Neither
72%
 72% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Wed 01 Jul 2009, 8:21 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Eminem is lyrical but he's silly as shit and he's overrated IMO

and it's alot closer than heads on here want to even image...

Eminem doesn't even make my top 30....when you grow up on Kool G Rap and Rakim I guess Eminem doesn't seem to impressive to guys like that..lol

very good but overrated IMO

I don't see how Phonte can fuck with Em on ANY level! He drops doper punchlines, and would DESTROY him in 16 bars.

Em can drop silly stuff at times, but he does that purposely to sell records. When he brings the heat, not many people can fuck with him.

I love G Rap, but I rank Em over him (which I should have done on my list) because G Rap has been VERY inconsistent. His post-Polo material has ranged from average to below average, whereas Em has been excellent save for Encore. I think that album was his Nastradamus, and Relapse is his Stillmatic.

And Rakim himself has called Em one of the dopest MC's. I've got a YouTube video of that if you wanna see it.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Wed 01 Jul 2009, 9:48 pm

Umm Kool John did you just say you rank Eminem over Kool G Rap????

Okay brother we are done discussing this topic man, because now you've started sniffing gluesticks and we both know that's not good for you man...lol

If Relapse is Em's "Stillmatic" then "Stillmatic" was a pretty average record man and I have "Stillmatic" at classic status but not Relapse...lol..Relapse is about 3 stars IMO...Em is too fuckin old too be so fuckin silly man

And your comparing albums instead of actual skills my dude...Method Man IMO has a pretty weak solo catalog and I still believe that dude will get in your ass....I still have heard enough Meth to know he's a top 20 emcee man...just like I've heard enough G Rap to know that he would chew Eminem up like a damn M&M...lol

And Phonte lyrically would get Em too...and this is my opinion on it dawg....Em to me is the Great White Hope and that's why so much stock has been put into him as an emcee but he's criminally overrated while Phonte is criminally underrated IMO

Since we're talking about white emcees I think MC Serch would DESTROY Eminem easily...another very underrated emcee...while you other heads are praising Eminem's skills I'll keep listening to the real spitters...Eminem for me is a top 40 talent no doubt about it but top 20?? HELL TO THE NO!
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Wed 01 Jul 2009, 9:53 pm

What are Phonte's best verses to you, Powell?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Wed 01 Jul 2009, 9:55 pm

I definitely rank G Rap over Eminem, but Phonte over Em? Hell no

honestly Powell i dont see what you see about Phonte being so great, IMO 9th Wonder outshines him on all LB albums, and since a lot of people compare LB to ATCQ Phonte is supposedly the "Q-Tip of LB", but hesnot better than Q-Tip you really think he is?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Wed 01 Jul 2009, 10:13 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Umm Kool John did you just say you rank Eminem over Kool G Rap????

Okay brother we are done discussing this topic man, because now you've started sniffing gluesticks and we both know that's not good for you man...lol

If Relapse is Em's "Stillmatic" then "Stillmatic" was a pretty average record man and I have "Stillmatic" at classic status but not Relapse...lol..Relapse is about 3 stars IMO...Em is too fuckin old too be so fuckin silly man

And your comparing albums instead of actual skills my dude...Method Man IMO has a pretty weak solo catalog and I still believe that dude will get in your ass....I still have heard enough Meth to know he's a top 20 emcee man...just like I've heard enough G Rap to know that he would chew Eminem up like a damn M&M...lol

And Phonte lyrically would get Em too...and this is my opinion on it dawg....Em to me is the Great White Hope and that's why so much stock has been put into him as an emcee but he's criminally overrated while Phonte is criminally underrated IMO

Since we're talking about white emcees I think MC Serch would DESTROY Eminem easily...another very underrated emcee...while you other heads are praising Eminem's skills I'll keep listening to the real spitters...Eminem for me is a top 40 talent no doubt about it but top 20?? HELL TO THE NO!

I'm sniffing gluesticks? Nah dude. You're just underrating Eminem.

YES I do rate Em over G Rap. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the most important thing to me when it comes to MC's is CONSISTENCY! G Rap has been inconsistent IMO therefore I feel that Em is better. Lyrically, they aren't that far off either.

Relapse a 3 star album??? I think YOU'RE the one sniffing gluesticks Powell, LMAO!!

I know you didn't ask for it, but I'm gonna show it to you anyway. Here's the YouTube video of the legendary Rakim (your GOAT) giving Em his props.

Phonte ain't fuckin with Em AT ALL!!! Have you seen Em battle??? He's an ANIMAL! As I told you before, Em does the "silly tracks" to sell records! In that respect I don't blame him. Fuck going wood. If a bunch of people are feelin "My Name Is", "The Real Slim Shady" and "We Made You" then money talks and bullshit walks! Em and G Rap are pretty similar IMO, if G Rap is better it's not by much. But the gap between Em and Phonte is wider than Vanessa Del Rio, LMAO!!! Rakim even said that if Em was black he'd be Ali.

Powell, I have always respected you, and I've had your back more than ANYONE on this forum, but on this topic I disagree with you 100%. It doesn't make me respect you any less, just saying that I wholeheartedly disagree with you.
If Em isn't in your Top 20, that's fine but I'd say he's in more people's Top 20 lists than Phonte is, and that has NOTHING to do with his skin color. Phonte is maybe in the 60's at best on my list.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Wed 01 Jul 2009, 10:44 pm

LOL! this topic is still going? Powell, you're entitled to your opinion, and that can never be wrong. However, i do have a question for you. You continue to say Em is overrated and too silly, but has Phonte ever written anything on par with Stan? Beautiful? Cleanin Out My Closet? The Way I Am? Toy Soldiers? Lose Yourself? Mockingbird? Em is much more than a silly white rapper. IMO, Em has superior lyrics, flow, delivery. The ONLY thing i can see Phonte having over Em is more consistent subject matter, but that is still debatable

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Wed 01 Jul 2009, 11:14 pm

again guys this all your opinions on Eminem and you guys are entitled to it but to me Eminem has always been overrated...I'm actually not that impressed by Stan....lol

now Rewind by Nas was straight ridiculous as an example, now that's writing SKILLS!

and yes Kool John I've heard Eminem battle and I've also seen Eminem use rhymes written by Craig G and use those in those made up battles in 8 Mile...KRS even recently made mention about Eminem writing something by basically saying "I hope he wrote it" that shit right there speaks volumes...it's under the LEARNING MATERIALS section fellas...listen to it for yourself...lol

As far as Rakim giving him love well that's called being politcally correct my dude...

I have many favorite Phonte verses Jason...you need me to name those to prove to you who loves Gift Of Gab that he's nice??? cause I feel he would take him out too...lol

I just happen to love Phonte, no I don't think he's the nicest ever, you guys have seen my list he is ranked number 20 but I do think he's bananas on the mic and THIS IS MY OPINION!!

go listen to Kris talk about Eminem under Learning Materials....very interesting stuff fellas

Last edited by D.Powell on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Wed 01 Jul 2009, 11:18 pm

Oh and Relapse is a 3 star album man, that shit is not even in the top 5 for 2009 IMO

Eminem is still one silly motherfucker selling bullshit on that one...lol

still trying to be the Richard Pryor of emceeing..lol

I think he's still popping those pills man

top 40? no doubt...top 20?? as my son would say...uhh-uhhhh...lol
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Wed 01 Jul 2009, 11:22 pm

Hey Powell, did you put "the back of a barn" as your location? Just wondering because N3R0 went on some shit yesterday fucking with people's profiles and I'm trying to make sure everything is good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Wed 01 Jul 2009, 11:24 pm

LOL yeah I did man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Wed 01 Jul 2009, 11:28 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Oh and Relapse is a 3 star album man, that shit is not even in the top 5 for 2009 IMO

Eminem is still one silly motherfucker selling bullshit on that one...lol

still trying to be the Richard Pryor of emceeing..lol

I think he's still popping those pills man

top 40? no doubt...top 20?? as my son would say...uhh-uhhhh...lol

Well Richard Pryor was the best comedian ever IMO, so that's pretty elite company!!

As for the other shit you said, I don't agree with it at all, but it's whatever.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Wed 01 Jul 2009, 11:50 pm

your right KJ but I said he was TRYING to be I didn't say he was man...lol but it's all good dawg!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 6:09 am

Phonte sucks.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 7:44 am

and so does your man friend 2Pac...LMAO! j/k
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 8:41 am

Phonte >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eminem
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 8:45 am

Alan wrote:

LOL! We wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 8:53 am

T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:

LOL - I know...just wanted to slip that in there (no homo).
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 8:56 am

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:

What does your top 20 look like? I'm not sure i've ever seen you list it before.

Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 8:59 am

T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:

What does your top 20 look like? I'm not sure i've ever seen you list it before.

I got a little work to do this morning, but I'll put one together. It's always changing (a little anyway), so it may look different.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:02 am

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:

I got a little work to do this morning, but I'll put one together. It's always changing (a little anyway), so it may look different.

Alright, that sounds good to me.

Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:25 am

Alright, so here it is. Always a tough list to make, but here are my top 20 rappers. This is not a objective list. It's a personal list...strictly opinion.

KRS-One
Ice-T
CL Smooth
Q-Tip
Chuck D
Big Boi
Big Jess
Brother Ali
Boots Riley
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
Masta Ace
Heavy D
Big Daddy Kane
Speech
Bicasso
Talib Kweli
Eligh
Rakim
Black Thought
Bun-B
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:37 am

Ya see? People listen for different reasons. Alan's list really has nothing to do with raw lyrical skill, he's seeking out a certain presence and vibe on the mic. Of course, this type is sometimes represented with verbal mastery (Black Thought, Talib, etc) but it's not necessary for some folk.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:37 am

Hey Pounds in your opinion who would win in a battle? MC Serch or Eminem??

I'm going with Serch by 50 football fields who you got man?
Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:41 am

D.Powell wrote:

MC Serch easily. Not an Eminem fan, though. But objectively, I don't feel Em is a great battle rapper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:41 am

Alan your top 20 has changed a lot! Bun? Big Boi? Ice T at number 2? I knew you loved im but dang. Nice different diverse list Alan...Did you see mine?
Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:42 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Ya see? People listen for different reasons. Alan's list really has nothing to do with raw lyrical skill, he's seeking out a certain presence and vibe on the mic. Of course, this type is sometimes represented with verbal mastery (Black Thought, Talib, etc) but it's not necessary for some folk.

Yeah, it's hard to articulate exactly what I'm looking for, but I think my list sums it up pretty well. Those are just the artists I bump most, really.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:44 am

You guys are nuts. lol

Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:49 am

KRob86 wrote:
Alan your top 20 has changed a lot! Bun? Big Boi? Ice T at number 2? I knew you loved im but dang. Nice different diverse list Alan...Did you see mine?

Yeah, I suppose it has changed a lot. UGK is a top 10 group to me nowadays. I bump their records all the time. So Bun-B definitely deserves a spot. And really, I've always liked Big Boi more than Andre. As a collective, they would be top 5 to me, but I've always enjoyed Big Boi a touch more over Andre. Ice-T may be a little high up there, but I've been spinning so much Ice-T this year so far, I feel he deserves it. And he's one of those artists I constantly revisit and am always find more I love about his work.

I did see your list. Quik was close to making mine. Cee-Lo really should have made mine too. For some reason I didn't think you liked LL Cool J that much. Nice diverse list though.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:50 am

He was joking on that one

I've got dawg on some freestyles from a few mixxtapes in the 90's and he's straight ridiculous my dude..he would MURDER Eminem
Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:50 am

Kid Joe wrote:
You guys are nuts. lol

I can't watch it at work. But MC Serch is a product of the golden age. You can't expect 2008 MC Serch to be as good as 1989 MC Serch.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:51 am

Nice list Pounds! It shows your tastes well. Although i was surprised by Bun B and Talib Kweli's inclusion.

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:54 am

D.Powell wrote:

I think Serch may get him in a battle. Like we were talking about last night, Serch is probably the better spitter. IMO, he's not a better writer, and he doesn't craft albums and songs as well. Make no mistake about it! Serch definitely ain't no joke.

Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:59 am

T. Myers wrote:
Nice list Pounds! It shows your tastes well. Although i was surprised by Bun B and Talib Kweli's inclusion.

Thanks. I did voted both (with UGK) top 50.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 10:01 am

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Thanks. I did voted both (with UGK) top 50.

I guess i just didn't realize you voted Kweli that high.

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 10:06 am

Hook up some clips, Powell. I can't find anything with his name on it that would stand up to Em. Of course, if you just have no respect for Em then this whole thing is pointless.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 10:07 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Hook up some clips, Powell. I can't find anything with his name on it that would stand up to Em. Of course, if you just have no respect for Em then this whole thing is pointless.

No clips my dude only mixtapes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 10:08 am

I like Serch and he is very underrated lyrically and skill wise but Em in his prime vs Serch in his is not a easy victory like some are suggestion. I think em would get serch not necessarily lyric wise but delivery and flow wise he would grab the attention of the people more. I agree that Em is highly overrrated a lot but on the flipside he deserves a lot of the props he gets, he earned it.
Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 10:12 am

KRob86 wrote:
I like Serch and he is very underrated lyrically and skill wise but Em in his prime vs Serch in his is not a easy victory like some are suggestion. I think em would get serch not necessarily lyric wise but delivery and flow wise he would grab the attention of the people more. I agree that Em is highly overrrated a lot but on the flipside he deserves a lot of the props he gets, he earned it.

Yeah, it may be closer than I think, but I still think Serch is a beast and would rip him in a battle. He would get him with that more commanding flow IMO. Dude is much more of a battle emcee than Eminem ever was. In their prime, I think Serch would definitely take it, because Em's battle prime seriously lacks IMO.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 10:17 am

Craig G has written battle rhymes for Eminem so let's not over-do Eminem's battle skills and PLEASE would everyone just look under the Learning Materials thread and see what Kris said about Eminem....he gives subtle hints about homeboy, not overt, but very subtle hints about Em....that dude is terribly overrated man...check out the video!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 10:19 am

Well, I agree with Alan about Em's battle history. Not even close to his studio showings. If you guys are all unanimous that Serch could battle in his day, I can't really question that.

As far as on album, though, I don't see Serch holding up against him.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 10:21 am

I seen that vid Powell. Until you mentioned it, I didn't think that was what KRS was saying. I thought he was insinuating that it was a stupid question. I'm still not so sure you're taking that right. He gives Em some compliments in there.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 10:23 am

Yeah, I agree with Parker. I don't think KRS was taking shots at Em. I also don't think Craig G wrote Em's battle scenes in 8 Mile. He wrote for the other actors like Anthony Mackie.

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 10:26 am

Kid Joe wrote:
I seen that vid Powell. Until you mentioned it, I didn't think that was what KRS was saying. I thought he was insinuating that it was a stupid question. I'm still not so sure you're taking that right. He gives Em some compliments in there.

He did give him some politically correct comments but you've got to be able to read between the lines man...the mere thought of suggesting that someone else wrote any of another emcees lines is very disrespectful in itself...you've gotta agree with that right??
Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 11:00 am

Kid Joe wrote:

Are you not a big fan of Serch? I'm not a fan of Em, so I can see why you'd say that. But 3rd Bass' "Cactus Album" and Serch's solo debut "Return Of The Product" are both 5 stars classics IMO. So I guess I'm not seeing that either. Both are nicer than any Eminem I've heard....to me obviously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 12:33 pm

Alan wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

Are you not a big fan of Serch? I'm not a fan of Em, so I can see why you'd say that. But 3rd Bass' "Cactus Album" and Serch's solo debut "Return Of The Product" are both 5 stars classics IMO. So I guess I'm not seeing that either. Both are nicer than any Eminem I've heard....to me obviously.

Damn, you hate Eminem more than Steve hates Biggie. But it's whatever.

I like Serch and Phonte, but NEITHER of them is as lyrically gifted as Eminem, not even close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 12:36 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

He did give him some politically correct comments but you've got to be able to read between the lines man...the mere thought of suggesting that someone else wrote any of another emcees lines is very disrespectful in itself...you've gotta agree with that right??

Why is giving someone props "politically correct"? It just sounds like you're saying that KRS and Rakim only gave him props because he's white, and that couldn't be further from the truth.
Back to top Go down
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 12:44 pm

I can easily see someone liking Phonte's lyrics more because they relate much better to Phonte's lyrical content, but in terms of technical ability, when Em's not fucking around, I don't think Phonte's in the same league.

I was asking about Phonte's best verses so we can make a comparison. I could just pick some out, but then someone might say I didn't pick his best.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 1:27 pm

He didn't suggest that Eminem doesn't write his own. He was answering a question. His tone seemed more of a "that's a stupid question" answer, to me.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 1:53 pm

His tone seemed to me to be more of a "I think he wrote it" kinda thing and then he even threw out 50's name as a possibly to writing it

Joking or not the shit was disrespectful

Any emcee would say you never question their pen and pad unless there is reason too...joking or not...

It's like a code of respect amongst emcees...if someone said I hope KRS wrote that, I think Just-Ice wrote it, I can tell you right now Kris would want clarification on that shit or you would probably see another "The Bridge Is Over"..lol

hip-hop is very competitive...to damn competitive to be questioning whether or not someone is writing what and what

I heard long ago that Craig G wrote those battle lyrics for Eminem on 8 Mile...and I'm sure some of you other guys heard that rumor too...now I'm not saying it's true but Eminem's actual writing of lyrics has come into question....I've never heard that bullshit for Rakim, or Big Daddy Kane or Kool G Rap, or Chuck D to name a few

Cam'ron said some bullshit about Jay-Z but that was because Jay was quoting actual Biggie lyrics and a few others paying homage to those he respects...

Like I said IN MY OPINION Eminem is a pretty good emcee, he does tell good stories and he has good punchlines

but IMO he is not a top 20 emcee of all-time nor is he the best to ever do it, nor is he one of the best battle emcees, and he does need to calm down on the silliness just a little bit...

I also think his new album is average...it's not a top 5 album of 2009 IMO..what are??

In no particular order:
Tanya Morgan-Brooklynati
Jadakiss-Kiss Of Death
Joe Buddens-Padded Room
Mobb Deep-The Safe Is Cracked
Grand Puba-Retroactive (just added this one it's bangin IMO)

UGK-UGK For Life is right there as well
Red and Meth-Blackout 2 is below the UGK, but a decent project as well

all of the above efforts are better than Relapse IMO!
Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 2:56 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

Damn, you hate Eminem more than Steve hates Biggie. But it's whatever.

I like Serch and Phonte, but NEITHER of them is as lyrically gifted as Eminem, not even close.

I don't see why liking the debuts from both 3rd Bass & MC Serch over anything Eminem has recorded makes me anything but a rational thinker...lol/jk...but seriously, those two records are objectively better IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)   

Back to top Go down

100 Greatest Nominee Day 72 (A)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3