Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your top 3 places to see a concert?

Go down 
+3
Justin Linker
Laced With Slang
Deanie O'Banion
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

Your top 3 places to see a concert? Empty
PostSubject: Your top 3 places to see a concert?   Your top 3 places to see a concert? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:37 am

For me this is easy I like the smaller venues.

1. The Catalyst - Santa Cruz, CA
2. Downtown Brew - SLO, CA
3. Santa Barbara Bowl - SB, CA
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Your top 3 places to see a concert?   Your top 3 places to see a concert? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 10:03 am

St. Andrews Hall - Detroit, MI
The Shelter - Detroit, MI
The Fillmore - Detroit, MI
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Your top 3 places to see a concert?   Your top 3 places to see a concert? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 10:22 am

Tremont Music Hall, Charlotte, NC

Great venue although it reaks of urine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Your top 3 places to see a concert?   Your top 3 places to see a concert? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 6:12 pm

The Shelter, nice. Were those scenes in 8 Mile really filmed there Slang? If so that looks like a great place to see a show. That sucks about all those kids getting shot in the D today, hope they all recover.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Your top 3 places to see a concert?   Your top 3 places to see a concert? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 6:59 pm

^ no the scenes werent at the real Shelter but its looks similar to it....the Shelter might actually be even smaller, regardless its a dope venue
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Your top 3 places to see a concert?   Your top 3 places to see a concert? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 10:38 am

Great Topic, too bad i'll probably be the last poster on it..
(I'll play mix and match, ive been to so many venues its hard to choose)

-"Canes Bar and Grill"- Mission Beach, CA-
Greeeat location, about 2-300 ft. from the shore(there's sand in the walkway of the venue/restaurant)-during the day its a grill restaurant with some pretty good eats, and at night a venue to various acts such as GZA(saw him perform Liquid Swords in its entirety), JMT, Reggae acts, Metal/Rock Bands,etc..-

-9:30 Club- Washington, DC-
Only been there twice, nothing too special or great on the eyes, but always plays host to some of the best shows in town-(saw:JMT during the History of Violence Tour and Atmosphere/Brother Ali back this May)

-The Melkweg- Amsterdam, Netherlands-
Saw Immortal Technique and Cypress Hill with Kottonmouth Kings(during the Cannabis Cup)..both shows were on seperate occasions. Ive never seen so many people fuuucked up at one show(the KMK-Cypress show anyways...people were a little more focused during the Tech show...still smokin' though). Great atmosphere, and when people learn that your an American Hip-Hop head they automatically chat it up with you and share their 'habits'..great fuckin' times...
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Your top 3 places to see a concert?   Your top 3 places to see a concert? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 10:43 am

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
For me this is easy I like the smaller venues.

1. The Catalyst - Santa Cruz, CA
2. Downtown Brew - SLO, CA
3. Santa Barbara Bowl - SB, CA

I saw The Grouch and Zion I at The Catalyst a few years back...great spot, beautiful location, I love Santa Cruz...
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Your top 3 places to see a concert?   Your top 3 places to see a concert? Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 2:50 am

I love the Catalyst...just big enough to get top notch acts, Santa Cruz is the most laid back place the vibe is always great. I used to go there every couple months when I lived in the 831. The Grouch, Eligh & Brother Ali will be in town (SLO) on the 19th, it's only like $20 so I may check it out.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Your top 3 places to see a concert?   Your top 3 places to see a concert? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 7:10 pm

Haven't see many out of state, so I'll go with hometown locations...

First Avenue - Minneapolis, MN (mainly for it's history)
Harmony Park - Clarks Grove, MN (greatest festival I ever attended)
Xcel Energy Center - St. Paul, MN (best live acoustics I've ever heard))
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Your top 3 places to see a concert?   Your top 3 places to see a concert? Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 10:25 am

Rams Head Live!- Baltimore, MD....Great location, right near the harbor, and in the central spot near all the nightlife..you can literally just get out of a Tech N9ne show and walk to a club right outside the venue...its a centralized area thats fenced off strictly for the patrons..kinda like a section in an amusement park (i.e: gotham city, frontier land, etc etc)

Sonar- Baltimore, MD...Not in the best area..but plays host to the biggest acts next in line to RHL!

Jaxx- Springfield, VA- I swear youd never think to look in the shopping plaza this venue is located in...right next door to a Halal market and a gas station but welcomes big name acts mostly in the Rock/Heavy Metal world..awesome sound system-but sucks for smokers because once your in the club-theirs no leaving unless you want to shell out full admission again...after a show-ive never seen so many smokers gathered in one spot chain smoking the shit out of their marlboro lights...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Your top 3 places to see a concert?   Your top 3 places to see a concert? Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 2:47 pm

lol @ Marb lights
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Your top 3 places to see a concert?   Your top 3 places to see a concert? Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 10:31 pm

Too bad you were elbows deep in KJ's mom's stank cooch tonight Yog, I'll let you know how the Pepper show was hasta Yadadathingamajigi'mridin'wityoumy...toby.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Your top 3 places to see a concert?   Your top 3 places to see a concert? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 2:13 am

TheBeerHunter wrote:
Too bad you were elbows deep in KJ's mom's stank cooch tonight Yog, I'll let you know how the Pepper show was hasta Yadadathingamajigi'mridin'wityoumy...toby.
Yeah I get you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your top 3 places to see a concert?   Your top 3 places to see a concert? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your top 3 places to see a concert?
Page 1 of 1