Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slim Shady LP

Go down 
+9
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
KJ Styles
Alan
Half
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
Justin Linker
Tic706
AndrewK
13 posters
AuthorMessage
AndrewK
Half Dolla
Half Dolla

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 11:26 am

I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and pretty much decided it easily cracks my top 5 all time list...and possible contender for #1.

I deserve respect but i work a sweat for this worthless check /
bout to burst this tec at somebody to reverse this debt

Nobody has ever rapped like that since. Not even em
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 1:21 pm

Go listen to Face 1st verse on Point Of No Return and Geto Fantasy. And Dre 3000 last verse on Elevators (Me & You). All on par or betta than that line. On the same subject also.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 1:41 pm

SSLP is a classic. Amazing wordplay. That was my favorite Eminem era and rapping style.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 2:00 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Go listen to Face 1st verse on Point Of No Return and Geto Fantasy. And Dre 3000 last verse on Elevators (Me & You). All on par or betta than that line. On the same subject also.

Those were all released before the SSLP.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:46 pm

yea this album is in my top 10, Em never came close to this IMO
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:55 pm

I prefer MMLP but this album is dope too. Em came pretty hard lyrically on MMLP too man, and he seemed a bit more mature, and tackled more personal subject matter.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 7:36 pm

Score = 0
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 9:03 pm

^^^^Stop hatin on Em cuz he's the only white MC from the Midwest that actually made something of himself.

Anyways, I pretty much co-sign what Half said. I like SSLP but I like MMLP better. Both are classics though, and while that verse you posted was classic, I've heard better ones since then.

Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 12:19 am

KJ Styles wrote:
^^^^Stop hatin on Em cuz he's the only white MC from the Midwest that actually made something of himself.

Anyways, I pretty much co-sign what Half said. I like SSLP but I like MMLP better. Both are classics though, and while that verse you posted was classic, I've heard better ones since then.

Negative.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 5:17 am

KJ Styles wrote:

Slim Shady LP Gippopotam
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 11:42 am

Yup I didn't stutter, and Tran is still a cat killing piece of crap.

When I say "Make something of themself" I mean sell records. Sure there's other good saltines from the midwest, but they ain't moving units, and don't give me Slug either, he went gold once and that's it. Comparing Slug to Eminem is like comparing Tom Green to Tom Hanks.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 6:13 pm

SSLP is a classic album, but MMLP (harder, more mature and arguably more lyrical) and Eminem Show (Flawless imo, not a single skip-worthy track) are both ahead of it in my opinion. I love all three though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 8:25 pm

thelundquist wrote:
SSLP is a classic album, but MMLP (harder, more mature and arguably more lyrical) and Eminem Show (Flawless imo, not a single skip-worthy track) are both ahead of it in my opinion. I love all three though.

I completey agree!!
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 7:20 am

SSLP may be my favorite. It's between that and MMLP. Eminem Show is 3rd and not really contending with the first 2, although i still really like it.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 12:04 pm

MMLP>>>>>>>SSLP>>>>>>>Eminem Show
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 7:46 pm

I don't even know why this is in the old school section, old school is BDP, Rakim, Juice Crew, none of this new white boy shit
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 12:27 am

SSLP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MMLP >>>>>honestly im almost inclined to put Relapse here i like that album that much but Eminem Show might barely beat out Relapse for me
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 1:47 am

MMLP >= Eminem Show > SSLP >>> Relapse > Infinite >>>>> Recovery >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Encore

Idk... just throwin this out there...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 2:45 am

SSLP >>>>>>> MMLP >>>>>>>> Infinite >>>>>>>>>>>> Eminem Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSEP >>>>>>>>>>>>> Relapse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Recovery >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Encore
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 2:12 pm

I think that MMLP is way better than this one. SSLP has some filler material, MMLP bangs from beginning to end, with harder beats and great concepts. I never heard Eminem rap again like he did in MMLP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slim Shady LP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slim Shady LP   Slim Shady LP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slim Shady LP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Old Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: