67%
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million

PostSubject: All Eyez On Me vs. The Don Killuminati   Mon 07 Nov 2011, 11:43 pm

Interesting, but brief, article.

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/11/end-of-discussion-2pac-don-killuminati-the-7-day-theory-is-better-than-all-eyez-on-me#1
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: All Eyez On Me vs. The Don Killuminati   Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:31 pm

7 Day Theory has always been better... and what do you know, of all magazines Complex brings up a pseudo-debate.

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: All Eyez On Me vs. The Don Killuminati   Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:33 pm

I'll read it but I already think I know why they think its better. AEOM was a big fuck u to a lot of people and systems. So I take it for what its worth when certain people pick Don Kill over AEOM. I only take true Pac fans opinion of the matter to heart for the most part. But its one of his most loved and revered albums.

Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: All Eyez On Me vs. The Don Killuminati   Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:34 pm

Oh and as far as the vote I think AE's is a tad better. But I have no problem with someone liking Don Kill more. You can't go wrong either way.

Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna

PostSubject: Re: All Eyez On Me vs. The Don Killuminati   Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:36 pm

Don Killuminati
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: All Eyez On Me vs. The Don Killuminati   Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:40 pm

"AEOM was a big fuck u to a lot of people and systems. So I take it for what its worth when certain people pick Don Kill over AEOM. I only take true Pac fans opinion of the matter to heart for the most part. But its one of his most loved and revered albums. "

Wasn't 7 Day Theory a big fuck you to a lot of people, too?

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: All Eyez On Me vs. The Don Killuminati   Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:58 pm

Shaun wrote:
"AEOM was a big fuck u to a lot of people and systems. So I take it for what its worth when certain people pick Don Kill over AEOM. I only take true Pac fans opinion of the matter to heart for the most part. But its one of his most loved and revered albums. "

It was, but its not as much as a big fuck u from a west coast point of view. 7 Day was Pac getting back to his east coast roots on some trks. So its more accepted by that crowd. AEOM was a big party that celebrated west coast victory and said fuck u to the haters of that sound. Its a perfect album in the sense of it captures this exact frame of mind at that time. Same with MATW and 7 Day. 7 Day was about to be Pac's transition back to his roots. We were about to hear some legendary music from that man.

Wayne
One in a Million

PostSubject: Re: All Eyez On Me vs. The Don Killuminati   Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:19 pm

I like both of these albums the same, but I'll go with AEOM by a small hair.
Back to top Go down
昇龍拳_الله
Keep It 100
Keep It 100

PostSubject: Re: All Eyez On Me vs. The Don Killuminati   Wed 09 Nov 2011, 8:00 am

I like both but i listen to The Don more often because of it's darker tone and it was just different. i felt Pac on all of those songs. The only song on the album I didn't like was "To Live in Die in L.A."
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan

PostSubject: Re: All Eyez On Me vs. The Don Killuminati   Wed 09 Nov 2011, 11:17 am

Tic706 wrote:
Shaun wrote:

It was, but its not as much as a big fuck u from a west coast point of view. 7 Day was Pac getting back to his east coast roots on some trks. So its more accepted by that crowd. AEOM was a big party that celebrated west coast victory and said fuck u to the haters of that sound. Its a perfect album in the sense of it captures this exact frame of mind at that time. Same with MATW and 7 Day. 7 Day was about to be Pac's transition back to his roots. We were about to hear some legendary music from that man.

I didnt get what you meant at first but I think this hits it right on the head. My Vote goes to All Eyez and I would even put MATW above Don Kill but all three are in a close race. Strictly 4 follows right behind them for me.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: All Eyez On Me vs. The Don Killuminati   Thu 10 Nov 2011, 2:08 pm

All Eyes just had the right formula that was needed for that time. I mean just look at the guest on the fucking album. Pac reached out to almost every rapper on the west coast it seems. And still fucked with some east coast cats. It had party, chill, real, and hardcore music spread out on two disc. I remember that album just being my anthem for months.

Don Kill was an eerie experience. I always full a ominous feeling playing that one. Something about that album is supernatural.

MATW is still his best though. He really laid his soul and thoughts out. You can feel the stress he was feeling at the time.

Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: All Eyez On Me vs. The Don Killuminati   Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:39 pm

Tic706 wrote:
All Eyes just had the right formula that was needed for that time. I mean just look at the guest on the fucking album. Pac reached out to almost every rapper on the west coast it seems. And still fucked with some east coast cats. It had party, chill, real, and hardcore music spread out on two disc. I remember that album just being my anthem for months.

Don Kill was an eerie experience. I always full a ominous feeling playing that one. Something about that album is supernatural.

MATW is still his best though. He really laid his soul and thoughts out. You can feel the stress he was feeling at the time.

Great post.

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Eyez On Me vs. The Don Killuminati   

Back to top Go down

All Eyez On Me vs. The Don Killuminati
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: