Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AP.9-Relentless

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

AP.9-Relentless Empty
PostSubject: AP.9-Relentless   AP.9-Relentless Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 11:55 am

AP.9-Relentless 51Z3gZSgwXL._SL500_AA300_

So those who like AP.9 are already on top of this, but i think AP.9 would appeal to a lot of people on here if given the chance. He's not Rakim, but he's not a basic bay area mc either. His songs tend to go hard and/or they are very introspective. This is the type of stuff that appeals to me cause it is honest, but i can't really tell if someone like Kev would be too mature(no disrespect intended) for this type of music. It's gangsta, but not in a typical sort of way. He's not really glorifying the lifestyle. A lot of his tracks have a remoseful tone to them.

I just finished disc one and so far so good. I'll be back with my review later.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

AP.9-Relentless Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP.9-Relentless   AP.9-Relentless Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 12:30 pm

I have sampled some of his stuff before and I have a Mobfigaz mix that I have not bumped in a long time. Maybe i'll download a full length one day. I know he's not very typical Bay mob music lyrically.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

AP.9-Relentless Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP.9-Relentless   AP.9-Relentless Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011, 1:15 pm

AP.9 is the shit... fuck these bitch ass haters... and mine still hasn't shipped...bulllllnuttttss
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

AP.9-Relentless Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP.9-Relentless   AP.9-Relentless Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 4:37 pm

3.5 stars. Explanation upon request.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

AP.9-Relentless Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP.9-Relentless   AP.9-Relentless Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 4:39 pm

Please explain
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

AP.9-Relentless Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP.9-Relentless   AP.9-Relentless Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 4:55 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Please explain

Sure. The cover of this album, featuring a snapshot of a vibrant city at night and AP.9 looming in the background wearing pretty standard party gear, is a perfect representation of what you'll hear on the album. The tracks are split up between "hood tales" and pop-oriented club tracks, and then sometimes tracks bring both sides together, making it sound like AP.9 takes shots at foes in between taking shots of liquor. The first half of the first disc had me pretty excited. There were some hard yet introspective tracks, but also some tracks that sound like they were meant to be for the radio like Rich Boys Club still had a strong tension in the background, as if the "party" could end in violence at any moment. I like AP.9 as an MC, he isn't the most lyrical rapper I've heard, but he brings a lot of passion to his delivery and as you mentioned what he says seems to be honest and genuine. My main problem with this album is the end of the first disc and the beginning of the second disc, which all features very same-y sounding, over the top mainstream style tracks. I don't know how big of a following AP.9 has in the bay area, but from my perspective he's an underground rapper, which makes this part of the album somewhat confusing to me. It sounds like he's making watered down tracks to cater to an audience he doesn't really have. This part of the album really got boring for me. The end of the second disc brought the album back to the quality at the beginning, and I particularly enjoyed the final track "Questions", which had a nice beat and some introspective lyrics. Overall, I enjoyed this, but this did not need to be a double album at all. 3.5 stars.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

AP.9-Relentless Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP.9-Relentless   AP.9-Relentless Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 5:13 pm

Yo T where's your review or a poll? AP.9 hater.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

AP.9-Relentless Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP.9-Relentless   AP.9-Relentless Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 6:37 pm

SRP what did you think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AP.9-Relentless Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP.9-Relentless   AP.9-Relentless Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AP.9-Relentless
Page 1 of 1