Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)

Go down 
+2
Laced With Slang
Shaun
6 posters

Top 50, Top 100, or Neither?
Top 50
100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Vote_lcap8%100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Top 100
100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Vote_lcap42%100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Neither
100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Vote_lcap50%100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Empty
PostSubject: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 7:24 am

Brother Lynch Hung
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 7:46 am

N/A
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 9:08 am

his debut is CLASSIC but thats all ive heard
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 9:14 am

I don't have the most informed opinion on him. I've heard a few tracks here and there, and i was never impressed enough to check out a solo from him.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 9:43 am

I could see him as top 100. 24 Deep and Season Of Da Siccness are classics. Loaded is up there too. And I also really liked his album with MC Eiht.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 10:00 am

this dude is no way top 200 let alone 100..lol

and I've only heard two songs from him, but his scores are so low that is he even worth discussing??

NEITHER
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 10:58 am

Powell...how can you...nevermind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:02 am

Hey masterful and god-like powell, how is it you can rate an mc's worth and caliber after hearing so little of him? Like rating haystak after hearing a big fat 0% of his catalogue? Pretty awesome, if you ask me. I wish I had such abilities. AND on top of that, you have the ability to convince yourself you're not a hypocrite when you criticize other people's hip hop knowledge for voting against people from the 1800's who had no impact whereas people like Haystak, Tech N9ne, and Brotha Lynch Hung influenced a lot of today's underground. You must be a superhero or something. Super Powell! Except instead of saving people you piss them off. AWESOME.

AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:05 am

lol. Gotta agree with N3R0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:11 am

Be careful who you agree with Linker, lest you be categorized as a "puppet follower" because you agree with some one who disagrees with SUPER POWELL. For SUPER POWELL knows all and all those who oppose him shall fall before his geriatric might. Those evil, insidious YOUNG WHIPPER SNAPPERS have no chance against encyclopedic knowledge for the 5 years he listened to current hip hop. SUPER POWELL UP, UP, AND AWAY!
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:20 am

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:35 am

J. Linker of 0nSlaught3r wrote:

Hey Linker how much Doug E. Fresh are you aware of man?? I know you just "love" his beatboxing skills but how much material are you familiar with?? How about Mantronix Linker???

HMMMM????
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:37 am

N3R0 of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Be careful who you agree with Linker, lest you be categorized as a "puppet follower" because you agree with some one who disagrees with SUPER POWELL. For SUPER POWELL knows all and all those who oppose him shall fall before his geriatric might. Those evil, insidious YOUNG WHIPPER SNAPPERS have no chance against encyclopedic knowledge for the 5 years he listened to current hip hop. SUPER POWELL UP, UP, AND AWAY!

Is this really funny Linker???

Okay then I'm going to laugh too...LMAOOOOOOOOO!

but I think I'm laughing AT N3RO not with him...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:39 am

Wow, what a clever response to criticism Powell. It seems you also have the ability to tune out any criticsm that might bring you hyprocritical views to light...very nice, very nice. You're like the George W. Bush of the hip hop forums! Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:39 am

D.Powell wrote:

Hey Linker how much Doug E. Fresh are you aware of man?? I know you just "love" his beatboxing skills but how much material are you familiar with?? How about Mantronix Linker???

HMMMM????

Once you get up on DJ Quik, then get back at me.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM?????????

And never once did I say I knew nothing about Doug E. Fresh. I just don't see him as top 100. Yes, I heard his albums, they were good, but his beatboxing appears to me more.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:41 am

Wow, what a clever response to criticism Powell. It seems you also have the ability to tune out any criticsm that might bring you hyprocritical views to light...very nice, very nice. You're like the George W. Bush of the hip hop forums! Awesome!

I'm like George Bush and you grew up in IOWA??

LOL

now that's funny my dude...I'm not responding to your bullshit lil man, because for me to respond you must first make some fuckin sense...how about this response..FUCK HAYSTAK...

you like that response huh?? lol...come on N3RO, stop trying to believe you make sense man because you really don't!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:43 am

D.Powell wrote:

HMMMM????

HMMMMMMMMMMMM?????????

And never once did I say I knew nothing about Doug E. Fresh. I just don't see him as top 100. Yes, I heard his albums, they were good, but his beatboxing appears to me more.

FUCK DJ Quik I think there's a reason I'm not up on him...he ain't my speed and I'm more than man enough to admit it lil man...but you don't see Doug as top 100 because you don't know shit about him except for his ability to do the beatbox, I didn't vote when Quik was on the board....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:49 am

Dun dun daaaaaaaaaaa Super Powell, with ability to criticize things that have nothing to do with the conversation! He also whipped out his little used ability to ignore things he doesn't like while criticizing others for expanding their horizons (and somehow feels justified in doing so!)!!!!!!! Don't worry hip hop, Super Powell will save you with his closed minded antics one day! Until then, it looks like hip hop will just be ruined by all these new artists and their different perspectives! Damn you, progression!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:52 am

Dun dun daaaaaaaaaaa Super Powell, with ability to criticize things that have nothing to do with the conversation! He also whipped out his little used ability to ignore things he doesn't like while criticizing others for expanding their horizons (and somehow feels justified in doing so!)!!!!!!! Don't worry hip hop, Super Powell will save you with his closed minded antics one day! Until then, it looks like hip hop will just be ruined by all these new artists and their different perspectives! Damn you, progression!

I'm glad you think it's improved and progessed which is just further proof of your own ignorance but hey I'm talking to a dude that has no respect for Run-D.M.C. let alone hip-hop in general right??

For the record I've heard some of your beloved haystak and will proceed to name names if you want me too and dude is straight WACK...no progression, just recession, fuck that depression sums up his contribution...he's wack man....
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:59 am

D.Powell wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

HMMMM????

HMMMMMMMMMMMM?????????

FUCK DJ Quik I think there's a reason I'm not up on him...he ain't my speed and I'm more than man enough to admit it lil man...but you don't see Doug as top 100 because you don't know shit about him except for his ability to do the beatbox, I didn't vote when Quik was on the board....

lol @ Fuck DJ Quik. See, if I wanted to I could get at you for not knowing shit about Quik than you get at me for thinking I don't know shit about Doug E. Fresh. But I'm not gonna bother with it since it's your opinion. Don't like Quik? Cool. But you gotta at least respect the dude. "Fuck DJ Quik" is foul shit to say. Most will agree.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 12:03 pm

I do respect Quik, that's why I didn't vote on him when he was on the board, I actually still feel he's a top 100 hip-hop artist, I know enough about him to know that, but because I've only heard his debut I didn't feel I had heard enough to place a vote and didn't

but you voted when Doug was on the board without having alot of knowledge on him which shows no respect...you voted when Mantronix was on the board which shows no respect, but do you my dude
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 12:28 pm

You didn't even know Schooly D was down with Doug E. so who the fuck are you to talk shit to anybody? Go Google a fucking haystak song and say you heard it and tell me it was wack. You're like a kid, Powell. Your arguments always reduce to diatribes based on the ONLY things you feel you're "superior" to us at, and that's shit we have no control over (i.e. the b.johnson classics of a/s/l, which really don't mean shit). How about this Powell, there were like MAYBE 1,000 acts to grace the period of time you think you're this encyclopedia of knowledge in? And there's literally over a million today. So, if we know 50% of the shit you know, plus 1,000% more about what's going on today, then who really knows more than who? How about you go back to your rocking chair and tell people that might still respect your opinions about how much hip hop sucks today. You're the one feeding the death of hip hop, not us.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 1:23 pm

Schooly D was NEVER down with Doug E.Fresh N3RO so what the FUCK are you talking about lil boy???

The quanity of hip-hop readily available today is not the problem stupid it's the quality that is...

The sheer number is supposed to mean what N3RO?? that it's better?? because if that's what your saying then your less intelligent then I first thought...

and you don't know the hip-hop that was around in the golden ages so stop speaking on it like your an authority...you know Haystak and that's about it, but I've already given you my opinion on him...lol

Now your telling me again that you don't respect my opinion but my opinion always seems to piss you off?? see what I mean your not making any sense lil boy....a person whom I do not respect can't do anything to me how about you N3RO??

and stop speaking about "we" when you speak say your speaking for yourself, a real man does that, let the others speak for themselves my dude....lol

you got a lot to learn and the more you speak the more clueless you appear to be man..real talk!

Last edited by D.Powell on Mon 29 Jun 2009, 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 1:27 pm

Is there anybody else on here that thinks that because of the AMOUNT of hip-hop readily available in 2009 that it is better than it was in 1989??

LET'S DEBATE THIS ISSUE FELLAS....let's bring up points that show me that hip-hop today is better than before because you have 18 million motherfuckers doing it...lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 1:29 pm

He never said it was better. he said it was more plentiful.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:16 am

Top 100. Lynch is as prolific an underground artist as you can get. I have like 7 homeboys from Elk Grove that use to live in the same neighborhood as Lynch, I think I said this already over on amazon, they'd always see him getting blunted on the porch. By the way Powell do your homework "my dude" Quik is top notch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 Greatest Nominee Day 71 (C)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: