Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Bout Them Mavs!

Go down 
+8
Laced With Slang
Shaun
Funk Seoul Brother
D.Powell
Highsmith
KJ Styles
T. Myers
SyRuP Sippa
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

How Bout Them Mavs! Empty
PostSubject: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:28 pm

Not counting my eggs before I eat em, but damn that was some performance yesterday! Dirk dominated!

That said, the Thunder stayed too close for comfort and Durant lit us up too. Westbrook shot shitty as well which won't happen every game, but I still like our chances and think we can clamp down even more on defense and will get more out of kidd, chandler, and peja offensively.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:40 pm

Dirk gave one of the best performances i've ever seen. He was getting to the line at will(shot 24 for 24 from there too), and he was 12 for 15 from the field. Sadly, people still think the 2006 Mavs will show up eventually, but that's not gonna happen. Tyson Chandler has literally changed the dynamic of that team.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 1:06 pm

I gotta admit I'm very impressed by the Mavs. Dirk was amazing, but how about JJ Barea? Dude had 21 points in only 16 minutes! Maybe they ought to use him more.

I think the Mavs will win this series with the Thunder, but then lose in the finals to the Bulls, but we'll see. As long as Miami does not win the NBA championship, I won't complain about how the rest of the postseason plays out. The Heat are the only team remaining in the playoffs that I truly hate.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 1:45 pm

Even though he sent my Lakers packing with the help of Terry & Peja, you gotta give it up to Dirk. 48 points in the 1st game of the Western Conference finals is beyond impressive. Barea getting 21 points in 16 minutes is also a ridiculous stat. Nate Robinson had no clue what was going on during that one play....lol It was awful.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:07 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I gotta admit I'm very impressed by the Mavs. Dirk was amazing, but how about JJ Barea? Dude had 21 points in only 16 minutes! Maybe they ought to use him more.

I think the Mavs will win this series with the Thunder, but then lose in the finals to the Bulls, but we'll see. As long as Miami does not win the NBA championship, I won't complain about how the rest of the postseason plays out. The Heat are the only team remaining in the playoffs that I truly hate.

Who does Chicago have that make them such an auto against the Mavs? If we can weather Durant, Derrick Rose will not be any more of a challenge, sure he distributes the ball better, but the Lakers have a bigger and stronger front than the Bulls. I don't think Rose and Deng can beat us by themselves.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:12 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Who does Chicago have that make them such an auto against the Mavs? If we can weather Durant, Derrick Rose will not be any more of a challenge, sure he distributes the ball better, but the Lakers have a bigger and stronger front than the Bulls. I don't think Rose and Deng can beat us by themselves.

It's more about the Bulls defense than their offensive power. The one thing Dallas has that no other team the Bulls will play has is a deep bench. That is one of Chicago's biggest strengths. I think Dallas will be Chicago's toughest out in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:14 pm

I don't think Chicago will be easy or we are locked to win and yes they play well defensively, but the way the Mavs are playing I don't see the Bulls having an easy time either.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:22 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I never said that it would be easy, but the Bulls play tremendous defense. If they can shut down Lebron and Wade as they did in Game 1 Sunday night, why couldn't they do the same to Dirk and Terry? I don't think it would be easy for either team to win the championship. But the Bulls defense, Derrick Rose's uncanny ability to carry them through the storm, and the homecourt advantage (being a 2-3-2 format in the Finals) gives the Bulls the advantage IMO. I hope that series comes to pass.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 3:03 pm

As long as The Heat don't win a ring EVER in my lifetime or at least while LeBum Scames is present and accounted for then I'm smiling ear to ear......

as for this year I think The Mavs might win it all but a Mavs-Bulls finals would be a 7 game grind out session that's for sure......may the best team win

but for 2011/2012 as always it's LET'S GO KNICKS!! we need to add to the 'Melo/Amar'e dynamic a big man......a legit PG (Chauncey is legit but he's older and he's hurt alot) we need Kemba damn it....lol.....and we need a defensive presence off the bench...oh and if we could get Wilson Chandler back that wouldn't hurt either Smile
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 3:34 pm

Quote :
but for 2011/2012 as always it's LET'S GO KNICKS!! we need to add to the 'Melo/Amar'e dynamic a big man......a legit PG (Chauncey is legit but he's older and he's hurt alot) we need Kemba damn it....lol.....and we need a defensive presence off the bench...oh and if we could get Wilson Chandler back that wouldn't hurt either
I hear Brian Scalabrine is on the market. Pairing him with Amare seems to be the logical solution. In all seriousness, I don't see any legit bigs taking their talents to NYC...at least not for a while. Aside from the Dwight Howard rumbles and the possibility of Bynum moving on (if the Fakers want to blow up their lineup), the market is quite shallow.

I'm surprised you all are fixing to keep Billups around but the team sorely needs a veteran presence like him. When he hangs it up, there should be quite a few PGs on the market (Paul and possibly Deron).

You don't just need a defensive presence of the bench you need a defensive presence period. Its quite embarrassing to see such a talented team play such pitiful defense. I don't see D'Antoni suddenly changing his coaching philosophy and turning into a Thibs or Doc Rivers overnight. As long as he is in change you can forget about winning anything and I mean that with all due respect.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 4:01 pm

Solar Deity wrote:
Quote :
but for 2011/2012 as always it's LET'S GO KNICKS!! we need to add to the 'Melo/Amar'e dynamic a big man......a legit PG (Chauncey is legit but he's older and he's hurt alot) we need Kemba damn it....lol.....and we need a defensive presence off the bench...oh and if we could get Wilson Chandler back that wouldn't hurt either
I hear Brian Scalabrine is on the market. Pairing him with Amare seems to be the logical solution. In all seriousness, I don't see any legit bigs taking their talents to NYC...at least not for a while. Aside from the Dwight Howard rumbles and the possibility of Bynum moving on (if the Fakers want to blow up their lineup), the market is quite shallow.

I'm surprised you all are fixing to keep Billups around but the team sorely needs a veteran presence like him. When he hangs it up, there should be quite a few PGs on the market (Paul and possibly Deron).

You don't just need a defensive presence of the bench you need a defensive presence period. Its quite embarrassing to see such a talented team play such pitiful defense. I don't see D'Antoni suddenly changing his coaching philosophy and turning into a Thibs or Doc Rivers overnight. As long as he is in change you can forget about winning anything and I mean that with all due respect.

Your right Cise, D'Antoni must go....his problem is he doesn't know how to teach defense...like he really does not know how to teach defense and obviously that is a huge problem....thats why I said we need a defensive presence, a dude who can come in and know on his own how to play some damn defense, cause he can't learn this from our coach...lol...as far as a big man...I think Marc Gasol is a restricted free agent and the Knicks need to make a strong push to get him if he is..

Billips is a veteran presence and he is needed but he makes 14 millions dollars which is cutting into the salary cap and could potentially interfere with signing some new guys....I'm just honestly hoping that Billups can hold up for an entire season.....
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 4:36 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Your right Cise, D'Antoni must go....his problem is he doesn't know how to teach defense...like he really does not know how to teach defense and obviously that is a huge problem....thats why I said we need a defensive presence, a dude who can come in and know on his own how to play some damn defense, cause he can't learn this from our coach...lol...as far as a big man...I think Marc Gasol is a restricted free agent and the Knicks need to make a strong push to get him if he is..

Billips is a veteran presence and he is needed but he makes 14 millions dollars which is cutting into the salary cap and could potentially interfere with signing some new guys....I'm just honestly hoping that Billups can hold up for an entire season.....
Interesting idea with Marc Gasol. I've never even thought of that scenario nor have I heard than anywhere else. He would certainly be a nice complement to Amare. That would be some dominance in the paint if I ever saw it.

They should hire you to so some scouting my dude...after all you were the one who predicted Steph Curry would go bananas.

Damn I didn't know Billups would makin' stacks that high. Dude is living large in the Big Apple. I agree that with that salary he could tie down things financially. I think he is more than capable of holding it down for another season. Who knowns maybe you can convince Penny Hardaway to make a comeback lol.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 4:59 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I never said that it would be easy, but the Bulls play tremendous defense. If they can shut down Lebron and Wade as they did in Game 1 Sunday night, why couldn't they do the same to Dirk and Terry? I don't think it would be easy for either team to win the championship. But the Bulls defense, Derrick Rose's uncanny ability to carry them through the storm, and the homecourt advantage (being a 2-3-2 format in the Finals) gives the Bulls the advantage IMO. I hope that series comes to pass.

Dude, come on now! They can only shut down Wade and Lebron because there is no one else on that team capable of taking over and doing damage. Bosh is MIA over half the time and then after that who is going to carry the team? It'll be a lot harder shutting down Dirk and Terry when they can swing it out to Peja for a trey or feed it to Barea for a feed. Chandler and Kidd are capable of getting hot too.

It's a lot easier to defend a shallow team like the Heat.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 5:04 pm

The Heat will win it all.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 6:18 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Dude, come on now! They can only shut down Wade and Lebron because there is no one else on that team capable of taking over and doing damage. Bosh is MIA over half the time and then after that who is going to carry the team? It'll be a lot harder shutting down Dirk and Terry when they can swing it out to Peja for a trey or feed it to Barea for a feed. Chandler and Kidd are capable of getting hot too.

It's a lot easier to defend a shallow team like the Heat.

Bosh was actually the Heat's leading scorer in Game 1, and how many teams are capable of shutting down both Lebron and Wade in the same game? The Bulls are, and have done so for 4 games if you include the regular season.

I'm not saying that the Bulls are a shoe in to win the championship, BUT I think they're capable of doing so. I wouldn't be shocked if the Mavs did it either, but I think they'd match up better with Miami than they would with Chicago.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011, 10:49 am

Dirk is straight thuggin it right now, much respect, hes shedding the soft label day by day if he hasnt already done so
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011, 8:26 pm

He's only soft when his opponents are punkin' him and his teammates.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011, 9:08 pm

AKA always
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 12:23 am

That was dissapointing, wanted us up 2-0 - but we'll regroup and come back, we barely lost this one and the thunder were on point.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeSat 21 May 2011, 5:49 pm

Dirk is gonna be Dirk. Has been for years, but I think the reason that the Mavs look so good now is that the folks around him are carrying their share of the load. I don't believe that any of the teams left can really beat them.

Dirk's fade away j=Kareem's Sky-hook. You just hope it misses
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeSat 21 May 2011, 11:48 pm

Yeeeeee! Dirk had a off game and we still diiiid it mane!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 12:39 am

Congrats. A masterful display of passing from the Mavs. Plenty of dodgy calls but the better team came up with the W.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 1:28 pm

Pedro, if Shawn Marion has 18 points that's an automatic W...lol and that's with an off night with Dirk
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 2:23 pm

Yeah, that was clutch. Terry has been off two games in a row, that won't last. And even with an off night Dirk took over in the 4th.

I feel that so far this series we've won 2 out of 3 without our entire team being on, so hopefully we start clicking on all cylinders and make it to the finals playing the best ball yet.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 12:24 am

Dirk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 12:29 am

That was perhaps the most crushing loss I've ever seen (from a neutral's perspective). What a collapse. They looked like my Kings out there blowing that lead.

Dirk God Mode: [On] Off
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 1:11 am

Solar Deity wrote:
They looked like my Suns out there blowing that lead.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 1:25 am

Yeah, I felt bad for the Thunder too! Dirk was an absolute monster in the 4th and willed the Mavs to a win. I mean 17-2 run to end a game and force OT? All this soft talk needs to end now and forever more.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 1:29 am

Harden fouling out definitely didn't help matters but when you're up 15 with less than 5 minutes left at home, you gotta find a way to get a W. Dirk and company definitely deserve credit for this win. I think OKC also finished with 26 turnovers. They were lucky the game even went into OT.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 11:51 pm

yesssssiiirr
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 12:04 am

Congrats to the Mavs, hope they dominate the finals.

Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 12:59 am

Anybody remember the Jason Kidd/Jim Jackson/Toni Braxton feud from way back in the days?

Congrats to the Mavs, I hope Lebron chin checks Dirk in the finals.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 1:39 am

Congrats. Another gutsy comeback. The Thunder put up a valiant effort and will again be in the conversation for years to come. I don't know how much longer they can keep their nucleus together though...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 5:19 pm

The Mavs will be lucky to get 2 games against Miami
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 6:28 pm

This thread is called How bout Them Mavs!, queer.

Last edited by Half on Thu 26 May 2011, 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 6:54 pm

I'm now predicting the Mavs to win the NBA championship. That said, it's now or never for Dirk.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 7:08 pm

Kidd also has no ring, and is a future HOFer. Nobody seems to mention that when talking about the Mavs' run. If it's Dirk's last shot, it's J Kidd's, too.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 7:17 pm

Well Kidd had two runs himself albeit with weak teams around him, but I think the manner in which the 06 Mavs lost makes it seem much more important for Dirk. Also, Dirk is a better player all time than Kidd was. Thirdly, every article I've read about last shots has mentioned Kidd too.

Fourthly, nice to see you coming around KJ!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 7:28 pm

"That said, it's now or never for Dirk. "

This is basically what I was commenting on. Now or never for both of them.

"Well Kidd had two runs himself albeit with weak teams around him, but I think the manner in which the 06 Mavs lost makes it seem much more important for Dirk."

Why is that? Kidd brought his (weak) team to the finals two years straight. Dirk hasn't even made two finals appearances.

"Also, Dirk is a better player all time than Kidd was"

lol

And KJ is only predicting the Mavs to win because he doesn't like the Heat... lol.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 7:52 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Fourthly, nice to see you coming around KJ!

Thanks Pedro, while I'm not really a Mavs fan because I dislike Mark Cuban, I hate Lebitch James and Bosh Spice with a passion, and I don't see the Bulls coming back from a 3-1 hole.

Dirk is playing great, and Marion seems to have stepped through the fountain of youth. Mavericks over the Heat in 6.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 7:54 pm

It was easier for Kidd to come out of the east than it was Dirk to come out of the west.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 7:55 pm

Speaking of Marion, if the Mavs do take it all, him getting a ring will be the one thing I will enjoy.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 8:01 pm

Shaun wrote:

And KJ is only predicting the Mavs to win because he doesn't like the Heat... lol.

I do hate the Heat, but I honestly think the Mavs have a legitimate chance to win.

And Pedro, Kidd is much better all time than Dirk. He carried the Nets from a garbage team to a championship contender. Sure, they got owned in both Finals appearances but Kidd turned them from a 29 win team with Marbury at PG to a 56 win team. Not to mention how bad the Suns sucked between the time they traded Kidd and then aquired Nash.

Dirk is a better player today, but in his prime Kidd was more valuable.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 8:09 pm

I agree, KJ. But, no need for the Suns' hate. Kidd left there in '02 ('01, maybe?), and Nash came 3-4 years after. Phoenix only had one terrible season during that time, and made the playoffs the one year. Ha!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 8:24 pm

Kidd is not much better all time. He may only be slightly better, but it's not by much. It's basically a wash IMO.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 8:47 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Kidd is not much better all time. He may only be slightly better, but it's not by much. It's basically a wash IMO.

I dunno man, Kidd is one of the all time leaders in triple doubles and is one of the best pure passers of all time. I think he'd get in the HOF before Dirk if they both retired after this season, ring or no ring.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 8:48 pm

Shaun wrote:
I agree, KJ. But, no need for the Suns' hate. Kidd left there in '02 ('01, maybe?), and Nash came 3-4 years after. Phoenix only had one terrible season during that time, and made the playoffs the one year. Ha!

I don't hate the Suns, yeah I remember that they made the playoffs once with Marbury but they lost in the 1st round and I believe that was the only time they made it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 8:53 pm

I think they are both first ballot HOFers so I don't see one getting in before the other. I also think it's difficult to compare a pure pg to a jump shooting seven footer. Their games are basically polar opposites.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 9:33 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:

I don't hate the Suns, yeah I remember that they made the playoffs once with Marbury but they lost in the 1st round and I believe that was the only time they made it.

Indeed. At least they were better than the Knicks! lol
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 9:56 pm

Shaun wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Indeed. At least they were better than the Knicks! lol

The Knicks reached the finals TWICE in the Ewing era, the Suns only reached them ONCE in the last 20+ years, and that was when they had Barkley, Kevin Johnson, and Thunder Dan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Them Mavs!   How Bout Them Mavs! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Bout Them Mavs!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: