Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!

Go down 
+9
Deanie O'Banion
Half
Myestro
Alan
Funk Seoul Brother
Tic706
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
KJ Styles
13 posters
AuthorMessage
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Empty
PostSubject: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 12:33 am

Hot diggity damn!! The Rock is back in the WWE, I hope we get Rock vs Cena one on one at Wrestlemaina. It's gonna be fuckin awesome and will give the WWE it's biggest boost since the Attitude Era!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 12:49 am

Yeah man, i don't watch Raw too regularly anymore, but i was glad i caught the end of Raw tonight.

The Rock>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 12:54 am

That shit was amazing, I hope we get that one on one match at WM.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 12:56 am

I have my doubts he is actually back for good, but i want at least one match out of it.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 1:49 am

Yeah, if they want WM27 to draw, they've gotta make Rock vs Cena happen.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 2:37 am

damn!, i might have to watch wrestling again
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 2:52 pm

In case y'all missed it, here it is.....

Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 4:11 pm

I figured once his acting career flopped like it has he'll return to his true calling.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 4:13 pm

LOL, his acting career has been lackluster for quite some time now, but he still manages to get work. I'm willing to bet Fast Five will be a box office hit and further prolong his acting career.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 4:48 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
I figured once his acting career flopped like it has he'll return to his true calling.

From a financial POV his acting career hasn't flopped at all. Critically he's been in some weak movies but that's not entirely his fault. I think he's a good actor but he's not an elite one. He's definitely better off in the WWE though, because that's definitely his true calling. F&F Five will definitely be a box office smash even if the movie itself sucks. He did say last night that he was back in the WWE to stay, but we'll see how it plays out.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 5:40 pm

OK KJ or anyone who can answer them....

I stopped watching wrestling alltogether around mid-October. Back then is was the Cena Vs Nexus saga that was the main storyline. Now after watching last night I am quite confused.

Its appears as though only Otunga and McGillicutty are the only OG members left and that Punk and some big dude make up the rest of the group. How on earth did this come about? I also see Barrett is now on smackdown....how did that happen.

Other than that I was able to loosely follow the program. Appreciate the input.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 5:57 pm

Cise wrote:
OK KJ or anyone who can answer them....

I stopped watching wrestling alltogether around mid-October. Back then is was the Cena Vs Nexus saga that was the main storyline. Now after watching last night I am quite confused.

Its appears as though only Otunga and McGillicutty are the only OG members left and that Punk and some big dude make up the rest of the group. How on earth did this come about? I also see Barrett is now on smackdown....how did that happen.

Other than that I was able to loosely follow the program. Appreciate the input.

Wow, you chose the WRONG time to stop watching. What made you stop?

But anyway, John Cena was forced to join Nexus after losing to Wade Barrett in a match that Husky Harris and Mike McGillicutty interfered in. Barrett had him doing things that were against his character, then Barrett had a championship match vs Randy Orton at Survivor Series with Cena as the referee. The stip was that if Barrett lost the match that Cena would be fired, but if Barrett won the match then Cena would be free from Nexus.

Barrett slapped Cena in the face during the match, then Cena punched Barrett and then Barrett turned around and got RKO'ed by Orton, and Cena made the 3 count that cost him his job. He didn't like the idea of a guy winning the title without earning it so he did that. During Cena's kayfabe termination, he'd buy tickets to Monday Night Raw and beat up members of Nexus at will. Barrett then decided to re-hire Cena under the conditions that he face Barrett in a chairs match at the TLC PPV. Cena defeated Barrett in the match and then trapped Barrett under a platform where 23 chairs would fall on top of him.

During that time, CM Punk became a temporary ring announcer for RAW and became enraged over Cena's behavior so then he along with the other members of Nexus decided to attack Cena. Punk then made himself the new leader of Nexus while Barrett was out injured (kayfabe of course).

When Barrett returned, he proposed a match with Punk to decide the leader of Nexus, but instead, the Raw GM made a number one contenders cage match between Orton, Barrett, and Sheamus. Barrett looked like he was going to win but then Punk cost him the match, Orton ended up winning. Barrett then went to Smackdown and Punk was now the leader of the Nexus and made the members go through some bullshit physical initations. Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater refused to go through theirs so they're now on Smackdown with Barrett. Those three and Ezekiel Jackson went on to form a new group called The Corre on Smackdown.

As for Husky Harris, he was punted in the head by Randy Orton a couple of weeks ago after CM Punk and the New Nexus cost him his WWE title match vs The Miz at the Royal Rumble. He'll be back though.

Anything else you'd like to know?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 7:18 pm

T. Myers wrote:
LOL, his acting career has been lackluster for quite some time now, but he still manages to get work. I'm willing to bet Fast Five will be a box office hit and further prolong his acting career.

I thought he played his character quite well in Be Cool.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 7:24 pm

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I thought he played his character quite well in Be Cool.

And Get Smart.

And I still want to see Faster.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 7:40 pm

I haven't seen Be Cool, and i want to see Faster too.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 7:45 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

Wow, you chose the WRONG time to stop watching. What made you stop?

But anyway, John Cena was forced to join Nexus after losing to Wade Barrett in a match that Husky Harris and Mike McGillicutty interfered in. Barrett had him doing things that were against his character, then Barrett had a championship match vs Randy Orton at Survivor Series with Cena as the referee. The stip was that if Barrett lost the match that Cena would be fired, but if Barrett won the match then Cena would be free from Nexus.

Barrett slapped Cena in the face during the match, then Cena punched Barrett and then Barrett turned around and got RKO'ed by Orton, and Cena made the 3 count that cost him his job. He didn't like the idea of a guy winning the title without earning it so he did that. During Cena's kayfabe termination, he'd buy tickets to Monday Night Raw and beat up members of Nexus at will. Barrett then decided to re-hire Cena under the conditions that he face Barrett in a chairs match at the TLC PPV. Cena defeated Barrett in the match and then trapped Barrett under a platform where 23 chairs would fall on top of him.

During that time, CM Punk became a temporary ring announcer for RAW and became enraged over Cena's behavior so then he along with the other members of Nexus decided to attack Cena. Punk then made himself the new leader of Nexus while Barrett was out injured (kayfabe of course).

When Barrett returned, he proposed a match with Punk to decide the leader of Nexus, but instead, the Raw GM made a number one contenders cage match between Orton, Barrett, and Sheamus. Barrett looked like he was going to win but then Punk cost him the match, Orton ended up winning. Barrett then went to Smackdown and Punk was now the leader of the Nexus and made the members go through some bullshit physical initations. Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater refused to go through theirs so they're now on Smackdown with Barrett. Those three and Ezekiel Jackson went on to form a new group called The Corre on Smackdown.

As for Husky Harris, he was punted in the head by Randy Orton a couple of weeks ago after CM Punk and the New Nexus cost him his WWE title match vs The Miz at the Royal Rumble. He'll be back though.

Anything else you'd like to know?
What made me stop was that I lost cable and was going though a bit of a life crisis so to say. I lost interest in a lot of the things I used to enjoy. That is over now just for the record though I still don't have cable lol.

I do appreciate you taking the time to write that. It pretty much answers most of the questions. I sure did pick the worst time to stop watching. Goodness me I missed quite a bit but will be tuning in as much as I can from hereon out.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 8:41 pm

T. Myers wrote:

I think you'd LOVE Be Cool, it was fuckin hilarious. Cedric and Andre 3000 cracked me up in that too. Faster was decent. His best movie IMO is easily the Rundown.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 9:14 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I think you'd LOVE Be Cool, it was fuckin hilarious. Cedric and Andre 3000 cracked me up in that too. Faster was decent. His best movie IMO is easily the Rundown.

The Rundown was ok
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 9:19 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

The Rundown was ok

I liked it a lot personally, brought out the Rock's comedic side and the action scenes were good. Him and Stifler had good chemistry.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 11:14 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

The Rundown was ok

I liked it a lot personally, brought out the Rock's comedic side and the action scenes were good. Him and Stifler had good chemistry.

My favorite part in The Rundown was when he mercilessly beat down that football team in the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:19 pm

Anyone see Faster? I'm interested in that for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 6:27 pm

Half wrote:
Anyone see Faster? I'm interested in that for some reason.

Still haven't learned to read, I see. Only mentions of it in this thread were those of us that also were interested in it.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 7:55 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Indeed. And I must say - definitely better than Get Shorty.

Not a classic film, but damn good nonetheless IMO.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 8:02 pm

Better than Get Shorty? You're tripping. Dennis Farina, Danny Devito & Uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite kill their parts. I thought Be Cool in the same way as Caddyshack II, until I gave it a fair chance to stand on it's own, and now I enjoy it...but better than Get Shorty...not even remotely close my good man.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 8:50 pm

TheBeerHunter wrote:
Better than Get Shorty? You're tripping. Dennis Farina, Danny Devito & Uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite kill their parts. I thought Be Cool in the same way as Caddyshack II, until I gave it a fair chance to stand on it's own, and now I enjoy it...but better than Get Shorty...not even remotely close my good man.

I can see that. I remember watching Get Shorty after watching Be Cool a couple times when it dropped (which I saw first....long before Be Cool). I like Be Cool more. And I know others that do too. In actuality, I do feel they are pretty even.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 8:56 pm

I like Be Cool better, too. I can't believe you silly mofos still watch wrestling like that. Are all of you adults with functional IQs?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:20 pm

parker lewis wrote:
I like Be Cool better, too. I can't believe you silly mofos still watch wrestling like that. Are all of you adults with functional IQs?

LOL....I kind of think that too whenever my roommate or another buddy of mine brings it up. I guess I've never really understood it after I found out it was all fake....when I was about 8 or whatever. Nevertheless, I can see the entertainment value in it. I just don't really get excited for a rival or matchup, because it's not like the best man wins. Every match is set up right?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:25 pm

parker lewis wrote:

I've wondered that about you the whole time I've known you Parker, LMAO!!!
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:26 pm

I don't watch wrestling.

On the topic of Fast and the Furious, Tokyo Drift is the most underrated out of the series. Exhilarating action sequences, thought-provoking dialogue, and superb cinematography. Bow Wow's best performance by far.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:28 pm

You've never known me, simpleton.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 10:58 pm

Well I know you from the internet, jackass. You don't know as much as you think you do.

As for me liking wrestling. It's sports entertainment and I'm not the least bit ashamed to be a fan. Those guys are legit athletes. The outcomes of matches are predetermined and they do rehearse but people really do get hurt inside wrestling rings. I've met several wrestlers and have seen first hand what they go through.

While it may not be everyone's cup of tea, it's awesome to me and I respect what those guys do tremendously, most people couldn't handle the wear and tear on their bodies.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 1:46 am

"On the topic of Fast and the Furious, Tokyo Drift is the most underrated out of the series. Exhilarating action sequences, thought-provoking dialogue, and superb cinematography. Bow Wow's best performance by far. "

I've seen Tokyo Drift twice. It was entertaining, but that's about where it ends.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 24 Feb 2011, 2:22 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:

Yeah, his acting career fizzled. Or maybe his roles aen't coming quick enough so he decided to act and wrestle. shit WWE is acting anyways. Wrestling is still wack
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 24 Feb 2011, 3:42 pm

Kj has to be white trash dudes like 50 and watches wwf, parties with white fat girls, spend all his time in the casino and like hip hop that is irrelevant in current black culture. We need to bring this guy to the light. Stop the racism
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!   FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: