Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II Empty
PostSubject: Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II   Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 12:19 pm

Anyone else peep this? I tried checking it out but it just wasn't my thing. Too much clanky electronic music there, too much over the top positivity, and just nothing of what made me a big Zion I fan in the beginning. I feel like this group has a fallen off a ton since their debut.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II   Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 3:41 pm

I will peep this soon. I like the first HITCOD but it's kinda one of those albums that you have to be in the mood for. 10 fingers, 10 toes makes me wanna cry like a bitch every time...makes me think about my kids.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II   Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 7:53 pm

Did you see the thread I made about it here in the new school hip-hop? I was planning on adding more of my 2-cents....

Yes, SRP is right. A lot of electronica sounds here. Which for me, means the biggest bangers were my favorite. Meaning the first 3 songs on the album are easily my favorite. "Leader", "Victorious People" (feat. Freeway) is definitely a banger, and "Drop It On The 1" was also possibly my favorite track here. Shit is banging, and the end drops in some crazy dub-step sounding shit.

My rating is about 3.5 stars, but it is actually a dope album for those more into this type of sound. I'm satisfied with the buy....
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II   Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 7:55 pm

Wanduras wrote:
I will peep this soon. I like the first HITCOD but it's kinda one of those albums that you have to be in the mood for. 10 fingers, 10 toes makes me wanna cry like a bitch every time...makes me think about my kids.

IMO, the first record is a bit more on the pure hip-hop side. This one is definitely more polished and favors electronica/experimental beats. Rhymes are pretty solid throughout, but I have more standouts on the first album for sure.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II   Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 6:24 am

I've heard the snippets on Amazon, this is effectively more eletronic-oriented. Not bad, but can't judge on this lone listen. Some songs reminded me of Atomic Clock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II   Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 7:52 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Anyone else peep this? I tried checking it out but it just wasn't my thing. Too much clanky electronic music there, too much over the top positivity, and just nothing of what made me a big Zion I fan in the beginning. I feel like this group has a fallen off a ton since their debut.

This was what I was afraid of. After "The Takeover", and Amp Lives mistake of a debut album, I was ready to leave them alone. As soon as I saw Zion I and Grouch together again, I was intrigued. I'll have to dl this one first before I buy it.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II   Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 9:31 pm

Damn. If there's a joint to remember on this album, it's "Drop It On The 1" IMO. It's got dubstep written all over it, but it's just bangin' as fuck. Great song...going on my best of 2011 mix. Overall though, not a huge fan of the album. Still around 3.5 stars for me.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II   Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 9:39 pm

Actually I spoke too soon. "Victorious People" featuring Freeway is really dope too. There are some bangers on this album...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II   Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zion I & Grouch - Heroes II
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: