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"   Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012, 3:04 pm

Hindsight is 20/20, and i undersold this album. After a long hiatus, i revisited this today, and it's a lot better than i remember.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"   Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012, 5:54 pm

Joell doesn't do it for me. Only SH member I have no interest in his solos.

No real interest for Crooked I anymore either. Royce let getting back on a major go to his head.

Budden too interested in beating women and fucking hos. Damn...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"   Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2012, 9:15 am

I just read what i wrote yesterday, and it looks like Wayne Maye typed that, lol! We can't have that. anyway, i still wouldn't call this close to being great, but i was definitely very critical of it when it dropped. I really had no desire to listen to it again because nothing stood out for me, but i found 4 or 5 tracks that i really enjoyed yersterday. I'm just flat out tired of waiting on Crooked I to drop a solo. I love his skill, guest spots, and Slaughterhouse verses, but enough is enough already. Vegas needs the post the odds on what album drops first, Detox or Crooked I's proper solo debut.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"   Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2012, 9:53 am

I like this album a lot. Haven't played it in a while, but the last few times I gave it a spin I enjoyed it. Hell, it's way better than that new Slaughterhouse album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"   Joell Ortiz "Free Agent" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joell Ortiz "Free Agent"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: