Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That 'Television' Contraption

Go down 
+8
Half
KJ Styles
Myestro
parker lewis
Dang! Trotter
thelundquist
SyRuP Sippa
Shaun
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

That 'Television' Contraption Empty
PostSubject: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 2:37 am

KJ Styles wrote:
NCIS is the best show on TV IMO, followed by Breaking Bad. I know this isn't the TV thread but since y'all were talkin bout shows I thought I'd bring that up.

Now you have a place to bring it up
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 2:58 am

I just went to some ABC event where they previewed some of their falls show... the new tim allen show sucks ass, no surprise there... it's pandering the tea party crowd.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 3:50 am

Louie
Wilfred
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Weeds
Eastbound & Down
Entourage
Dexter
The Wire
The Office
Parks & Recreation
Community
South Park
The Simpsons (seasons 3-16)
Family Guy
Happy Endings
Daily Show
Colbert Report

are some of my favorite shows
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 4:48 am

DEADLIEST WARRIOR--BEST SHOW EVER
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 5:42 am

Dang! Trotter wrote:
DEADLIEST WARRIOR--BEST SHOW EVER

fuck yeah. that show is badass
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 8:49 am

thelundquist wrote:
Louie
Wilfred
Weeds
Eastbound & Down
Entourage
Dexter
The Wire
The Office
Parks & Recreation
Community
South Park
Family Guy
Happy Endings
Daily Show
Colbert Report

I don't really dig The Office or P&R... strangely enough I do like pretty much all of the actors involved in both shows, though. Family Guy doesn't hold my attention anymore for some reason. Never heard of Happy Endings. Jury's still out on Wilfred. I don't want to like it but it's honestly entertaining.

Otherwise I would add Breaking Bad, Justified, and Treme as my favorite running shows right now.

30 Rock
Workaholics
Hard Times of RJ Berger
Reno 911
Bored to Death
Misfits (UK)

Looking forward to Death Valley.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 4:09 pm

parker lewis wrote:
thelundquist wrote:
Louie
Wilfred
Weeds
Eastbound & Down
Entourage
Dexter
The Wire
The Office
Parks & Recreation
Community
South Park
Family Guy
Happy Endings
Daily Show
Colbert Report

I don't really dig The Office or P&R... strangely enough I do like pretty much all of the actors involved in both shows, though. Family Guy doesn't hold my attention anymore for some reason. Never heard of Happy Endings. Jury's still out on Wilfred. I don't want to like it but it's honestly entertaining.

Otherwise I would add Breaking Bad, Justified, and Treme as my favorite running shows right now.

30 Rock
Workaholics
Hard Times of RJ Berger
Reno 911
Bored to Death
Misfits (UK)

Looking forward to Death Valley.

I forgot 30 Rock & Bored to Death, great shows. I haven't really loved The Office since like season 3, but those first 3 were amazing. I feel the same on Family Guy, but it's still good for a laugh here and there. Happy Endings is a new sitcom on ABC. It's not the most high-minded stuff, but it's surprisingly good. When I first saw a preivew for Wilfred I thought it looked pretty stupid, also Elijah Wood on TV just seemed weird to me, but I gave it a chance and got hooked. I love the darkness. I've heard nothing but good things abut Breaking Bad. I need to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 4:36 pm

I watch/like:

Game of Thrones (obviously)
Justified
Entourage
True Blood
How I Met Your Mother
Hung
Eastbound & Down
Sons of Anarchy
Nikita
The Big Bang Theory
Hawaii Five-0

I wish Deadwood, Rome and Carnivale continued to run. Also, wish The Cape never got cancelled.

Also wish

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 5:24 pm

"Family Guy doesn't hold my attention anymore for some reason."

After it switched to HD, they really fell off. I can only think of a couple of episodes I've liked since
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 8:31 pm

Some of my favs (not in any particular order)

NCIS (both the original and LA)
The First 48
House
Breaking Bad
Law & Order SVU
Hot In Cleveland
Entourage
Burn Notice
Necessary Roughness
Psych
Community
Boardwalk Empire

Alcatraz (Fox) and Person Of Interest (CBS) seem interesting, looking forward to their debuts this fall.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 8:43 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Some of my favs (not in any particular order)

NCIS (both the original and LA)
The First 48
House
Breaking Bad
Law & Order SVU
Hot In Cleveland
Entourage
Burn Notice
Necessary Roughness
Psych
Community
Boardwalk Empire

Alcatraz (Fox) and Person Of Interest (CBS) seem interesting, looking forward to their debuts this fall.

Suspect
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 8:56 pm

Don't hate, Hot In Cleveland is HILARIOUS! Best comedy on TV easily IMO.

Betty White is timelessly funny, and Valerie Bertinelli can STILL get it!
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 9:32 pm

I knew I forgot one. I love Boardwalk Empire also. I was going to say that I was looking forward to season 2, then got sidetracked trying to remember all the shows I like.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 8:11 pm

Shaun wrote:
"Family Guy doesn't hold my attention anymore for some reason."

After it switched to HD, they really fell off. I can only think of a couple of episodes I've liked since

It hasn't been any good since about Season 5 or so. When Stewie went from a diabolical baby genius to a closet homo I lost interest. Nowadays, the only times I'll watch FG is in syndication.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 8:11 pm

'Omar' is on Community this season. cool...
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 1:09 am

In my opinion, CBS has the best overall primetime lineup of all the network stations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 9:01 am

Shows I DVR since I work nights:

Monday Night Raw
Daily Show
Fringe
South Park
Tosh.0
The Office
Friday Night Smackdown
Ring Of Honor

Shows I Watch Pretty Regularly

Family Guy
American Dad
Cleveland Show
College Football on Saturdays (Especially ISU games, Iowa games because of my wife, and Ok if I get a chance)
NFL on Sundays (especially Lions if they're actually on tv, but my wife is a fan of the Broncos, and if neither team is on we end up watching the Cowboys because of my sister in law, or the Colts because of my mother in law)

Cartoons I Watch With My Son

Transformers Prime
Fanboy & Chum Chum
Planet Sheen
sometimes Spongebob
Voltron Force
Thundercats
Avengers
Batman Brave & the Bold (very 60's campy show, hella funny sometimes)

I used to watch but I feel fell off
House
Simpsons
Community
Parks & Rec
Boondocks

I also am going to give Person of Interest a chance, but JJ Abrams last new show (about the spy couple) reeeeally sucked.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 11:17 am

In what way did Community 'fall off'? I just ripped through season 2, and that show is the smartest shit on television. No competition
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 2:33 pm

"Smartest"? Really? Big Bang Theory?

Regardless...I just feel like Chevy Chase stopped giving a shit, much like Baldwin on 30 Rock (only Chase started much quicker). The acting is subpar, and the jokes, while usually funny, seem like they've all been done other places. I think the focus is definitely on story over jokes, which is fine, just not my thing.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 6:29 pm

A Guest wrote:

Regardless...I just feel like Chevy Chase stopped giving a shit, much like Baldwin on 30 Rock (only Chase started much quicker). The acting is subpar, and the jokes, while usually funny, seem like they've all been done other places. I think the focus is definitely on story over jokes, which is fine, just not my thing.

check your PM
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 6:35 pm

A Guest wrote:

I can only assume that you're missing a lot of what's going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 7:11 pm

Like what, exactly? Complication doesn't make any thing any better, and this is a matter of opinion, after all...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 9:00 pm

I would say that Community has more inside jokes and tongue-in-cheek dialogue than any other sitcom going. The character development and arcs are definitely the most ambitious for any 30 minute network show.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

Jeffrey is just a hater... I love the show. It is smart, funny, and just all around great. I was mad they cancelled Outsourced though.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 9:05 pm

Well, opinions are opinions... but I don't see how it 'fell off'. He either never liked it or didn't really pay attention to the second season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 9:26 pm

Ok, KJ...whatever.

No I liked the pilot a lot, and I enjoyed the first few episodes, but by mid-season I was really really bored. And yeah, the writing is ambitious, OVER ambitious, and like I said I appreciate story over comedy but it's not something I really LIKE. I want my comedies to be funny without running the same damn jokes into the ground (a la Arrested Development, which I'm sure you also love and consider "smart").
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 9:50 pm

Iowa games? Does anyone make any James Vandenberg jokes referencing Mortis or Wrath?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 9:59 pm

Not yet...but soon...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 10:03 pm

I don't know what's going on here.

That better had been as in 'Kid Joe' muthafucka...
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 10:15 pm

arrested development is the shit... but I just recently (within the last month) saw that show.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm

A Guest wrote:

I used to watch but I feel fell off
House
Simpsons
Community
Parks & Rec
Boondocks

I also am going to give Person of Interest a chance, but JJ Abrams last new show (about the spy couple) reeeeally sucked.

House fell off somewhat, but it's still good. This season has me intrigued with who is going to replace Cuddy and how House is going to get out of jail.

I don't feel that the Boondocks fell off at all. I really liked the 3rd season a lot save for the Ruckus episode in which he was singing. Unfortunately though it ended thanks to lazy ass McGruder. He'll never make more money or be more well known in anything else he ever does.

Saw Person of Interest the other night and was impressed. Probably the best new scripted show of the season. I'll check out Pan-Am tonight too since the Sunday Night game sucks ass.

Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 7:33 pm

Shows I watch regularly

NCIS
NCIS: Los Angeles
Monday Night RAW
NFL Football
Friday Night Smackdown
House
The First 48
Beyond Scared Straight
X-Factor
Law & Order SVU

Shows I DVR

Breaking Bad
Person Of Interest
Hot In Cleveland
Burn Notice
Psych

Shows I used to watch but they fell off
Animation Domination (although I'll watch tonight since the football game sucks, I've never been an American Dad or Bob's Burgers fan though)
CSI
Two & A Half Men (Charlie Sheen>>>>>Ashton Kutcher)

Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 9:32 pm

Sons of Anarchy
Eastbound & Down
Game of Thrones
South Park
Wilfred
Its Always Sunny
Pawn Stars
Iron Chef America
Chopped
Bizarre Foods

About the only things I watch on the reg for the most part. I'm almost 2 whole months behind in wrestling. So I do need to catch up on that.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 9:50 pm

Hey KJ, the newer episodes of American Dad are 1000x better than the old ones and everything else on Animation Domination these days
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 10:15 pm

Shaun wrote:
Hey KJ, the newer episodes of American Dad are 1000x better than the old ones and everything else on Animation Domination these days

Yeah I actually liked tonights episode. The Cleveland Show was the best of the AD shows tonight with Ric Flair guest starring, and Peter helping Cleveland out at the end.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 10:16 pm

Cise wrote:
Sons of Anarchy
Eastbound & Down
Game of Thrones
South Park
Wilfred
Its Always Sunny
Pawn Stars
Iron Chef America
Chopped
Bizarre Foods

About the only things I watch on the reg for the most part. I'm almost 2 whole months behind in wrestling. So I do need to catch up on that.

The Rock is gonna team with John Cena at Survivor Series in November.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 10:34 pm

Cise wrote:
Sons of Anarchy
Eastbound & Down
Game of Thrones
South Park
Wilfred
Its Always Sunny
Pawn Stars
Iron Chef America
Chopped
Bizarre Foods

SoA is awesome.

And if GoT continues to remain as faithful to the books as season 1 did (to the first book), then season 2 is going to kick ass, and season 3 will be incredible.

I started reading the books after season 1 ended...I'm about three quarters of the way through the third. I just can't stop reading. Every chapter seems to end with a little hook, like an episode of LOST, or the episodes from season 1. Gripping stuff, though I've heard books 4 and 5 aren't nearly as good as the first three.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 11:02 pm

The Colts/Steelers game is good...
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 11:44 pm

really good... the colts defense finally showed up today... and that painter fool has some potential... joseph addai looked like he was 2 years younger...
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep 2011, 12:47 pm

I was surprised on how good that game was. I ended up turning to it after Animation Domination was over. I heard Collingsworth say that they never even really practiced Painter all that much went Peyton was around, THAT was their mistake and the reason why dude wasn't very good. He may well have some potential. He's not gonna be Peyton, but he could prove to be at least serviceable. Collins just needs to retire.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep 2011, 12:57 pm

Yeah, Collins really needs to go. I hadn't seen him live yet this year, but wow he was very bad on some of his passes. Painter was not much better, but he has an excuse and on the last drive where they did score he showed some nice passes to Garcon.

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 9:18 pm

Is anyone going to watch American Horror Story on FX this Wednesday? Looks interesting...
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 11:12 pm

The season premiere of House was AWESOME! I'm also glad that Foreman is gonna be the new Dean of Medicine Big Grin
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 11:15 pm

The season premier of the Tigers beating the yankees was great as well, and episode two tonight is playing out nicely.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeTue 04 Oct 2011, 4:38 pm

ColdBoy456 wrote:
The season premier of the Tigers beating the yankees was great as well, and episode two tonight is playing out nicely.

I LOL'ed...and +1'ed.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeTue 04 Oct 2011, 9:53 pm

ColdBoy456 wrote:

Well that series is being cancelled after two episodes, whereas Tony Romo starring in "The Most Mistake Prone QB in the World" has become a smash hit and has been given a full season pick up. As usual though, it'll be off the air right after Christmas.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeTue 04 Oct 2011, 9:57 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
ColdBoy456 wrote:

Well that series is being cancelled after two episodes, whereas Tony Romo starring in "The Most Mistake Prone QB in the World" has become a smash hit and has been given a full season pick up. As usual though, it'll be off the air right after Christmas.

+1
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 4:59 pm

That was uncharacteristically on point for a KJ offensive... anybody think maybe he cut & pasted that shit from Berman's twitter or some shit?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 5:10 pm

KJ has been steppin' his game up lately
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 9:16 pm

I tuned in to watch Nova today, but he got pulled after two innings. I thought he was "great" KJ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That 'Television' Contraption
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: