Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LL vs. Canibus

Go down 
+3
Jack of Spades
TheHazardous
Wayne
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeSun 04 Sep 2011, 7:04 pm

After recently playing "2nd Round Knockout" a few days back, I begin to think about this battle again. Remember LL, Canibus, Meth, Red, and DMX coming together for the classic "4,3,2,1" joint, and LL wanting Canibus to change the "let me borrow the mic on your arm" line, and LL supposedly was to change some lines in his verse, only for Canibus to change his line, but LL didn't. Do any of you think this was premeditated on LL's end basically in an effort to bring a spark to his career again (which it did) or was it an extreme coincidence?
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 10:04 am

I honestly think LL was smelling himself. He was hip-hop royalty and Canibus was a rookie. I don't think he did it to start beef, I just don't think he gave a fuck about Canibus.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 8:17 pm

I think it was Canibus who tried to jump start his own career.

Also, Bis won the battle IMO.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 9:36 pm

It was a Pyrrhic victory then.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 12:18 pm

Yes Wayne, I do believe that was a pre-meditated move by LL and he never had any intention of changing his verse, which was a bitch move on his part IMO.

Canibus won this battle if you're strictly talking about rhymes on wax, but LL ended up getting the last laugh because Bis failed to make an impact on the rap game following this battle, most of which had to do with his sub-par debut album.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 12:48 pm

Jack of Spades wrote:
I think it was Canibus who tried to jump start his own career.

Also, Cool J won the battle IMO.

when you have no career to be mentioned of then you have been defeated...plain and simple and in this case Can-I-Bus was defeated.....he has made albums, he has made videos, he has made a little bit of money....but no one saw that lyrical demon having the bullshit hip-hop career that he wound up having....so in that case Cool wins going away.....also if we are talking about lyrically then it's tied up IMO....because Cool J ripped his ass with Rasta Imposta and of course Bis ripped Cool J on 2nd Round Knockout......but the entire battle was won by Cool J.....
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 1:02 pm

Can-I-Bus' career and this battle have no direct correlation.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 1:06 pm

ColdBoy456 wrote:
Can-I-Bus' career and this battle have no direct correlation.

Pssh! Get The Fuck Out

Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 1:21 pm

1. This battle helped his career - he came out with the most hype out of it and more popular than LL at the time.

2. His career started falling due to HIS OWN inability to make dope songs. His debut just didn't connect with the masses and he didn't show he could be a complete emcee.

3. After his second CD flopped two, he killed his own career with wack inconsistent albums and pointless beef.

His career has nothing to do with this battle, simply put. That's like saying Nas lost the battle to Jay Z because Jay-z has become an international icon since and Nas struggles to sell gold.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 2:08 pm

ColdBoy456 wrote:
1. This battle helped his career - he came out with the most hype out of it and more popular than LL at the time.

2. His career started falling due to HIS OWN inability to make dope songs. His debut just didn't connect with the masses and he didn't show he could be a complete emcee.

3. After his second CD flopped two, he killed his own career with wack inconsistent albums and pointless beef.

His career has nothing to do with this battle, simply put. That's like saying Nas lost the battle to Jay Z because Jay-z has become an international icon since and Nas struggles to sell gold.

Get The Fuck Out going against an ICON in the game had a bunch to do with his failures.....plain and simple....

Nas and Jay-Z is a bad comparison because both of those guys are ICONS......Bis's career was helped to tank by taking on a legend.....further proving that Cool J won the overall battle....

Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 2:11 pm

He got on the radio and his profile was raised with this battle, how did his career tank because of the battle?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 2:59 pm

I usually disagree on all things hip-hop related with SRP, but I completely agree with him here.

Bis did more to hurt his own career than LL did. Neither of LL's diss tracks toward Bis were as good as Second Round K.O. so Bis won the battle on wax. He just failed to capitalize on that victory afterwards because his albums were nothing special save for Rip The Jacker.

I agree that LL has had a much better career than Canibus, and is a first ballot Hall Of Famer whereas Bis wouldn't make it, but if we're talking simply rhymes vs rhymes, Canibus won this battle.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 5:22 pm

This is old news. And LL did jump the gun
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 6:23 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I usually disagree on all things hip-hop related with SRP, but I completely agree with him here.

Bis did more to hurt his own career than LL did. Neither of LL's diss tracks toward Bis were as good as Second Round K.O. so Bis won the battle on wax. He just failed to capitalize on that victory afterwards because his albums were nothing special save for Rip The Jacker.

I agree that LL has had a much better career than Canibus, and is a first ballot Hall Of Famer whereas Bis wouldn't make it, but if we're talking simply rhymes vs rhymes, Canibus won this battle.

Bis hurt his career by attempting to battle a legend....even KRS has said this mayne:

https://youtu.be/kmW447Lhvnk

it helped to make his career tank...as far as on wax 2nd Round Knockout is a great diss record....and it took Cool J 2 diss records to match it but IMO he did....that "battle" on wax was a tie IN MY OPINION......but when we talk about how that "battle" affected each one's career well then it's no contest......the samething that happened to Canibus is what happened to Antoinette....MC Lyte destroyed her career......she took on a legend and got smoked......with Nas and Jay-Z, Cube and Common or Biggie and Pac since both parties involved were ICONIC then it was all about the battle on wax if you will because neither one could really hurt the other in terms of career wise.....

Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 8:22 pm

In a nutshell Bis won the battle but lost the war. People will remember 2nd Round KO not Rasta Imposta.

Would we as a hip-hop audience have respected Canibus if he hadn't taken a shot at LL after he spread him all over the airwaves? Everybody and they Mama knew LL was talking about Canibus.

Canibus shot his career in the foot after peeing on his own buzz with subpar follow ups. I like 2000 BC and Rip and other joints by the man but they aren't universally accessible. He could've of reconstituted his buzz if he had gone back to the drawing board and started lacing guest appearances and not taken a shot at Wyclef. He acted like he didn't hear the beat he was rapping on or wrote the lyrics that came out of his own mouth.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 8:34 pm

Once his career tanked, he tried to jump start it again by going after Em. That one was a mistake. Can-I-Bitch sealed the coffin on that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LL vs. Canibus Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL vs. Canibus   LL vs. Canibus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LL vs. Canibus
Page 1 of 1