Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence Empty
PostSubject: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence   Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 2:38 pm

Well, after two spins, this is probably a 3.5 for me. Go up or down half a star. Not bad at all, Vinnie is Vinnie, Jus Allah isn't horrible, though Vinnie really dominates the album. The production is very Stoupe-like - just with the samples they use and the style they use they got the producers to really adapt to the Stoupe style, so it's not bad, but it still feels more like a Vinnie Paz album than a real JMT album.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence   Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 5:02 pm

Props for doin work in the reviews section man... I didn't even know this was out. Will check out soon. I have some time tonight to chip away at the quite sizable 2011 hip hop to check out list I have.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence   Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 11:44 pm

this isn't out yet, I think it drops in October...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence   Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep 2011, 8:36 am

Did it leak or did you get an advance copy?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence   Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep 2011, 8:55 am

advance
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence   Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep 2011, 10:21 am

ah, it seemed a little early for a leak, but the Paz solo leaked really early too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence   Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep 2011, 10:46 am

This actually did leak, but the main sites had their uploads pulled reaaaaally fast which I don't think I've seen happen with an indie release before.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence   Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 1:34 pm

I picked this up a few nights ago, and i agree it feels like a Paz solo record with Jus Allah sprinkled in. That's not a bad thing for me though. I'm a huge fan of SOTA, and Paz has a great ear for beats IMO. Maybe i got into JMT too late to really be attached to that Stoupe sound, but i definitely dig this album.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence   Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm

I havent heard this yet but i miss Stoupe Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence   Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence Icon_minitimeFri 04 Nov 2011, 4:28 pm

this is by far the most entertaining album ive heard all year
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence   Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence Icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2011, 7:11 pm

Its def a good listen---Jus Allah def picked it up after History of Violence..i found myself really digging his verses...Cosign on the Paz solo vibe of the album..but i think thats the way its gonna go from now on..Its Paz's show.

I think anyone seeking the Violent by Design style needa jus can it cuz their not going back to it. My friend said,"VbD should be the standard for all JMT albums"..although im one of the very few on this forum that see that as an innovative album--the style(beats/rhymes/themes) is soo "back catalogue" you really have to compare future releases to "Servants in Heaven.."
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence   Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence Icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 12:19 am

ACRID" wrote:
Its def a good listen---Jus Allah def picked it up after History of Violence..i found myself really digging his verses...Cosign on the Paz solo vibe of the album..but i think thats the way its gonna go from now on..Its Paz's show.

I think anyone seeking the Violent by Design style needa jus can it cuz their not going back to it. My friend said,"VbD should be the standard for all JMT albums"..although im one of the very few on this forum that see that as an innovative album--the style(beats/rhymes/themes) is soo "back catalogue" you really have to compare future releases to "Servants in Heaven.."

i agree with not expecting another VBD, its sad, but ive come to accept it. This album is very entertaining, Jus Allah's verses are pure entertainment and awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence   Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: