Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)

Go down 
+10
Half
Alan
D.Powell
SyRuP Sippa
Cold Loungin
Wayne
Highsmith
Myestro
KJ Styles
Tic706
14 posters

Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal
Power of Rhyme
Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Vote_lcap0%Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Business Never Personal
Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Vote_lcap100%Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Vote_rcap
 100% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Empty
PostSubject: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 9:25 pm

Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Kid+Sensation+-+The+Power+Of+Rhyme+(Front)

vs.

Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) EPMD_-_Business_Never_Personal
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 10:09 pm

EPMD by default and i'm sure either way.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 10:09 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 10:19 pm

C'mon...Kid Sensation had Ken Griffey, Jr. on his album! Was a decent enough album, I guess. I found it moderately enjoyable.

My favorite EPMD album wins this one easily, though.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 11:39 pm

EPMD....
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeSat 21 May 2011, 12:17 am

It's Going Down, Crossover, Headbanger. Oh yeah, Business Never Personal on this one, lol.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeSat 21 May 2011, 4:06 am

epmd default
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeSat 21 May 2011, 10:52 am

Am I the only one that's heard the Kid Sensation? Granted, if my friend didn't find it in the "bargain bin", then I probably never would have...but still...
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeSat 21 May 2011, 1:47 pm

Myestro wrote:
Am I the only one that's heard the Kid Sensation? Granted, if my friend didn't find it in the "bargain bin", then I probably never would have...but still...

I've heard it too, bargain bin find for me, but it's actually really enjoyable and the production is pretty dope, vintage 90s vibe.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeSat 21 May 2011, 4:29 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 12:34 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Myestro wrote:

I've heard it too, bargain bin find for me, but it's actually really enjoyable and the production is pretty dope, vintage 90s vibe.

I guess we're the only two then.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 1:58 pm

I'm surprised most people have not heard the Kid Sensation. That's a dope record, but I like the EPMD a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 5:53 pm

I haven't heard the Kidsensation. This is my favorite EPMD album, but I won't vote.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 5:39 am

Comin' straight from the Boondox!!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 10:08 pm

havent heard the kidsensation any good?
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 10:27 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
havent heard the kidsensation any good?

I haven't heard it in a long while, but if I remember correctly, it was pretty good. Nothing mind-blowing, but a decent album that my friend found in the bargain bin.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 2:30 am

Kid Sensation>>>>>>>>

I never heard of that EPMD, don't want to either.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 5:01 pm

Zaza Pachulia wrote:
Kid Sensation>>>>>>>>

Took you long enough to big up your Seattle MC!

Speaking of Seattle, you'll be glad to know that I found Blue Scholars' self-titled album used at FYE. Got that shit for $5. I like it. Now if I can find any of their other stuff...

But, I don't want to turn this thread into a Blue Scholars love-fest.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 5:03 pm

Because no one wants to see Tran reply to himself 50 times
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 5:11 pm

Shaun wrote:
Because no one wants to see Tran reply to himself 50 times

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 5:38 pm

Nobody wants to see Tran reply period with his no knowledge having ass.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 7:28 pm

Myestro wrote:
Zaza Pachulia wrote:
Kid Sensation>>>>>>>>

Speaking of Seattle, you'll be glad to know that I found Blue Scholars' self-titled album used at FYE. Got that shit for $5. I like it. Now if I can find any of their other stuff...

Coming from a more neutral (?) viewpoint of Blue Scholars...if you like Blue Scholars you'll really like Bayani. Blue Scholars was mostly boring to me but Bayani has some bangers. That's all I've heard from the group though.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 8:19 pm

Half wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Zaza Pachulia wrote:
Kid Sensation>>>>>>>>

Coming from a more neutral (?) viewpoint of Blue Scholars...if you like Blue Scholars you'll really like Bayani. Blue Scholars was mostly boring to me but Bayani has some bangers. That's all I've heard from the group though.

Yeah, I looked them up after I listened, and Bayani seemed familiar. I think a lot of people were talking about it on Amazon back in the day. As far as Blue Scholars, I could see why some would think it's boring...to me, I think it's just laid back. I really like the song Motion Movement.

I'll look into Bayani.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 8:21 pm

I just had to...

Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 12:44 am

KJ Styles wrote:

Yeah, coming from a guy who likes to gives opinions on shit he knows nothing about...calling something overrated or wack when he only probably bumped a song off youtube...How can you “overrate” something if you can’t “rate” it?

Geo, rapper. Sabzi is the producer...still remembered your dumbass saying both rappers suck...fucking fool.

Last edited by Zaza Pachulia on Thu 26 May 2011, 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 12:46 am

Myestro wrote:
Half wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Zaza Pachulia wrote:
Kid Sensation>>>>>>>>

Yeah, I looked them up after I listened, and Bayani seemed familiar. I think a lot of people were talking about it on Amazon back in the day. As far as Blue Scholars, I could see why some would think it's boring...to me, I think it's just laid back. I really like the song Motion Movement.

I'll look into Bayani.

I've been on a Oof EP binge lately, shit just jams in my car. Sabzi is a beast!

Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 1:08 am

Myestro wrote:
Half wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Zaza Pachulia wrote:
Kid Sensation>>>>>>>>

I'll look into Bayani.

No Rest For The Weary, Love & Debt and Blink are among my favorite Blue Scholars songs, too many dope tracks on that album. I really love that smooth, laid back shit.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 6:22 pm

I think Sagaba is the best track off of the self-titled.

Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 10:00 pm

Zaza Pachulia wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Yeah, coming from a guy who likes to gives opinions on shit he knows nothing about...calling something overrated or wack when he only probably bumped a song off youtube...How can you “overrate” something if you can’t “rate” it?

Geo, rapper. Sabzi is the producer...still remembered your dumbass saying both rappers suck...fucking fool.

You hypocritical assclown, talking about "I never heard this EPMD album and don't want to".

You're the one who knows NOTHING about rap pre-1990 and it's shown on many posts, yet you disrespect it. At least I've checked out Blue Scholars. You've never checked out Run-DMC, Slick Rick, Public Enemy, or EPMD. Go fuck yourself!
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 11:53 pm

Ass Licker
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011, 6:58 pm

Eatin ass is what Tran does best
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)   Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Album 1992 Round 1:Power of Rhyme vs. Business Never Personal (A)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: