Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album

Go down 
+5
Tic706
ctrx
SyRuP Sippa
Half
Justin Linker
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Empty
PostSubject: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 6:43 pm

"Take You To The Movies" featuring Lil Wayne and Australian rapper Bangs.
Produced by Swizz Beatz

Last edited by Justin Linker on Tue 26 Apr 2011, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 6:44 pm

Wow man this is an interesting collabo...everyone kills it on here I think Bangs might have the best verse though, surprisingly.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 6:47 pm

Indeed. His verse was very good. I'm looking forward to this posthumous album. Sounding like it's gonna be better than Duets. Also, I'm looking forward to hearing more from Bangs
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 7:54 pm

biggie was way off beat on this song yo! Like seriously, he should have gone and done another take. It is a tough beat to rock though. Lil' Wayne was dope and almost stole the show from Bangs, but I still like the original bettter.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 8:36 pm

what happened to "Duets" being the final chapter? If they're gonna start raping his discography like Pac's i'm gonna be upset.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 10:12 pm

ctrx wrote:
what happened to "Duets" being the final chapter? If they're gonna start raping his discography like Pac's i'm gonna be upset.

Cosign!
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 10:34 pm

+1, ctrx
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 11:50 pm

ctrx wrote:

I know right!!! They laced Biggie with the wrong beat to his flow. His verse was dope but the producers dropped the ball.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 11:54 pm

Blame Swizz Beatz
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 11:56 pm

Justin Linker wrote:
Blame Swizz Beatz

When in doubt, i always blame Swizz Beatz
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 12:24 am

I don't give a fuck about catalog raping. I want to hear any and all unheard music from the dead greats. If they got unheard masters in their caskets with them, exhume those motherfuckers and drop a compilation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 10:01 am

thelundquist wrote:
I don't give a fuck about catalog raping. I want to hear any and all unheard music from the dead greats. If they got unheard masters in their caskets with them, exhume those motherfuckers and drop a compilation.

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 10:05 am

I also want to hear any and all material an artist recorded, but if it's not the way the artist intended, it's a real insult and disservice to that artist. I want the original beats withe all original verses. I don't like how Suge and others would take a Pac track with 2 or 3 verses and use one verse with a different beat and added guests. It's not Pac's vision and it's not what he would have wanted.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 10:10 am

But I think thats the problem a lot of the owners of these masters are facing. I think they have incomplete verses, half songs, or a verse here and there instead of a full song. So they improvise with new school and "hot" guest to make a quick buck. Shit pisses me off when its not done with taste.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 10:14 am

TicNitty706 wrote:
But I think thats the problem a lot of the owners of these masters are facing. I think they have incomplete verses, half songs, or a verse here and there instead of a full song. So they improvise with new school and "hot" guest to make a quick buck. Shit pisses me off when its not done with taste.

I could see that with Biggie, pun, or Big L, but Pac was prolific. That dude lived in the studio. He was like the Prince of hip hop. I can't imagine these not being full, complete songs. I hate it cause they are not honoring his legacy with it, nor are they taking care of the fans. It's strictly a cash grab with no heart and soul behind it. I would expect that from Suge, but doesn't Afeni have a say in his posthomous releases too?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 11:37 am

See Link? People trust you on here.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 12:48 pm

[quote="T. Myers"]
TicNitty706 wrote:

I could see that with Biggie, pun, or Big L, but Pac was prolific. That dude lived in the studio. He was like the Prince of hip hop. I can't imagine these not being full, complete songs. I hate it cause they are not honoring his legacy with it, nor are they taking care of the fans. It's strictly a cash grab with no heart and soul behind it. I would expect that from Suge, but doesn't Afeni have a say in his posthomous releases too?[/quote]

I don't think she has much say if any. Suge use to include her by choice I think but now most of Pac posthomous deathrow music is owned by that company out of Canada if I remember right.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 1:14 pm

That company though hasn't released anything... afeni has a big say in the release of Pac's posthumous music, moreso than suge or death row... all this shit she has had a major hand in
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011, 7:31 pm

I was obviously exaggerating for effect, but I really don't care as long as I hear music I haven't heard before and the quality is good. Of course I don't want to hear shit music.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album   New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Biggie song from upcoming posthumous album
Page 1 of 1