Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

House Season Finale

Go down 
+2
Justin Linker
KJ Styles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

House Season Finale Empty
PostSubject: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 6:14 pm

I know I'm not the only one who loves this show. For those that watch, what did you think of last Monday's episode? And do you think the finale will be a cliffhanger?

My thoughts are that the episode was absolutely INSANE!! I can't believe that House went as far as to operate on himself because he didn't trust the surgeons. Good thing Cuddy picked up the phone, otherwise he wouldn't have made it to the hospital.

I'm definitely looking forward to the finale, I really do get the feeling that it's gonna end on a cliffhanger. It also makes me fear that next season may end up being House's last, which would really suck because House is the best scripted show on TV IMO.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 6:19 pm

I love House, but I have slacked on the last couple seasons. I need to do some catching up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 6:40 pm

Justin Linker wrote:
I love House, but I have slacked on the last couple seasons. I need to do some catching up.

They show marathons on syndicated networks all the time. You can also watch this seasons' eps online on YouTube and Hulu.

Cuddy is leaving, which means next season is in all likelyhood the final one. Man that sucks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 8:34 pm

I'm a few seasons behind but I love this show... and it was confirmed it's not being renewed, but I don't remember if that meant this season is it or next season will be the last one.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 8:46 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I'm a few seasons behind but I love this show... and it was confirmed it's not being renewed, but I don't remember if that meant this season is it or next season will be the last one.

House HAS been renewed for next season. But with Cuddy leaving it looks like next season will be it's last, which is a shame.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 9:00 pm

I will catch up hopefully over next week...

If God forbid I ever come down with a terminal/rare illness I would want House to be my doctor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 9:29 pm

Best scripted show on TV? This is what I'm saying about you and your absolutism... have you seen Treme, Justified, Breaking Bad?

Don't get me wrong... I like House. But, it's pulp fluff at best. The arc timeline is absolutely identical for every episode.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 10:17 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Best scripted show on TV? This is what I'm saying about you and your absolutism... have you seen Treme, Justified, Breaking Bad?

Don't get me wrong... I like House. But, it's pulp fluff at best. The arc timeline is absolutely identical for every episode.

I'm entertained by every episode of House. Some are better than others but it's great nonetheless. As for your list, the only one of those I've seen is Justified. Good show, but I like House better. Breaking Bad looks interesting and I'll check it out, and I've never heard of Treme.

To be honest, there aren't a lot of scripted shows I watch anymore since The Shield and The Wire ended. I was also pissed that they cancelled the original Law & Order last year. The only scripted shows I watch every week are House and SVU. I occasionally watch the two NCIS series, and Entourage which is sadly ending this year but will come out with a feature film. That new show Alcatraz that Fox is coming out with looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 10:19 pm

Justin Linker wrote:

If God forbid I ever come down with a terminal/rare illness I would want House to be my doctor.

Me too, he's a crazy bastard but he makes me wish that real doctors were that smart.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:24 am

Treme is an HBO series from the creators of The Wire, with a few of the same actors. It's just started the second season... check it out.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 7:46 pm

WOW!! That finale was absolutely SURREAL! House has done some really crazy things over the last 7 seasons, and I didn't think that he could top last weeks episode, but low and behold he did.

I don't condone what House did at all, but at the same time it's got me wondering what's gonna happen next. I get the feeling that next season will be the last, unfortunately. But this cliffhanger has me feenin for more. I can't blame Cuddy for feeling the way she does and wanting House locked up, but at the same time I know that House will somehow, someway buck the system. I wonder how Cuddy will be written off the show, because I can't see that being her last appearance. If it is then that's lame. It'll also be interesting to see how House's team reacts to what he did.

On a side note, I really can't stand Taub. He's my least favorite character and the storyline they've got him involved in makes him even less likeable to me. That nurse is an idiot for allowing him to knock her up, and his wife is an idiot for trying to get back with him.

If season 8 is the final one, I'm really gonna miss it afterwards but I will watch every episode religiously as I have the last 7 seasons. House is the best scripted TV show since The Shield IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2011, 6:37 pm

I'm a huge fan of House as a series. The finale was decent enough, but far from great. The episode leading up to the finale was great though. Next season will more than likely be their last. 8 seasons is a great run for a drama, and i hope they do it right next season. The last thing i want to see is House(the show) go out with a wimper. I'm not a fan of Cuddy leaving. I'm not a huge fan of Foreman and Taub's character development. I like Chase. I love 13's character, but i'm afraid she won't be able to devote her time for a full season. Only time will tell though
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2011, 6:45 pm

House is not the best scripted show on TV, and it never has been. Sadly, network TV has certain limitations, and House is no exception. It falls victim to the generic and formulaic writing where each episode has to have a beginning, middle, and end. Writing a script that has to fit the blueprint of network TV will always keep a show from competing with HBO, Showtime, FX, and other channels. However, I think Gregory House is possibly the best acted character on TV now, and the show is really driven by Hugh Laurie's performance. There are a few characters that are in the convo though.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2011, 8:16 pm

Breaking Bad is really dope
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 8:29 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I'm a huge fan of House as a series. The finale was decent enough, but far from great. The episode leading up to the finale was great though. Next season will more than likely be their last. 8 seasons is a great run for a drama, and i hope they do it right next season. The last thing i want to see is House(the show) go out with a wimper. I'm not a fan of Cuddy leaving. I'm not a huge fan of Foreman and Taub's character development. I like Chase. I love 13's character, but i'm afraid she won't be able to devote her time for a full season. Only time will tell though

I agree that next season will likely be the last with Cuddy gone. I don't like the fact that she's leaving either, but at the same time I can't blame her for not wanting to take a paycut. It'll be interesting to see how House reacts to a new boss, though. I hope they do it right too. I hate it when final seasons of shows go out with a whimper, which is why I don't hold The Wire in as high regard as a lot of other people do. I loved the show's first four seasons, but the last one really sucked big time. Some people say it's the greatest drama ever, but personally I think The Shield and The Sopranos both blow it out of the fucking water.

Back to House though, I like Foreman's character but the writers have dropped the ball on his storylines ever since he broke up with 13. I still like what he stands for. I love 13 as well, I don't see why she wouldn't be able to committ to a full season. Is she knocked up or something? Chase is cool but they've dropped the ball on his storylines as well the last few seasons. Wilson has his ups and downs. I think he's brilliant at times and lame others, and I've never liked Taub.

I would agree with you though that Gregory House is the best acter character on TV nowadays. He's in the same mold as Vic Mackey and Tony Soprano were. If House isn't the best scripted show on TV, there aren't many that best it. I don't watch very many scripted shows nowadays though. Out of the network shows though, the only one that's as good nowadays is NCIS.

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeFri 03 Jun 2011, 2:27 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I agree that next season will likely be the last with Cuddy gone. I don't like the fact that she's leaving either, but at the same time I can't blame her for not wanting to take a paycut. It'll be interesting to see how House reacts to a new boss, though. I hope they do it right too. I hate it when final seasons of shows go out with a whimper, which is why I don't hold The Wire in as high regard as a lot of other people do. I loved the show's first four seasons, but the last one really sucked big time. Some people say it's the greatest drama ever, but personally I think The Shield and The Sopranos both blow it out of the fucking water.

Back to House though, I like Foreman's character but the writers have dropped the ball on his storylines ever since he broke up with 13. I still like what he stands for. I love 13 as well, I don't see why she wouldn't be able to committ to a full season. Is she knocked up or something? Chase is cool but they've dropped the ball on his storylines as well the last few seasons. Wilson has his ups and downs. I think he's brilliant at times and lame others, and I've never liked Taub.

I would agree with you though that Gregory House is the best acter character on TV nowadays. He's in the same mold as Vic Mackey and Tony Soprano were. If House isn't the best scripted show on TV, there aren't many that best it. I don't watch very many scripted shows nowadays though. Out of the network shows though, the only one that's as good nowadays is NCIS.

Her movie career is taking off. Just scroll to the last paragraph in the article.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jun 2011, 12:57 am

Oh I see. Can't say I'm surprised though. Olivia Wilde is beautiful and a great actress. I believe she's in Cowboys & Aliens with Harrison Ford.

I'd like to see Cameron back, perhaps to replace Cuddy. That would be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jun 2011, 7:23 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Oh I see. Can't say I'm surprised though. Olivia Wilde is beautiful and a great actress. I believe she's in Cowboys & Aliens with Harrison Ford.

I'd like to see Cameron back, perhaps to replace Cuddy. That would be pretty cool.

Cameron as the Dean of Medicine would be interesting, but i doubt that happens.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jun 2011, 12:21 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Cameron as the Dean of Medicine would be interesting, but i doubt that happens.

I doubt it happens as well, but it would be interesting and probably the best option. I could see Stacy return as the Dean. If they go with an entirely new character though, they'd have to have a major dynamic with House and Wilson.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House Season Finale   House Season Finale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House Season Finale
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: