Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)

Go down 
+7
Alan
T. Myers
Shaun
Justin Linker
Tic706
yOGi420™
Laced With Slang
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Empty
PostSubject: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 10:00 pm

Tyler just signed a one-album deal with XL Recordings, his new album Goblin will be dropping this spring.

He'll be appearing on Jimmy Fallon tomorrow night supposedly performing this song and according to him he has one purpose of going on the show: "To Scare the fuck out of White America"

fucking awesome.

this song is absolutely wild as he literally goes in on anybody. This beat sounds like Rza on meth.

the last verse >>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 10:01 pm

i even just bought this on itunes
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 10:53 pm

Wow, he is really going to perform that track. You're only going to hear every other word. How did he get the spot on Jimmy fallon anyways? Its just not the type of track yo hear on late night tv unless it's some horror flick.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 11:16 pm

Now this one is much better than that other shit you posted. I can tell this one was better mixed and shows some care in the product. Dope song.

Now with that being said there's nothing original about this cat style or subject wise. But he is a diamond in the pile of shit in today's young climate...lol. I give him props for seeming to put out the type of music he truly wants and not following any formulas of today's music. Sounds a lot like Bro Lynch on this one though.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 12:51 am

Ehhh. He's not bad but that beat is annoying as all hell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 1:36 am

all of Odd Future's production is original as fuck and Tyler produces most of it.

All of you cant even begin to understand how much these guys are blowing up, especially Tyler. Hot 97 is backing em, all of the heavyweights in hip hop are starting to take notice, and now Jimmy Fallon. Seriously, mark my words, they are going to be enormous
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:50 am

Get off his dick mane
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:15 am

Indeed, Linker.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:33 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 8:44 pm

Eh....it's alright if unoriginal. I too feel the beat is pretty weak.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 8:56 pm

they are the most original crew ive heard in years, im loving the production.

all im saying is once they blow and become about as big as Wu-Tang was in '97 dont say i didnt tell you so
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 8:58 pm

Valentine's Day is over
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 8:59 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

all im saying is once they blow and become about as big as Wu-Tang was in '97 dont say i didnt tell you so

LOL....that sounds pretty delusional, man. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:00 pm

Alan wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

i have done loads of research on these guys man...they are going to EXPLODE
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:02 pm

LOL....first of all; I don't think any group will be as Wu-Tang as long as the hip-hop climate keeps moving in the way it's been moving in the past 20 years.

And second of all, seriously?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:31 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Alan wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

i have done loads of research on these guys man...they are going to EXPLODE

Pause hahahahahahahahahahahaa
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 2:37 am

wow just saw them on Jimmy Fallon, Odd Future has arrived.

Mos Def was there yelling "Swag, Swag, Swag!" into the camera after their performance you know it was a success. They didn't play the song i posted but they played a dope track with the Roots providing the sounds.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 2:57 am

Slang Editorial wrote:

Mos Def was there yelling "Swag, Swag, Swag!" into the camera after their performance you know it was a success. They didn't play the song i posted but they played a dope track with the Roots providing the sounds.

I'll check this out later tonight Slang.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 5:43 am

Very high energy, ski masks, lawn gnomes, dry ice & a 5150 chick in a hospital gown...what more could you ask for?
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 2:03 pm

NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) 2b48m1

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 7:38 pm

lol at that picture. Check out Lil Wayne and the girl from The Ring's kid in the background
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 7:44 pm

Pic is gayer than Slang's signature.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 9:33 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

LOL...great way to bend reality to help promote for fanboyism. I just watched the video and Mos Def was just acting in the moment just like all the other guest were. Nothng about him saying those short words screams cosign...lol.

Now with that being said I really dug that performance. Glad to see some young cats trying to bring something outside the norm back to mainstream music. If they blow i'll be glad for them.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 9:39 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

LOL...great way to bend reality to help promote for fanboyism. I just watched the video and Mos Def was just acting in the moment just like all the other guest were. Nothng about him saying those short words screams cosign...lol.

Now with that being said I really dug that performance. Glad to see some young cats trying to bring something outside the norm back to mainstream music. If they blow i'll be glad for them.

you are clearly talking straight out of your ass. Odd Future has only played outside of California a handful of times and the one time they went to NY, guess who was in the crowd??? Mos Def, along with other guys like Skyzoo and others. Mos has been following these guys since for a while and it was no coincidence why he was on Fallo. i will bet my life the reason Mos was on Fallon last night was solely to support Odd Future.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 9:47 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

you are clearly talking straight out of your ass. Odd Future has only played outside of California a handful of times and the one time they went to NY, guess who was in the crowd??? Mos Def, along with other guys like Skyzoo and others. Mos has been following these guys since for a while and it was no coincidence why he was on Fallo. i will bet my life the reason Mos was on Fallon last night was solely to support Odd Future.

Well you clearly as often as you do are just talking out the side of yo ass. You did not state Mos Def supports these guys and has been following their success. You stated and I quote:

"Mos Def was there yelling "Swag, Swag, Swag!" into the camera after their performance you know it was a success"

From that stament I got he was just so moved by their performance that he just had to get in the camera and yell some shit. But what really happened is everybody on the guest panel got on stage and joined in the moment. Because Tyler ran all over the damn show stage hyping EVERYONE up.

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 9:51 pm

OK, but in the other thread which you had multiple comments in i already explained how Mos has been following these guys. Also, Mos Def has been known to be a huge "fan" of certain rappers compared to other rappers who just make music, Mos is truly a fan
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 9:54 pm

Cool man. Like I said much respect to these new cats for upping the ante. I'll keep an eye out for them.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 4:40 pm

NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Tumblr_lgr4utVhRI1qe17dko1_500

and holy fuck just noticed on youtube his single "Yonkers" has almost 800,000 views and it came out a week ago...i told you they are blowing up
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 4:50 pm

heres the song they played on Fallon and the other single:

Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 4:54 pm

SHIIIT!!!! This is ill. I need to hear more of this dude, crew
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 4:59 pm

thelundquist wrote:
SHIIIT!!!! This is ill. I need to hear more of this dude, crew

they released music for the last few years ALL FREE on their website. All of the albums are available here:

http://oddfuture.tumblr.com/

at the top of the page you will see all the album titles as blue links.

The ones i say to get first are Bastard, EARL, and Blackenedwhite, and then the Odd Future Tape

start with those 3-4

and really i think you're either going t love or hate these guys. Older heads will probably hate them but they come so damn raw i got nothin but love for em, reminds me of early Gravediggaz, Esham, with some Doom, and El-P sprinkled in with a "swag" factor
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 5:08 pm

Thanks man. I'll check those out to start. I already know I'm going to love this shit. The two songs i heard reminded me of underground Shady when he was on the horrorcore tip for a minute.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 7:02 pm

u listen to any of it lundquist?

Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 7:07 pm

The only one I was able to successfully download was EARL. I'm listening to it now, dope so far I'm really liking it.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 11:08 pm

You say Early Em, I was thinking Remember Me, not underground Em far back, but the first homie on Fallon reminded me of grimey ass Sticky...5 finga discount gets down similar to homeboy.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 11:33 pm

TheBeerHunter wrote:
You say Early Em, I was thinking Remember Me, not underground Em far back, but the first homie on Fallon reminded me of grimey ass Sticky...5 finga discount gets down similar to homeboy.

I can see the Sticky Fingaz comp, but yeah the early Em I had in mind was like Watch Dees, 365, & Possessed By Evil Demons. MMLP makes some sense too.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 12:39 am

The beat for this track is dope, but the rest is just ok. I've youtubed some other shit from this collective that i have liked a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 12:45 am

T. Myers wrote:
The beat for this track is dope, but the rest is just ok. I've youtubed some other shit from this collective that i have liked a lot more.

like i said give Bastard, EARL, and Blackenedwhite downloads

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)   NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW Tyler the Creator track "Yonkers" check this out even if you didn't like him in the other thread (Note: this is not for the faint of heart)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: