Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)

Go down 
+3
Laced With Slang
Myestro
SyRuP Sippa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Empty
PostSubject: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 12:23 pm

M.O.P. and The Snowgoons have announced the title for their upcoming collaborative album, Sparta, due November 22nd via Babygrande Records.

On the LP, Billy Danze and Lil Fame, who consider the album their "best project in 10 years," rap entirely over beats from The Snowgoons, which consists of Det, DJ Illegal and newest member Sicknature. During an interview with Conspiracy Radio, Danze revealed the album would be light on guest appearances but filled with Snowgoons heat.

“Those dudes are incredible. When you hear this project, you’re going to be satisfied as an M.O.P. fan and a Snowgoons fan. I think you’re going to flip your wig,” he said. “They’ve got everything… It’s amazing to me because most of the time, producers have a signature sound. These guys already sent me like 50 tracks. They sent me 50 tracks and they’re blazing through and coming from different angles."

The first collaboration from the two acts, "Anybody Can Get It," was included on the A3C Volume 1 compilation.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 1:02 pm

Yeah, they posted that "Anybody Can Get It" on facebook. I think the shit is dope. I can't wait.

On a sorta related note...I need to cop that Snowgoons & Reef The Lost Cauze album too.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 3:12 pm

need this
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 4:35 pm

I'll getting this for sure...

Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 1:07 pm

Sounds like heat but how would MOP sound throughout the album?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 1:18 pm

probably something like this:

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 8:14 pm

This track is straight bananas. I will be buying this album. I'm pretty sure the Reef is download only.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

Sicknature>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Snowgoons

I have no clue why he joined with them...he would have eventually gained noteriety through his work without partnering up with some flavor of the week snobs who would rather be producing techno and pop than hip hop.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 9:02 pm

You're a retard and obviously don't know dick about Snowgoons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 9:23 pm

Sorry, Steve, I'll be sure to agree with you more next time so my opinion can be completely accurate. You know, like how you think Fedor is the greatest ever, and MMA isn't really about skill because any fight can get tapped out at any time. I'm pretty sure I could give a fuck what a troll thinks.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 9:28 pm

It's a turtle fight!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 9:35 pm

Your opinion? Explain how your description of Snowgoons is in any way based on reality.

I have no idea what anything in that last post (jeff) means.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 11:03 pm

This makes me think YOU don't know shit about the Snowgoons. Have you heard Kraftwerk? I really am not impressed by two Nazis who "hit it big" with underground rappers using the same style producers have been using since 94. Sicknature, on the other hand, seems dedicated to hip hop and is light years ahead of the aforementioned Krauts.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 11:53 pm

I like Kraftwerk. It's really grown on me. Then again, I do have a tendency to like the stuff that's so odd, that even people who like odd stuff don't like it.

But, I'll be copping this album, the Reef one, and Goondox, without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 1:31 am

What does their nationality have to do with anything?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 1:39 am

Nothing.

Where they are from has an impact on my perception of them. Had they been born in the states, and waited awhile longer before making such a huge departure from the hardcore hip hop they are known for (a la Stoupe) I'd be more inclined to believe there hearts are in the right place. But, circumstances are what they are, and I think they want something different than what they get recognized for now.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 1:57 am

And what does that have to do with anything? When they make hip-hop that shit bangs. They may not be reinventing the wheel, but they make hip-hop as well as anyone.

Now, 1/6 (about) of their catalog represents a departure from their usual sound. I agree, Kraftwerk is no masterpiece.

But, I wouldn't define them by such a small piece of the whole. That doesn't carry any logic. Especially when this track is absolutely murderous, MOP on record stating they had 50+ complete bangers to choose from, and the very fact that Sicknature DID join up... all signs point to these guys being the real deal.

And, do you think Reef's album is going to sound anything like Kraftwerk? I seriously doubt it.

No, you're just looking for reasons to be contrary, as usual. And you're really stretching. As usual.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 2:12 am

bunnyhead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 2:29 am

I'm stating my opinion, which I'm entitled to. And you're entitled to get all pissed off about somebody insulting your favorite producers ever apparently, KJ. Next time I'll know that Snowgoons are off limits to criticism.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 3:09 am

They're not off limits to criticism. Your criticism is entirely baseless, and that's really all I've been saying here.

You are contrary as a habit. Have been since you started posting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 9:24 am

You're right, I start arguments constantly because I disagree with people and think my opinion is better than everybody else's.
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 2:15 pm

Opinions are like assholes, we all have one but you choose to repeatedly pound yours
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 5:57 pm

Dude, can you get off my dick a minute I need to piss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)   MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOP & Snowgoons - Sparta (November 22)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: