Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking to buy a new laptop...

Go down 
+7
parker lewis
Funk Seoul Brother
SyRuP Sippa
Tic706
T. Myers
Justin Linker
Laced With Slang
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Looking to buy a new laptop... Empty
PostSubject: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:14 pm

My Toshiba is 6 years old and it still runs fine but the screen is completely destroyed and it would cost basically $200 to get it all fixed so i think it might be time to upgrade to a new computer. Im not a Mac person so im looking to buy a PC. Im currently thinking of either buying another Toshiba or maybe an Asus....any recommendations on those or other brands?
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:35 pm

I got an Acer Aspire 5336-2524 for Christmas. Haven't had a single issue with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:36 pm

i was also looking at Acer. i want a good computer but not trying to spend TOO much ya know. I care more about performance than i do about features like a blu-ray player or good speakers
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:39 pm

I've had a Hewlitt Packard for a few years and i've never had a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:45 pm

Acer's are relatively cheap. I think mine was $400. It's nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. It doesn't have a Blu Ray. At least, mine doesn't
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm

I got two Panasonic Toughbooks and I really dig'em. Especially if you really travel a lot with them, they are built to last. I DJ with one of them.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 1:05 pm

The best experience I've had with Laptops has been HP and Toshiba.

My last laptop was a 349 dollar Toshiba I got at best buy, upgraded the RAM for 50 bucks and it lasted me two years. It still runs now, but runs hot.

The laptop I have right now is a 399 dollar HP I got at best buy, runs like a champ, and was good to go out the box, great performance, a ton of ram etc.

This has lasted going on 3 years now which is really good for me for laptops. I use my laptop for work so they tend to be on anywhere from 10-12 hours a day hence why mine start running hot around 2-3 years, but I never spend much on them because I'd rather keep it cheap (under 400) and be able to replace it every few years.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 1:10 pm

I've bought 2 Dells (standard and a netbook) and an Acer (netbook) within the past few years and haven't had a problem with any of them. I don't think you can go wrong with either of those brands.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 1:29 pm

All my hardware will be Apple from here on out. I want the respect I deserve as a consumer. I hate these pc assholes acting like I owe them something because I made the mistake of purchasing their product.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 3:51 pm

I've used Dell products over the past decade. Never had any problems with them. If you treat your computer with respect it will respect you in return. I did have a Toshiba about 6 years ago...really fucking weak. Macs are probably dope to use but I'm not really interested, and the price tag is always a problem.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 7:58 pm

I got my Toshiba for $400 at Wal-Mart almost 3 years ago, and it still runs fine (besides the disk drive). I've had less than 8% of my memory left for about 15 months, and I never turn it off. Still works great, and I love it.
Back to top Go down
昇龍拳_الله
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
昇龍拳_الله

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 6:04 pm

I currently use a IBM Thinkpad t42 I got it for free 2 or 3 years ago out of the garbage. It is 6 years old I upgraded the RAM to max of 2GB and put a 80GB HD in it. It works perfectly fine. I would recommend Thinkpad because I think they are great. I have used Toshibas, Hps, Dells, and Compaqs (granted all of them except one of the Toshibas I have gotten out of the garbage) and they all have had various issues but my Thinkpad has never let me down.

But honestly I think all of them are good but it depends really on what you intentions are to use.

To really get a good scope of which laptop to chose. Think about what you want to use it for and find a laptop with comparable specs with each brand and then read the reviews. I wouldn't say buy the cheapest one but try and get the mid-range ones. Also check the upgrade-ability. See if it easy to install RAM and a HD yourself. If the laptop has a high RAM max it will last a lot longer. Also check the battery life on them and how long the paticular model you are looking at has been out.

If you can wait try and get one after thanksgiving or christmas.

I know it sounds kind of vague
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 6:22 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
I got two Panasonic Toughbooks and I really dig'em. Especially if you really travel a lot with them, they are built to last. I DJ with one of them.

I have toughbook as well Kev, I like it a lot. Having touch screen is a favourite feature.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 6:23 pm

I wish I lived in rich man's town where people threw out working computers every day
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 8:12 pm

I guarantee an Ivy League college campus has dumpsters full of Apple laptops, as well as bags of weed and cocaine (I hear those mofos get cold feet a lot haha).
Back to top Go down
昇龍拳_الله
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
昇龍拳_الله

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 8:29 pm

LOL! I use to be a garbage man and worked in a well of section. When they would get new things they would just through away the old ones. So that's how I was getting them. I usually just sell them on ebay. They aren't new but they usually work but might need ram, a HD, worst case maybe a screen. If it was better than what i was using I'd just try and fix it or just sell it. You would be surprised at the stuff people just through away. Like they say one man's trash is another man's treasure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy a new laptop...   Looking to buy a new laptop... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking to buy a new laptop...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: