View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Sun 10 Apr 2011, 6:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thoughts?

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Sun 10 Apr 2011, 6:33 pm

I think you should get on chat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Sun 10 Apr 2011, 10:56 pm

He must be desperate. And Jeezy needs someone fresh to bring him back. So smart move on his part I guess. Not a fan of either artist so whatever.

JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Sun 10 Apr 2011, 11:29 pm

Knowing your preference, I don't see how you aren't a fan of Gibbs.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Mon 11 Apr 2011, 12:13 am

TicNitty706 wrote:
He must be desperate. And Jeezy needs someone fresh to bring him back. So smart move on his part I guess. Not a fan of either artist so whatever.

Yeah, how the fuck are you not a fan of Gibbs? You love that gangsta shit...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Mon 11 Apr 2011, 12:20 am

im also surprised your not a fan of Gibbs
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Mon 11 Apr 2011, 12:57 am

Sucks that Marshall passed on Gibbs back when he was drugged out, but then again Eminem makes wack music when influenced by "gangsta" fellas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Mon 11 Apr 2011, 10:08 am

I use to really "love" that gangsta shit. Now I demand a little more from new artist. I still bump my older gangsta/hardcore shit that will be forever. But i'm not as into that as I use to be, so these newer artist betta have more to say than murder murder shit.

I honestly haven't gave Gibbs a good listen. I have only heard a trk here and there on my ipod. I know he has skills but something about his style is average or maybe generic to me. I can tell he is a student of the game though and has respect for the culture. So much respect to him in that aspect. Who knows maybe his hype will all of sudeen hit me one day.

Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Mon 11 Apr 2011, 7:01 pm

As midwest goes I can dig the stuff that comes outta Gary, I don't Have any Freddie Gibbs, but I saw some of his performance at the Troubadour...sounded good to me. I've heard a few songs outta Danville, Illinois, I like what they're doing as well.
Back to top Go down
amy
So Fabolous
So Fabolous

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Mon 11 Apr 2011, 8:53 pm

Gangsta Gibbs!..just started listening recently..Miseducation of Freddie Gibbs is dope, so I look forward to seeing what comes of this.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 12:11 am

I question you sometimes, Kev. For a guy who doesn't like to call albums classic so soon, you tend to come to a conclusion on albums/artists way too quickly.

Last edited by Jackie Tran on Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 8:32 am

Jackie Tran wrote:
I question you sometimes, Kev. For a guy who doesn't like to call albums classic so soon, you tend to come to a conclusion on albums/artists way too quickly.

Well Tran just charge that to experience and knowing what makes me tick. I have heard a ton of rappers and their styles and their messages and etc etc etc. Some standout some just fit into the typical mold. Gibbs did not grab me like that but like I said thats with limited exposure. There's still time left so who knows what may happen later.

JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:43 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not charging that to your experience. You change your tunes way too damn much once you give the artists/albums an honest spin (Hopsin, Tyler the Creator, ect.) so maybe you should do the same with Freddie before judging.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:03 pm

Jackie Tran wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not charging that to your experience. You change your tunes way too damn much once you give the artists/albums an honest spin (Hopsin, Tyler the Creator, ect.) so maybe you should do the same with Freddie before judging.

Well i'm sorry that you are sorry you are not feeling my response. I did not rate Freddie albums or his skills. I just said what I heard from him did not grab me enough to want to dig deeper. Now whats so hard to understand about that I don't get. I did not close the case on him either I stated and if you truly comprehended what i'm saying that who knows how I may feel about him later. Nothing was hidden or coded, just str8 up how I felt about it. If I ever get in a mood to try his shit I will but until then he falls in the average ass overall rapper bin. I know you really like him so try not to take it to personal.

SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:08 pm

Tran is right... you always talk about people like you actually heard their shit and then when you actually do you change your mind all the time...lol...it is what is is kev...
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:08 pm

Nah, not trying to take it personal. I just feel you are a hypocrite sometimes (no offense).
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:13 pm

All I'm saying is give the dude an honest spin. Give Str8 Killa one good spin, than go from there. The way you talk sometimes reminds me of KJ. Judging base on a snippets and couple youtube songs just won't cut it.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:14 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Tran is right... you always talk about people like you actually heard their shit and then when you actually do you change your mind all the time...lol...it is what is is kev...

Naw thats how you percieve it. I always make it clear that my comments at said time are based off whatever criteria I have at that said time. And after I give something a good listen I may change my opinion it. Whats wrong with that? You never change your mind on artist after truly listening to them?

Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:17 pm

Jackie Tran wrote:
Nah, not trying to take it personal. I just feel you are a hypocrite sometimes (no offense).

A hypocrite imo is if I come on here bashing a artist saying i'll never like them, they are whack, blah blah blah. Then I comeback later and say oh man they are the best, its classic, where have they been all my life. To me that is hypocritical. I never say shit like that and change it later. I'm just str8 up honest and if that rubs some of you the wrong way...........fuck it.

JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:22 pm

Jackie Tran wrote:

That is why I call you a hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:27 pm

It's not perception, it's truth. You are entitled to change your opinion. It's all on you. I think what probably rubs some people the wrong way is when you say some thing like "I am not a fan of either artist" so then people may think "damn, kev knows his gangsta shit and he doesn't like Gibbs? I might not peep him" - then it turns out you've only heard 1-2 two songs from Gibbs so you really don't have much at all to base your opinion on.

Same with Big Krit, the first time we rec'd him you peeped one song and called him unoriginal, lame, AVERAGE... when you finally heard him you have nothing but good things to say.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:27 pm

I mean I still remember the Hopsin thread where you said something about people are over hyping him and shit, but than when you finally gave the dude a spin, you were praising him.

So all I'm saying is maybe save your judgement until after you give artists/albums the proper spin? That's just my suggestion, not trying to tell you how to use your ears.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:28 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
It's not perception, it's truth. You are entitled to change your opinion. It's all on you. I think what probably rubs some people the wrong way is when you say some thing like "I am not a fan of either artist" so then people may think "damn, kev knows his gangsta shit and he doesn't like Gibbs? I might not peep him" - then it turns out you've only heard 1-2 two songs from Gibbs so you really don't have much at all to base your opinion on.

Same with Big Krit, the first time we rec'd him you peeped one song and called him unoriginal, lame, AVERAGE... when you finally heard him you have nothing but good things to say.

SRP hit it on the nail. That's where I was going.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 5:11 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I did not call Krit lame. Stop that shit...lol. I did say he sounded unoriginal and I still feel that way. I also said he sounded to much like Pimp C and that hasn't changed either. Only thing changed was I like his music more than I did originally.

Once again you are not getting it but thats cool. When I make my intentions very clear and lay out the blueprint to why and how I came to said opinion I do not see the problem. I come in and tell you I may have little experience with the artist. Now if you chose to ignore that well thats on the reader. I have also stated many times over I am not just some "gangsta" rap expert. I listen to more than that. ANd now that i'm older and living a different lifestyle that does not appeal to me as much as it has before. I mean do you guys really listen? Or do you live just to point small fingers at a big giant?

Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 5:15 pm

Jackie Tran wrote:
Jackie Tran wrote:

That is why I call you a hypocrite.

But it is never a [b CONCLUSION[/b]. Its more of a as of now observation. Now do I judge certain artist before I hear them? Of course I do, we all do. Now thats about all i'm gulity of.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE   

Back to top Go down

Young Jeezy signs Freddie Gibbs to CTE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1