Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yao's Retiring

Go down 
+4
Laced With Slang
Funk Seoul Brother
thelundquist
SyRuP Sippa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Yao's Retiring Empty
PostSubject: Yao's Retiring   Yao's Retiring Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jul 2011, 7:07 pm

Sad sad news for one of the greatest players of the last few years. Him and Oden make me sad that big men have both a gift and a curse.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

Yao's Retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yao's Retiring   Yao's Retiring Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jul 2011, 7:22 pm

Man... I was really hoping he would be able to come back for us... I mean I like Chuck Hayes and all, but he shouldn't be a starting center in the NBA.

I wish him luck. He was one of the classiest and most talented players to don Rocket red.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Yao's Retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yao's Retiring   Yao's Retiring Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jul 2011, 11:45 pm

Real inscrutable guy. It really is sad to see how much he's fallen from grace. Hayes has done a marvelous job filling in and is criminally underrated.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

Yao's Retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yao's Retiring   Yao's Retiring Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jul 2011, 1:56 am

Hayes has filled in incredibly well, but he still doesn't produce enough offensively, and (as amazing as his defense is because of his strength, technique, and low center of gravity) he is still only 6'6" and that is a disadvantage no matter what else.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Yao's Retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yao's Retiring   Yao's Retiring Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jul 2011, 1:44 pm

One thing I like about the Chuckwagon is his ability to fill up the stat sheet. I remember vividly one time where he got a triple double. It was like a win for the working class.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

Yao's Retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yao's Retiring   Yao's Retiring Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jul 2011, 2:23 pm

I remember that game... that was awesome... Chuck handles business that's for sure... we just need more points from somewhere... if he can do it, then that would be ideal.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Yao's Retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yao's Retiring   Yao's Retiring Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jul 2011, 3:59 pm

Yao retiring makes me really sad. Always been a big fan
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Yao's Retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yao's Retiring   Yao's Retiring Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jul 2011, 4:29 pm

I wish i could say i was surprised or that i really care. I was never really a fan, but he conducted himself with class and dignity. Basketball and sports in general would benefit from more people like him.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Yao's Retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yao's Retiring   Yao's Retiring Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jul 2011, 7:14 pm

The thing I remember most about Yao is when Amare dunked on him in like '04. Steve Francis came to Yao's defense and 3 Suns had to hold Amare back. Ha!
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Yao's Retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yao's Retiring   Yao's Retiring Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jul 2011, 9:13 pm

Sad, sad news. One of my favorite players in any sport, dude deserves to be in the Hall just for impact alone. Big ups to Yao Ming!
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Yao's Retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yao's Retiring   Yao's Retiring Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011, 4:44 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I wish i could say i was surprised or that i really care. I was never really a fan, but he conducted himself with class and dignity. Basketball and sports in general would benefit from more people like him.

Co-Sign, I've never been much of a Yao fan but I respect the way he carried himself, he was a true gentleman. If he was more mobility his career probably would have lasted longer and he would have averaged 23 and 11 instead of 19 and 8.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yao's Retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yao's Retiring   Yao's Retiring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yao's Retiring
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: