Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Method Man vs. Bun B

Go down 
+7
Laced With Slang
Half
SyRuP Sippa
thelundquist
Tic706
D.Powell
T. Myers
11 posters

Who Ya Got?
Bun B
Method Man vs. Bun B Vote_lcap33%Method Man vs. Bun B Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Method Man
Method Man vs. Bun B Vote_lcap67%Method Man vs. Bun B Vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Method Man vs. Bun B Empty
PostSubject: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:56 am

Who is the better mc? While their styles are different, i feel their careers have taken a similar path. Both have classic albums with their groups. Both have decent solo careers. Both are guest appearance assassins. Both have very distinctive voices.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 9:29 am

Bun B is the man...his work on the UGK stuff as well as his memorable lines in Big Pimpin' and International Players Anthem just too name a few is killer....lyrically he is legit, and his voice is very distinct...he's in my top 80 emcees of all-time easily

But Meth is in my top 20 emcees of all-time....I just feel that Meth is the better emcee between the 2 of these guys in every aspect....meaning lyrically, flow, rhyme cadence, voice and even guest appearances...

so I gotta go with Meth here but both emcees are legends in their own right....
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 10:08 am

Its a toss up almost for me. Bun can be very cold and calulating on his guest appearances and seems to never take bars off, where I have heard Meth take some bars off here and there. Meth on the other hand has the better rhyme cadence and maybe better word play. They both have great deliveries and voices but to me Meth's comes off more fluid and natural.

I have Meth ranked higher than Bun on my fav rapper list so he wins. But objectively Bun has stayed more consistant that Meth in the rhyme department. No one really loses in this match up because they both are great at their craft.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 12:23 pm

Mef.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 2:43 pm

Bun B is the better rapper. better lyrics. better flow. more consistent, longer career. Just no competition really. And I love mef..
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 2:44 pm

Cyrus Malachi
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 3:53 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Bun B is the better rapper. better lyrics. better flow. more consistent, longer career. Just no competition really. And I love mef..

now this is the dumbest of all the responses I have read so far...lol

Yes this is all about opinion so IMO you can't make a stupid statement like this one and "love mef"...this sounds like someone who loves tex-ass first, and then loves the talent of an emcee second....because any body knows that the separation point between these 2 emcees is not that wide of a gap....I mean this isn't a comparison between Bun B and Souljah Boi....cause in that case then there is no competition at all.....

Terry had the right idea throwing up this comparison, because he knew it would spark intelligent debate....not this Shit Hit The Fan that pedro is throwing out...lol
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

Yes, the first opinion that disagrees with yours is the dumbest you've heard thus far. Career wise, Mef ain't even coming close to Bun B. That's a fact my friend. Flow wise, Bun B has a better clearer flow. Mef is just a slightly more animated version of Sean Price. I don't really expect you to be familiar with Bun B's career and work like you are with Mef so I forgive you for doing what you do best.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

I can throw one definite out there (well not really a definite at all lol, but pretty indisputable to me). Meth is wayyy better live than Bun.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:05 pm

I've seen Bun B live... he was just as good as any other rapper I've seen live... most rappers are not great live...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:05 pm

thelundquist wrote:
I can throw one definite out there (well not really a definite at all lol, but pretty indisputable to me). Meth is wayyy better live than Bun.

No. i've seen them both live(Meth twice), and Bun B was better than Meth for both shows.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:10 pm

@SRP I didn't say Bun was bad live. I just think Meth is better.

@Terry Meth is a much hyper KRS-style move-the-crowd MC imo.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:14 pm

thelundquist wrote:
@SRP I didn't say Bun was bad live. I just think Meth is better.

@Terry Meth is a much hyper KRS-style move-the-crowd MC imo.

Being animated doesn't make him better live. I saw Meth solo and with Wu. Bun's vocals were crisper and his crowd interaction was easily better. It is possible that Meth was off his game both times i saw him. Weed and alcohol can do some crazy things. Lord knows ODB was drunk off his ass for the Wu show. He threatened to piss on the front row.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:15 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Yes, the first opinion that disagrees with yours is the dumbest you've heard thus far. Career wise, Mef ain't even coming close to Bun B. That's a fact my friend. Flow wise, Bun B has a better clearer flow. Mef is just a slightly more animated version of Sean Price. I don't really expect you to be familiar with Bun B's career and work like you are with Mef so I forgive you for doing what you do best.

It's not about a difference of opinion pedro....it's about the way words are phrased but you know what?? it is what it is man.....I don't expect you to completely understand anything related to hip-hop anyway....as far as Bun B I'm very familiar with him and his entire career....UGK is one of the few groups out of the south that I have always respected.....
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:17 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I've seen Bun B live... he was just as good as any other rapper I've seen live... most rappers are not great live...

KRS-One is one of the best LIVE hip-hop performers I have ever seen....add Doug E. Fresh to that LIVE component too....as well as Run-D.M.C.

Hey pedro have you seen any of those hip-hop acts live before??? just asking???
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:21 pm

Run DMC is dead. I've seen DVDs of them all, but never live. Wouldn't wast my money on them.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:23 pm

Lol, damn I wish I could have seen ODB live...

I almost put the first time that Bun was probably better at delivering his rhymes live, but he also doesn't move around a whole lot.

but idk the time I saw Meth he was with Redman so maybe there was a chemistry factor going on. I also know that there aren't a ton of East Coast dudes that can get a Houston crowd hype, but Meth (& Red) did it (Ghostface opened for them and had less success).

I saw El Da Sensei try to move a Texas crowd and it was painful to watch... I felt bad for him 'cause he's ill but the crowd just didn't care...

Can Bun get an east coast crowd hype? I'm honestly asking, not putting it out there like he can't.

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:24 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Run DMC is dead. I've seen DVDs of them all, but never live. Wouldn't wast my money on them.

Laughing My Ass Off

see what I mean about the way you phrase words?? just stupid man...just plain stupid...I've always wondered why these heads on here let you affect them with that crazy shit that constantly flies out of your keyboard.....all they have to do is just read what you are writing....that way you become much easier to deal with....lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:28 pm

thelundquist wrote:

I almost put the first time that Bun was probably better at delivering his rhymes live, but he also doesn't move around a whole lot.

but idk the time I saw Meth he was with Redman so maybe there was a chemistry factor going on. I also know that there aren't a ton of East Coast dudes that can get a Houston crowd hype, but Meth (& Red) did it (Ghostface opened for them and had less success).

I saw El Da Sensei try to move a Texas crowd and it was painful to watch... I felt bad for him 'cause he's ill but the crowd just didn't care...

Can Bun get an east coast crowd hype? I'm honestly asking, not putting it out there like he can't.

Run-D.M.C.....got Houston hyped before and so has KRS-One, Public Enemy and LL Cool J as well.......they don't show the crowd reaction to him on this video but it's from 1987 and Houston sounds like they are locked into the Cool J experience......

Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:37 pm

D.Powell wrote:
thelundquist wrote:

Run-D.M.C.....got Houston hyped before and so has KRS-One, Public Enemy and LL Cool J as well.......they don't show the crowd reaction to him on this video but it's from 1987 and Houston sounds like they are locked into the Cool J experience......

I feel like the time period had a lot to do with that though. i"m not trying to disparage any of those dudes, and they are all stellar performers, but I think it would be interesting to see if they could still rock Houston. Now that H-town has more of it's own defined hip-hop sound and scene.

I actually really hope KRS comes through here soon. That would be awesome to see!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 5:36 pm

There is no hip hop live show in the world fucking with Tech N9ne. Period.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 7:17 pm

There is no comment less relevant to this conversation. Period.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:22 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

EHHHH, Bun B's solos are all average to below average...

Meth has the better solo easily, and i prefer his overall solos more too...hell Pimp C has a better solo career than Bun B so idk where you're going with that career-wise statement, explain
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011, 10:27 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Its a toss up almost for me. Bun can be very cold and calulating on his guest appearances and seems to never take bars off, where I have heard Meth take some bars off here and there. Meth on the other hand has the better rhyme cadence and maybe better word play. They both have great deliveries and voices but to me Meth's comes off more fluid and natural.

But objectively Bun has stayed more consistant that Meth in the rhyme department. No one really loses in this match up because they both are great at their craft.

My feelings exactly.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011, 9:01 am

Man, this is really tough for me. Both of them are top 25 at best, but no worse than top 50 to me. I think UGK has the better discog than Wu but not by much. Meth has the best solo between the two, and his solo career overall is a little better. I think Bun's flow and delivery is better, but lyrically Meth has an advantage. It may seem like Bun B gets him on guest appearances since it's fresh in my mind, but Meth was killing every guest verse in the 90's. With a gun to my head, i'd pick Bun B, but these two are about as equal as possible IMO.
Back to top Go down
Red Clay
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
Red Clay

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011, 7:38 pm

I would've never thought to compare these two...but I give the edge to Bun.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jul 2011, 6:40 pm

Meth wins this matchup, it's not a blowout but line for line I feel that Method Man is a better overall lyricist and overall MC.

Both of these guys are better when in a group setting, but one on one Meth wins.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 5:28 pm

The B in Bun B means boring. Bun is a rapper benefitting from southern privilege. Yeah, Bun been in the game for awhile but so has Fruitwan. Id say Fruitwan and Bun B a better comparison. Meth is on another level
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Method Man vs. Bun B   Method Man vs. Bun B Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Method Man vs. Bun B
Page 1 of 1