Which album is more socially relevant?

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:42 am

Today? I would probably say Death Certificate. Back when each album dropped I would say right about even.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:31 pm

Bias aside i'll say Death Certificate because Cube touched on a mentality that still effects blacks today. Also imo the message was not always crystal clear on Nations where I got the message of DC point blank.

Wayne
One in a Million

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Wed 27 Jul 2011, 8:08 am

TicNitty706 wrote:
i'll say Death Certificate because Cube touched on a mentality that still effects blacks today.
Back to top Go down
Red Clay
Half Dolla
Half Dolla

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Wed 27 Jul 2011, 11:11 am

DC
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:38 pm

It Takes A Nation is flat out more relevant than Death Certificate. All bias aside, people still talk about that album to this day for a reason. The subject matter on both albums is about even, but Nation Of Millions has far more classic tracks. DC isn't even Cube's clear consensus best or most relevant album. It's a classic yes, but not as relevant as It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back, not even close.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:52 pm

Terry asked which one is more SOCIALLY relevant.

I haven't seen any afrocentric brothers running around for at least 20 years. I see people living the DC lifestyle to this day.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:53 pm

KJ, I'm not sure you understood the question.

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Wed 27 Jul 2011, 5:28 pm

Well technically KJ's argument is sound...because "socially relevant" has loads of possible definitions.

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Wed 27 Jul 2011, 6:06 pm

KJ just sees Public Enemy and Nations Of Millions. For him to say "easily" and "far more" shows he is talking out his arse. Also the reason people talk about Nations maybe more than DC is for the following reasons:

1. Bias
2. Nations dropped in the 80's and was very different for the time.
3. Nations is usually the concensus best PE album. Where Cube has at least 3 albums to choose from for number one.
4. Nations is a "safe" black power album compared to DC. If I was white media I would want more blacks playing Nations opposed to DC.
5. PE was on a major known label.

Last edited by TicNitty706 on Mon 08 Aug 2011, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Wed 27 Jul 2011, 7:22 pm

Public Enemy
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Wed 27 Jul 2011, 7:28 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
KJ just sees Public Enemy and Nations Of Millions. For him to say "easily" and "far more" shows he is talking out his arse. Also the reason people stalk about Nations maybe more than DC is for the following reasons:

1. Bias
3. Nations is usually the concensus best PE album. Where Cube has at least 3 albums to choose from for number one.
4. Nations is a "safe" black power album compared to DC. If I was white media I would want more blacks playing Nations opposed to DC.

Laughing My Ass Off

1.Hey Kev everyone on this board is BIAS...so that answer is pretty BIAS in my opinion....

2.okay and??

3. where does this apply to which of these albums is more SOCIALLY RELEVANT???

4.neither album is "safe"...if anything Nations scared the shit out of more white people than Death Certificate did....Chuck was addressing a bunch of scary shit and the entire style of the music was rebellious and LOUD.....DC kept it very Louis Farakkhan, and was rebellious in it's own right as well...neither album was "safe" to the suburbs man...do your homework on this....

5.Def Jam was a major label but so was Priority, and again what does that have to do with the question that Terry originally asked man???
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Wed 27 Jul 2011, 7:35 pm

Death Certificate is more relevant. As much as I love Nation of Millions, it does sound a little dated.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Wed 27 Jul 2011, 7:37 pm

Jack of Spades wrote:
Death Certificate is more relevant. As much as I love Nation of Millions, it does sound a little dated.
Score = 0

????

SOCIALLY RELEVANT???
Back to top Go down
wiLLThaJacker
Woof
Woof

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Mon 08 Aug 2011, 1:04 am

My word Powell, settle down lol. There both on Par with eachother relavance wise id say.. Death Certificate is more Anarchy and Rage... not to say that Nation of Millions isnt but its not as IN YOUR FACE as DC.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   Mon 08 Aug 2011, 7:20 pm

D.Powell wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
KJ just sees Public Enemy and Nations Of Millions. For him to say "easily" and "far more" shows he is talking out his arse. Also the reason people talk about Nations maybe more than DC is for the following reasons:

1. Bias

Laughing My Ass Off

1.Hey Kev everyone on this board is BIAS...so that answer is pretty BIAS in my opinion....

I was speaking on media outlets at the time. And KJ is a big PE fan.

2.okay and??

It stood out so much due to it being in a league of its own at the time. May got overhyped or rated because of that.

3. where does this apply to which of these albums is more SOCIALLY RELEVANT???

I was responding to KJ's post about why PE was more popular or talked about.

4.neither album is "safe"...if anything Nations scared the shit out of more white people than Death Certificate did....Chuck was addressing a bunch of scary shit and the entire style of the music was rebellious and LOUD.....DC kept it very Louis Farakkhan, and was rebellious in it's own right as well...neither album was "safe" to the suburbs man...do your homework on this....

LMFAO!!!!!! This shows how out of touch with reality you are. And what was scary?

5.Def Jam was a major label but so was Priority, and again what does that have to do with the question that Terry originally asked man???

Your best point.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation   

Back to top Go down

Death Certificate vs It Takes A Nation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1