Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation Empty
PostSubject: Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation   Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011, 6:04 pm

I just pre-ordered my copy. Drops next Tuesday (3/22). I know a few people around here dug the first one (Heroes In The City Of Dope). I'm not really sure what to expect, but I'm going in blind....

http://www.accesshiphop.com/store/?itemid=20339

Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation Zion-I-and-The-Grouch-Heroes-in-the-Healing

Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation   Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 3:12 am

You know I'm copping this, their first album was really dope.

Make U Fly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What you think of that new Eligh album, Al?

Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation   Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 6:23 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
You know I'm copping this, their first album was really dope.

Make U Fly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What you think of that new Eligh album, Al?

My favorites from the first one are "Digital Dirt" & "Trains and Planes" - still great tunes.

Yeah, have we even talked about the Eligh? Man, I got mixed feelings about it because it's such a mixed bag. In all, I feel Eligh recorded some of his best songs of all time. He's got a lot of great rapping in the first half of the album, and the production is very dope too. However, in the 2nd half of the album, I start to hear more of the crap I've been hearing in hip-hop that I don't like. Too many slow & boring tunes with simple and real instrumentation (it's not that I don't love live instruments. It's that I feel they should be left to musicians who play them better.) Then low and behold - autotune. What the hell Eligh? At the same time, he's wowing me with some of his best work yet, and then making me cringe. The dude is grown up and sober - what can I say. Nobody can say the man isn't versatile.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation   Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 3:07 am

I agree with pretty much everything you said about the Eligh album. Some of Eligh's best work are on there, some really deep inspirational lyrics. I like this version of Eligh a lot. So many standout cuts like Love Ov My Life, Soul On The Road, Wish I Would, Shine, Miss Busdriver (I'm addicted to this song man, probably my favorite Eligh song of all time). The first half of the album is so damn stellar, it's a shame the second half couldn't keep up. Whirlwind is the standout, second half track. I'm a fan of like Pigeon John.

And yeah, didn't expect to hear autotune on an Eligh album...Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation   Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 6:54 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
I agree with pretty much everything you said about the Eligh album. Some of Eligh's best work are on there, some really deep inspirational lyrics. I like this version of Eligh a lot. So many standout cuts like Love Ov My Life, Soul On The Road, Wish I Would, Shine, Miss Busdriver (I'm addicted to this song man, probably my favorite Eligh song of all time). The first half of the album is so damn stellar, it's a shame the second half couldn't keep up. Whirlwind is the standout, second half track. I'm a fan of like Pigeon John.

And yeah, didn't expect to hear autotune on an Eligh album...Shaking My Head

Yeah man, I'm going to have to bump this one more soon. I love that first half, but I gotta really listen to/look over that second half again. I think Whirlwind was one I liked a lot on the 2nd half too. I know there's a few nice ones there. I agree about Pigeon John. Have you heard any of his albums? I would like to invest in another. I own "Pigeon John Sings The Blues", which is a very good album, but not a whole lot of hip-hop on there. I know he has records that lean closer to pure hip-hop. Obviously I'm more interested in those...lol.

PJ usually comes correct on guest spots though. Such as this classic cut.....

Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation   Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 6:41 pm

So I was bumping some of my Eligh albums yesterday, and it's official. Grey Crow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's not that his older albums are bad or anything, it's just I feel he actually made complete, enjoyable songs on the new one. It's also less abstract. Enigma is solid, but he gets too abstract at times. Didn't feel A Story of 2 Worlds at all, way too out there for my taste. On Sacred Ground: Mother & Son is cool, a little too folkish.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation   Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 6:44 pm

And damn, didn't know you replied to this thread. I own And the Summertime Pool Party and Dragon Slayer. Summertime is really chill album, love the vibe of it. Disappointed with Dragon Slayer, needs more rap on there! I been meaning to check out Pigeon John Sings The Blues for a while now.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation   Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 8:50 pm

My favorite is either "Gas Dream" or "Enigma"....depending on how I'm feeling. I actually like more of his abstract stuff too. I like those early ones too, but not quite as much. I actually really like "Sidewaydaze" as well. Most old school Eligh fans will tell you that is his best album.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation   Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 6:23 am

I liked Atomic Clock very much, so I was curious to listen to this one. In found nothin' but fresh music, frsh sounds and intelligent lyrics. Very well done album, dope joint to me. My fav tracks are "Leader", "Victorious People" (which I judge as the best one on the disc), "Rockit", and "I Used To Be A Vegan" (damn funny!) and "It's Goin Down", very well played. Amp Live is a terrific producer, he mixes samples and live instrumentation greatly. I only didn't like the last two cuts, too long, but I think that sooner or later I wll cop this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation   Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: