Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions... Empty
PostSubject: Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions...   Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:27 am

So, im reading the review of the first RTB show to kick off this weekend in Chicago-and in the review the journalist makes note that Nas, The Roots, Big Boi and GZA/Raekwon's sets were interfered by audio(mic/speakers) malfunctions. I write about this, because i've noticed that every year, article reviews about these shows always seem to point out glitches within the sound systems....and these tickets arent cheap...

...anyhow, my point is that the Rock The Bells fest is supposed to be a monument in Hip-Hop, and they cant even provide a mic. or speakers that'll function properly for these artist's sets..

..I have my tickets to the DC fest-I'll post pix and a mini review afterwards...peace"
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions...   Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 2:08 pm

I was at the Chicago show and I didn't think the sound quality was that bad. But Rock The Bells fucked up with the two stage system this year. I missed most of the sets of GZA, Raekwon, M.O.P., Buckshot, Slaughterhouse, and Slum Village because they were on a broke ass stage outside. How can these artists be on the minor stage while acts like The Knux, K'naan, Chali 2na, and Mickey Factz are on the major stage. What the fuck? It was still a good show because Big Boi, Tech N9ne, Nas, and Busta all put on great performances, but the one person I thought who would never miss the Chicago show, Common, didn't even show up. So the show was still good but Rock The Bells is fuckin up.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions...   Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 3:02 pm

Damn, you missed Slaughterhouse? Sucks
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions...   Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 3:14 pm

Dwight wrote:
I was at the Chicago show and I didn't think the sound quality was that bad. But Rock The Bells fucked up with the two stage system this year. I missed most of the sets of GZA, Raekwon, M.O.P., Buckshot, Slaughterhouse, and Slum Village because they were on a broke ass stage outside. How can these artists be on the minor stage while acts like The Knux, K'naan, Chali 2na, and Mickey Factz are on the major stage. What the fuck? It was still a good show because Big Boi, Tech N9ne, Nas, and Busta all put on great performances, but the one person I thought who would never miss the Chicago show, Common, didn't even show up. So the show was still good but Rock The Bells is fuckin up.

..The reviewer said Big Boi's set was drowned out by a ridiculous amount of bass..lol

..My point exactly-BTW, i read the review on the Chicago Tribune online...Rock The Bells is definitely the king of putting Hip-Hop legends on one stage(or 2)-but they definitely still have to work on the quality of equipment they are using for the shows. Still hyped for my show...

..'07 takes the cake for fuck ups--the year Rage against the machine/WU headlined...waaaay oversold-i missed half the fest standing in a gigantic line in the HOT So Cal desert....
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions...   Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 6:20 pm

Quote :
..The reviewer said Big Boi's set was drowned out by a ridiculous amount of bass..lol
There was definitely a lot of bass during Big Boi's set but it was still dope. He did Atliens, So Fresh and So Clean, Mrs. Jackson, The Way You Move, Ghetto Musick, and Kryptonite from what I remember. I wasn't expecting much without Andre but he put on a good show.

Busta was without a doubt the best performer at the show though. I'd never seen him live before and he just killed it. I found this video on youtube of the last 10 minutes of Busta's set.

Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions...   Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 7:15 pm

Dwight wrote:
Quote :
There was definitely a lot of bass during Big Boi's set but it was still dope. He did Atliens, So Fresh and So Clean, Mrs. Jackson, The Way You Move, Ghetto Musick, and Kryptonite from what I remember. I wasn't expecting much without Andre but he put on a good show.

Busta was without a doubt the best performer at the show though. I'd never seen him live before and he just killed it. I found this video on youtube of the last 10 minutes of Busta's set.

"I wasn't expecting much without Andre but he put on a good show."

Booking Outkast would have really sealed the deal on this shit...i was scratching my head when i first saw Big Boi but no Andre....(?)
Back to top Go down
steez
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
steez

PostSubject: Re: Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions...   Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions... Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:04 am

Dwight wrote:
I missed most of the sets of GZA, Raekwon, M.O.P., Buckshot, Slaughterhouse, and Slum Village because they were on a broke ass stage outside. How can these artists be on the minor stage while acts like The Knux, K'naan, Chali 2na, and Mickey Factz are on the major stage. What the fuck?

Dammnn really? i remember the last two RTBs i went to they put the acts like B.O.B, the cool kids, kid sister etc on the broke ass stage and the legends up on the main stage. Dammn sucks ass tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions...   Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock The Bells once again plagued by malfunctions...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: