Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hellooooo

Go down 
+3
SyRuP Sippa
Half
McNutty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
McNutty
Woof
Woof

hellooooo Empty
PostSubject: hellooooo   hellooooo Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 5:01 am

just found you guys' forum after a random google search. regged to drop a top 10 list, will stick around for the discussion.

just a little background on me, 21 year old male from UK. I think my first album was Willenium lol, Marshall Mathers LP not long after that. I loved the first Gorillaz album as a kid too. Unfortunately 2001-2007 I became pretty much exclusively a classic rock/classic metal/pop punk fan, convinced myself that bands playing their instruments with great skill was the be and end all of the music.

I think it was around 2008 I got into the Beastie Boys (properly I mean), Blackalicious and ATCQ. By the time 2009 rolled around I was listening to ODB's albums a shitload (I was still listening to stuff like King Crimson, QotSA and Iron Maiden on the regular at this point though). From ODB I started running through all the Wu Tang stuff I could get my hands on. After Wu Tang I've just kinda tried to listen to everything that anyone reccomends. I've still got a lot of legendary shit to get through.

Anyway enough of my fucking life story, gonna go post a top 10 in that sticky
Back to top Go down
McNutty
Woof
Woof

hellooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hellooooo   hellooooo Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 5:04 am

oh yeah are people only talking US stuff in here? because the UK has got some heavy spitters these days, hope you guys like your Grime Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

hellooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hellooooo   hellooooo Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 8:20 am

McNutty wrote:
oh yeah are people only talking US stuff in here? because the UK has got some heavy spitters these days, hope you guys like your Grime Big Grin

I'm one of the few people on here that listens to UK stuff...lately I've been into Orphans Of Cush and affiliates. Is grime still big? I remember it getting a bit popular over here in the U.S. early last decade. Guys like Dizzee Rascal, Wiley, etc. But they've switched up their styles quite a bit since then.

And oh yeah, welcome!
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

hellooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hellooooo   hellooooo Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 10:06 am

I like Professor Green.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

hellooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hellooooo   hellooooo Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 10:50 am

Welcome man. I'm pretty big into the UK pop/acid jazz/DnB scene. Brand New Heavies, James Taylor Quartet, Jamiroquai, 4Hero, are London Elektricity being what I'm primarily into.
Back to top Go down
McNutty
Woof
Woof

hellooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hellooooo   hellooooo Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 11:57 am

Yea people have been saying that Grime has been dead since about mid-2000s. As soon as Dizzee got big and Wiley got shit I think people were declaring the end. Plus a lot of the big guys from that time seemed to have moved on to making dance tunes. There's still people out there making Grime-style UK hiphop though.

People who can spit: P Money, Wretch 32 (ignore his dance tracks), Skepta, Giggs (slow as fuck but I like the dude's flow), Bashy

You guys are up on your SBTV right? got some good vids on there, the F64s in particular, for a shitload of uk MCs. They got one with Talib Kweli that's pretty jokes too.

I'd say Tinchy Strider is probably the biggest grime artist now, Prof. Green annoys me. Devlin's getting big for being something like a UK Eminem, but I think his flow is same in every tune, just some angry white dude.

This some good shit: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Maybe I'll start a grime thread.

P.S. I'm also a Jamiroquai fan Smile

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

hellooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hellooooo   hellooooo Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 12:52 pm

McNutty wrote:
Yea people have been saying that Grime has been dead since about mid-2000s. As soon as Dizzee got big and Wiley got shit I think people were declaring the end. Plus a lot of the big guys from that time seemed to have moved on to making dance tunes. There's still people out there making Grime-style UK hiphop though.

People who can spit: P Money, Wretch 32 (ignore his dance tracks), Skepta, Giggs (slow as fuck but I like the dude's flow), Bashy

You guys are up on your SBTV right? got some good vids on there, the F64s in particular, for a shitload of uk MCs. They got one with Talib Kweli that's pretty jokes too.

I'd say Tinchy Strider is probably the biggest grime artist now, Prof. Green annoys me. Devlin's getting big for being something like a UK Eminem, but I think his flow is same in every tune, just some angry white dude.

This some good shit: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Maybe I'll start a grime thread.

Please start a grime thread man. I'm still interested in the genre and I don't know a lot about it. I have heard some stuff by Tinchy Strider and Skepta and as I mentioned Dizzee and Wiley and some other guys from Roll Deep, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

hellooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hellooooo   hellooooo Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 5:06 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

hellooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hellooooo   hellooooo Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 7:58 pm

Yes, welcome! And even if UK hip-hop doesn't get talked about too much, don't be afraid to recommend some. Several of us have open minds and would give it a fair try.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

hellooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hellooooo   hellooooo Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 8:21 pm

No doubt
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

hellooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hellooooo   hellooooo Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 8:36 pm

I've been bumping a lot of The Streets lately. It Was Supposed To Be So Easy & Dry Your Eyes are my jams.

also, the greatest UK song ever!
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

hellooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hellooooo   hellooooo Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 8:36 pm

And welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

hellooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hellooooo   hellooooo Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 12:32 am

McNutty wrote:

Looks like we will get along just fine. Again welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hellooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: hellooooo   hellooooo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hellooooo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: New Users Introduce Yourselves!-
Jump to: