Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new Gravediggaz album coming

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

new Gravediggaz album coming Empty
PostSubject: new Gravediggaz album coming   new Gravediggaz album coming Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 6:39 pm

Gravediggaz Working On Reunion Album, Set To Reunite Onstage At Cage Vs Cons L.A.

By Jay Casteel (@JayCasteel), Published 05/18/2011

It's been nearly 17 years since RZA's horrorcore supergroup, the Gravediggaz, dropped their classic debut, 6 Feet Deep, and while their last album came in 2001, titled Nightmare in A-Minor, original members RZA and Prince Paul were not involved.

The group is back, minus the late Too Poetic (The Grym Reaper). Shabazz The Disciple (original Sunz of Man member), who appeared on Gravediggaz' classic "Diary Of A Madman", revealed to us this week, the group is back in the lab, working on a reunion album.

Apparently, it's been in the works for over a year, and they are fairly deep into the recording process.

"RZA had called me last March -- he's like 'Yo, it's Gravediggaz time,' " Shabazz said. "I went down there; him and Frukwan (The Gatekeeper) already started on some songs. I went down there, did a couple of songs at his crib. Killah Priest was there. It was crazy 'cause me, Killah Priest, RZA and Frukwan was together in the studio. That was like '94 all over again."

So far, Prince Paul had not contributed to the upcoming project, but apparently RZA has been in contact with the producer/rapper and he is on-board for what would be their first new album in over a decade.

Right now, it's about timing, and working around each other's schedules. However, they are close to completing it, and Shabazz makes it clear that it's definitely "100% a go."

"With everybody's schedules, it's kinda difficult to get everybody in one room right now. But, in the near future, it'll pop off," Shabazz explained. "It's almost done though, RZA told me all we need to do is three more songs, and it's a wrap.

"It was like a family reunion. It was like being away from your brothers for a minute, like being locked up. Like, I did a little 10-15, being away from my family, then I came home and I'm back with my family," the rapper continued. "It's a great feeling, not only for us, but for hip-hop itself, because hip-hop is suffering a famine. So, we're gonna create that balance that ya'll love us for."

A title for the upcoming Gravediggaz album had not been chosen as of press time, nor has a release date.

Shabazz The Disciple, along with Frukwan and Killah Priest, have been confirmed for Saturday's (May 21) Cage Vs Cons event, set to take place the Los Angeles Sports Arena. Both Shabazz and Priest will be doing separate solo sets, but Frukwan is set to join the pair onstage to perform "Diary Of A Madman".

RZA is also expected to appear for the performance, but it isn't definite just yet. Shabazz says if RZA can make the show, it will be the first time all four artists have performed the song together since 1994, during the release party for their debut, Six Feet Deep.

"This should be a big, historic moment for hip-hop and us, to do that song together again," Shabazz exclaimed.

For more info about Cage Vs Cons, visit CageVsCons.com. Stay tuned for further info about the GraveDiggaz.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: new Gravediggaz album coming   new Gravediggaz album coming Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 6:51 pm

Id' peep this though that cage vs cons soundtrack was a little dissapointing with some boring shit on there.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: new Gravediggaz album coming   new Gravediggaz album coming Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 7:36 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Id' peep this though that cage vs cons soundtrack was a little dissapointing with some boring shit on there.

that cage vs cons album has nothing to do with the gravediggaz album. Also, some of those verses on that soundtrack were recycled
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: new Gravediggaz album coming   new Gravediggaz album coming Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 8:00 pm

Stoked, good news.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: new Gravediggaz album coming   new Gravediggaz album coming Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 8:14 pm

cage vs. cons had a ton of tracks from shabazz and kp and others also involved in this project
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: new Gravediggaz album coming   new Gravediggaz album coming Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 9:01 pm

I'll definitely peep it. Just sucks that I won't be able to hear Grym Reaper though...he was my fav Digga.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: new Gravediggaz album coming   new Gravediggaz album coming Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 3:59 pm

Funny Bazz is working with the RZA since Bazz dissed the Rza on the last 3 projects he released
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new Gravediggaz album coming   new Gravediggaz album coming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Gravediggaz album coming
Page 1 of 1