Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1

Go down 
+2
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
6 posters

Better Kool Keith album?
Dr. Octagonecologyst
Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 Vote_lcap75%Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 Vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
First Come, First Served
Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 Vote_lcap25%Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 Empty
PostSubject: Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1   Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 9:04 pm

So this thread is going to pair up two albums from an artist and hopefully there is some good discussion (why i capitalized it) on which album is better and why. Some of these choices are definitely not as easy as some people initially may think. The Infamous vs. Hell On Earth thread was the influence for this series as that thread got a lot of attention so here is the first choice.

Dr. Octagonacolegyst vs. First Come, First Served

Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 41F0DK7X4ML._SL500_AA300_

vs.

Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 61kQJ8EN6ML
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1   Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 9:28 pm

I prefer Doc Oc
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1   Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jun 2011, 12:11 pm

back in the day i would have said Doc Oc but if i really think about it its a lot closer than i think. The quality of beats and rhymes between the two releases is essentially the same, Doc Oc just had all the hype behind it. If people listened to First Come, First Served as much as Doc Oc as i have i can see some of these sentiments changing. Im still not ready to declare my vote....
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1   Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

This is harder and harder to decide every day, but Dr. Octo holds a special place in my collection. Really one of the most unique albums I have ever heard, and when I first heard it blew my mind. 5 star classic.

Dr. Octo
- better production (slightly)
- in my opinion, cooler persona
- more consistent
- more replay value
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1   Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 12:37 pm

First Come First Served always for me... man I love Dr. Octo and Sex Style, but this one goes sooooo fucking hard. I just love the persona on this one more, angry, sarcastic, saying whatever the fuck you want about people and the rap industry.... you live at homes with your mom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and this was at a time when Keith had the highest exposure so he had the most to lose. So yeah, Dr. Dooom for me.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1   Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 1:08 pm

thank you Half for participating...i think these threads could be a great idea because they actually involve discussion rather than just a list or a vote.

anyway, not gonna lie i think i like Keith's persona slightly more as Dr Dooom, but its really close, and everyone always praises Automator's production including myself but Kutmasta Kut comes pretty much just as nice on First Come. I may be inclined to give the vote to First Come as time goes on, Keith literally shreds every verse manhandling everything that comes to his mind
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1   Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 10:22 pm

Dr Oct wins for me. First Come First Served is good but Dr Oct is a classic.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1   Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jul 2011, 2:13 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I prefer Doc Oc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1   Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artist Album Versus DISCUSSION Day 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: