Share | 

Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:22 pm

I'll be rolling out to New Orleans in the morning for this 3 day concert mega event in my mind. Any of you mofo's going?

There are a lot of acts like:

Kanye West
Jill Scott
Mary J Blige
Naughty By Nature
MC Lyte
Mint Condition
Macy Gray
Dwele
The Time
Chaka Khan
Boyz II Men
New Edition
And more.

Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:24 pm

When?

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:55 pm

This weekend, July 1-3.

Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:55 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
This weekend, July 1-3.

Oh I can't make that, I think I'll be with my family.

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Sat 02 Jul 2011, 3:33 am

Friday day 1 was a helluva start!!!!

We saw Mint Condition who put on a real good show. We saw some of Jennifer Hudson's set which was boring too me. Saw Macy Gray who were not familiar with really any of her songs just figured she would be interesting. And we were correct she put on a damn good show. Ended the night with Usher whose set was full of all type of high tech shit.

But the real highlight of day 1 was meeting Big Daddy Kane, taking a pic with him and getting his autograph. Long live the Kane!!!!!! I told'em no matter how much hate Taste of Choclate gets he has at least one fan that really digs it!!!!!!!

T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Sat 02 Jul 2011, 9:23 am

TicNitty706 wrote:

We saw Mint Condition who put on a real good show. We saw some of Jennifer Hudson's set which was boring too me. Saw Macy Gray who were not familiar with really any of her songs just figured she would be interesting. And we were correct she put on a damn good show. Ended the night with Usher whose set was full of all type of high tech shit.

But the real highlight of day 1 was meeting Big Daddy Kane, taking a pic with him and getting his autograph. Long live the Kane!!!!!! I told'em no matter how much hate Taste of Choclate gets he has at least one fan that really digs it!!!!!!!

LOL, what did he say?

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:51 am

T. Myers wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

LOL, what did he say?

Nothin really but a thanks. I'm not even sure he 100% understood what I said. There was a lot of going on.

Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Sun 03 Jul 2011, 4:01 am

Day 2

Was the shiznit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attended a very informative panel discussion with Cornel West and Tavis Smilley and some other great thinkers. Saw another one on empowerment of black women that was real interesting.

Later that night at the superdome I saw El Debarge still putting it down. Saw a little of Stephanie Mills but had to leave to catch Naughty By Nature. That was all good and they actually covered some of the real shit along with their popular songs. Performed those same 3 trks from their new album "coming out." My wife left the NBN set a little early to go catch Jill Scott. So I caught up with her after they finished their set and saw Jill do the damn thing also.

And the grand finale was the one and only Mr. West!!!!!! And he put on one helluva show the man knows his craft. His beats and songs just move people and I saw just how moved people get 1st hand. They partied harder for him harder than any other artist thus far. The joker makes me proud to say i'm a fan of hip hop in 2011.

Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:25 pm

Day 3 (Sunday)

Yesterday we saw Blackstreet at the pre concert. That was pretty good. That we saw a local brass band and right after that Doug E Fresh!! I see why they call him the world's best entertainer. He had the crowd going and only perfromed like 3 of his own songs. Most of the show was him just rocking the crowd with old classics from music period.

The highlight of my night was watching New Edition. They only came 2nd to Kanye with rockin the best show. NE had those women and some men going all out...lol. I wanted to see Mc Lyte but her set clashed with NE. Yes, I chose NE over Lyte. It was a hard decision.

The grand finale of the night and the event was Mary J Blige. She also put on one helluva show. I'm not a big fan of her but she showed me that emotion in her videos are the real thing. She poured her emotions out in every song.

All in all it was worth all the money. One of the highlights of my life thus far.

Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:33 pm

It's good to hear about someone enjoying a concert nowadays. Some of my friends have gone to festival and/or big concerts recently and they all seemed kinda underwhelmed. And for me it's pretty expensive to go to huge concerts because they usually aren't around here...yeah C-bus gets concerts/performances weekly but the music usually isn't my thing.

Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Tue 05 Jul 2011, 5:35 pm

Thats why I carefully chose the shows I attend. I want to be there so unless the artists stage show suck i'm usually good.

And what's C-bus? Columbus?

Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Tue 05 Jul 2011, 5:49 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Thats why I carefully chose the shows I attend. I want to be there so unless the artists stage show suck i'm usually good.

And what's C-bus? Columbus?

Yeah lol

Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Tue 05 Jul 2011, 10:15 pm

Ohio?

Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Tue 05 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

Yep

Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:09 am

Oh okay. I live in Columbus also.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1   

Back to top Go down

Essence Festival 2011!!!!!!!!1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1