Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)

Go down 
+5
SyRuP Sippa
parker lewis
Half
Laced With Slang
Justin Linker
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Empty
PostSubject: Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)   Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jul 2011, 8:56 pm

Does anyone ever use Zoverstocks to buy CDs from Amazon? Their shit is always dirt cheap and they seem to be quite good according to feedback. My question is, since they are from the UK, if I buy CDs from them will they be the American version of the CD or the UK version? Might be a stupid question since there may not be any difference between UK and US CDs, but with DVDs they are significant differences in packaging.

I know the initial thought would probably be "They're UK based, dipshit. Of course they will be the UK version!" I realize this, but seems like months ago I read that Zoverstocks bought their items from US markets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)   Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jul 2011, 9:17 pm

isnt their shipping really expensive??

and i cant answer your question cuz i dont know
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)   Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jul 2011, 9:27 pm

Yeah never used it
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)   Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jul 2011, 10:37 pm

I don't think its definitive either way. I mean, you can find imports domestically, but it's not the norm. So, more than likely you would get the foreign version. I don't think it's the usual for separate versions to be produced, anyway. I'm pretty sure it's the exception.

Unless you pay big, though, transatlantic shipping takes a long time. I have received packages in 3 days, too. Not through Amazon, though.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)   Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jul 2011, 10:47 pm

parker lewis wrote:
I don't think its definitive either way. I mean, you can find imports domestically, but it's not the norm. So, more than likely you would get the foreign version. I don't think it's the usual for separate versions to be produced, anyway. I'm pretty sure it's the exception.

Unless you pay big, though, transatlantic shipping takes a long time. I have received packages in 3 days, too. Not through Amazon, though.

Yeah, and from my experience imports always seem to have extra tracks or remixes...especially japanese import albums. Why do they get extra free shit?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)   Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jul 2011, 11:25 pm

If the item is listed under the american version you should get the american version and you can get your money back if you don't. British items have different codes and british DVDs are in a different region/format so they wouldn't even work in the US players. I've ordered a ton of stuff from zoverstocks and it is always the item advertised.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)   Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jul 2011, 5:57 am

What SRP said, plus: For less common releases or just in general, albums that never got pressed overseas, you will highly likely get a USA or Canada pressing that has ended up over there from someone importing it in the past. Otherwise, for more common stuff, I would think you might possibly receive something printed in UK, Holland, Germany, France but I haven't had this happen so far cos I haven't ordered any commons from them so I can't be 100% sure. I personally have quite a bit of stuff that's been pressed from those countries and these pressings are usually not inferior in any way it's just that some of the bigger company's have manufacturing plants in those countries. Some of the re-issues of older albums sometimes have artwork that isn't as clear or nice looking as the originals but that's about the only thing you might or might not need to be concerned with, oh and sometimes yeah, as was said there may be bonus tracks not on the American release or vice versa...otherwise you have nothing to worry about.

And when it comes to dvd's, SRP google your dvd player model for the region unlock!! Then you can go watch lots of crazy Australian films Big Grin
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)   Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jul 2011, 6:20 am

Like Dot and The Kangaroo? Because I got that shit in Region 1...
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)   Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jul 2011, 6:41 am

parker lewis wrote:

lmao !! i havent seen that one yet!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)   Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jul 2011, 10:19 am

I bought from this seller last year. I am unable to tell what version of the CD I got. I'm going to assume it was the UK version since the album I bought was from an English group.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)   Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jul 2011, 12:57 pm

Lounge wrote:
parker lewis wrote:

lmao !! i havent seen that one yet!

That was on HBO when I was little. I used to watch it, even though at the time the bunyip part was trippy and scared the shit out of me.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)   Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 10:17 am

I have got stuff from them pretty often. Real good seller. The shipping takes a little longer than usual but thats a given.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)   Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 4:12 am

I rather order from the UK than USA... it' usually gets here quciker for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)   Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zoverstocks (possible ridiculous question)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: