Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis

Go down 
+4
parker lewis
Shaun
T. Myers
ctrx
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Empty
PostSubject: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jun 2011, 10:33 pm

This is a sick record. Sabzi is a beast and Geologic doesn't sound like he belongs on Def Poetry Jam anymore. What's good Tran?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jun 2011, 11:08 pm

I still need this. Sabzi is dope.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2011, 1:03 am

Tran has been splooging about this since it came out
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2011, 1:25 am

I know but it's Tran.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2011, 1:31 am

I was more responding to ctrx asking "What's good Tran?"
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2011, 3:09 am

This was the worst thing I've heard between Common Market and Blue Scholars... pretentious production and boring lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2011, 7:37 am

even though I consider Bayani a cassic and in the top 5 of albums in 2007 for some reason Im not in a rush to cop more Bu Scholars
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011, 4:38 pm

ctrx wrote:
This is a sick record. Sabzi is a beast and Geologic doesn't sound like he belongs on Def Poetry Jam anymore. What's good Tran?

Shaking My Head @ CTRX bigging this album up, but giving it a 6 at Rapreviews. Score = 0

This is my album of the year, it's what I bump mostly in the whip. Sabzi is on another level.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011, 5:57 pm

Damn! I've been sleeping!!!!!!!!!

Just ordered the CD + digital download from the Blue Scholars site. Looking forward to some new tunes. I've been so preoccupied with disc golf this year so far, I've barely made time to search and buy new music....just been bumping old school shit lately.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011, 5:59 pm

parker lewis wrote:
This was the worst thing I've heard between Common Market and Blue Scholars... pretentious production and boring lyrics.

If this is what you're saying about it, I know I'll like it. lol

Gotta laugh since it's how I feel about so much of the music you praise.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011, 5:59 pm

Good shit, Al. I pledged, so I got my copy last week. This new one is all about Sabzi, dude took it up a notch.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011, 6:02 pm

Nice. I actually see it just recently dropped. So I guess I haven't slept too long. Which is good.

You know how I feel about Sabzi. Really looking forward to his work...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011, 6:04 pm

Also, can someone tell me how beats/production can be "pretentious"? I'm lost here...
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011, 6:09 pm

You only been sleeping about three weeks or so, they dropped the digital version early to those who pledged. Hussein, Cinemetropolis, Tommy Chong, Anna Karina, George Jackson, Rani Mukerji, just soo many bangers on here. Hussein is probably my favorite track, that beat is killer.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011, 6:10 pm

Alan wrote:
Also, can someone tell me how beats/production can be "pretentious"? I'm lost here...

indeed...

Once the beat started on the first song, Cinemetropolis, I knew I was in for a treat.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011, 7:47 pm

I'm trying to think of another way to explain what I'm hearing, and I'm not coming up with much else.

It just seems like Sabzi really felt he was making something awe-inspiring and amazing, but to me it's just so-so at best.

I hear what you're saying, Alan. Sometimes we can safely use each others' opinions in a paradoxical manner.

I'd like to clarify that I'm not trying to insult anyone or anyone else's taste. I can only give my opinion on it.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011, 7:48 pm

Pearl Jam is a classic case of pretention in music... Steely Dan... and now Sabzi.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis   Blue Scholars Cinemetropolis Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011, 8:58 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Pearl Jam is a classic case of pretention in music... Steely Dan... and now Sabzi.

What I think of when I think of pretentious: