Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Sat 11 Jul 2009, 9:40 pm

For those who've dare to tread in dark waters, what have you bumped and what do you like?
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Sat 11 Jul 2009, 9:46 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
For those who've dare to tread in dark waters, what have you bumped and what do you like?

Reggaeton man, spanish hip hop.
From all the artists I've heard though, Calle 13 has to be the best, pretty witty guy, guess you could compare him to Eminem in some ways.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Sat 11 Jul 2009, 10:44 pm

randomly heard this and KGR rips it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Sat 11 Jul 2009, 10:50 pm

If we're counting Canada, I like

Rugged Intellect
Swollen Members
Dan-E-O
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 1:28 am

Japan
Nujabes
Shon-Ski
Son Of Ran
Ghibli
Ino Hidefumi
Nomak
Cradle Orchestra
Michita

Holland
Pete Philly & Perquisite
Arts The Beatdoctor
The Q4

France

Dela
Jazz Liberatorz

Germany
LSD
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 2:17 am

Anyone ever heard of Gunshot? Straight outta UK. VERY dope shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 2:27 am

Lyrical Commission from Austrailia

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 2:49 am

A bunch of stuff.

Klashnekoff--Tussle With theBeast
Coppertop Chapter 7

Everything by Moka Only
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 2:55 am

I also like to mention I recently bumped Riveria Regime (Canada) And they are like a wack version of a Canadian Bone Thugs. I made a negative comment about them on YOUTUBE and somebody (most likely from PLR's camp) replied to my comment and said I was a faggot and should go fuck ,y mother. lol
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 3:01 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 6:31 pm

Riviera Regime are actually from Israel, though they currently reside in Canada. Also, they sound nothing like Bone Thugs.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 9:51 pm

Sematix the Sorcera is from England. He develops some nasty beats, and his rhymes are generally on point.

White Lotus is out of Canada, not sure exactly where. I have a couple of his albums. Bronze Nazereth appears on both.

Kaleshnekoff is part of the Terra Firma collective. Their album The Foundation is easily a 4 star effort.

There's these two dudes called Mind Over Matter from Australia or New Zealand. Fun party/smoker hip hop done well.

You guys should seriously check out Semantix myspace. The poduction is top notch, on the darker side. I think N3R0 particularly would dig it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 9:46 pm

I've checked out:

UK:
S.O.S (sons of south)

Holland:
Pete Philly and Prerequisite

Canada:
Shad
Classified
Moka Only

Japan:
Son of Ran
Dj Deckstream

Iran
Erfan (preety good even though I don't understand what he's saying)
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 11:15 pm

Good call on Shad.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Tue 14 Jul 2009, 1:58 pm

Shad is probably my favorite rapper out right now. Period.

Canadian rap has been at the forefront for me in terms of listening tendencies. Moka Only, Shad, and k-os are all in my top 10 most listened on last.fm

Dela (great albums), Nujabes (ditto), Jazz Liberatorz (likewise), etc.... Doesn't matter to me as long as it's dope. I do have trouble getting around annoying accents, though. I typically avoid anyone with a heavy accent that isn't named Slick Rick. lol No idea why, though...

Esco, I thought Reggaeton was Spanish reggae?
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
steez
Half Dolla
Half Dolla

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 1:48 am

Drunken Tiger from south korea. they rap in both korean and english, and their english raps are pretty dope once you get past the accents. they have dopee production though, it has that gritty, raw 90s NY sound. they were also going to tour with wutang back in the day but i guess it never happened
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 2:28 am

Speaking of the "Wu" sound...the Lin Brotherz (aka The Henchmen or Fourmation) of Holland are another talented group. Composed of Moongod Allah, Cilvaringz, and Barrackjudah. Good production for most of their stuff. They use a lot of kung-fu samples and whatnot in their songs.

Last edited by Cise Starr on Thu 16 Jul 2009, 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 3:14 pm

I like Cilvaringz...thats about as foreign as it gets with me. Some of the cats outta canada are dope.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 7:37 pm

Didn't realize the Caribbean twang was so prevalent.

From the youtubes I heard I enjoyed:
Moongod Allah (I think Wu heads will like it)
Roots Manuva
Nujabees

The rest:
Drunken Tiger (I only listened to the first so I'll try peeping the others later but bottom I don't know what he's saying)
Club DOGO, nice beats but don't what they saying
Dizzee (everybody raves about him so I'll give him a few more spins but he's difficult to understand)
The Bug (I understood him much better and the production was good)

I'll have to try a DJ krush comp, he's nice on the wheels of steel.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 8:53 pm

TheHazardous wrote:

Moongod Allah (I think Wu heads will like it)

You should check out Ten Tigers Of Kwangtung and Return Of The Ten Tigers. Both are around 4.5 stars for me. The production is very good on both albums. Wu heads would definitely like it...if they can put up with the bizarre accents on a couple songs.
Back to top Go down
steez
Half Dolla
Half Dolla

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 10:24 pm

I have to put another drunken tiger video up, i thought they stopped rapping in english a a few years back but they put out a track with RAKIM on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Thu 16 Jul 2009, 10:45 pm

Dope to see another Drunken Tiger fan on here. "I Want You" has been a long time favorite for me, that beat is just sick. I though they sample that beat better than Camp Lo did.

Here's a couple of dope Korean hip hop songs you might dig Steez:

^^^the intro to the song is kinda long though so you might want to skip the first 2 minutes and 15 seconds to the song. It may not be a full hip hop song, but I love this song nevertheless.

EDIT: And here's one for everybody else on the forum. It's in English!!!

^^^Shing02 is dope!

DOUBLE EDIT:

^^^This is the version I remember bumping constantly when I was a youngsta. The productions sounds cleaner. The girl's voice sounds way better on this one too.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Fri 17 Jul 2009, 12:17 am

Here's a couple videos with Semantix's production. The top track on his myspace is probably the dopest, though.

http://www.myspace.com/semantixthasorcera

Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   Sat 18 Jul 2009, 12:02 am

Here are the ones I been checking..

Soweto Kinch
Dj Mitsu
Mingus 24th letta
Cesay
Shingo Suzuki
The Connection
Dj Ryow
Lewis Parker

Co-sign
Dela
Jazz Liberators
Nujabes
Pete Philly & Perquisite

Peace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?   

Back to top Go down

Foreign Hip-Hop (or Non-American), what have you bumped? What do you like?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1