Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joe Paterno

Go down 
+6
TheHazardous
D.Powell
Tic706
T. Myers
KJ Styles
SyRuP Sippa
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 11:53 pm

So I wasn't really a fan one or another of the man, but his fall from grace is pretty dramatic. What do you guys think? He just got fired which to me was the right thing to do. What about his reputation? You guys think it was all a front, or did he let his power get the best of him in the later years?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 12:02 am

I agree that firing him was the right choice. While he has been great for college football, the fact that he knew what was going on with those kids and his assistant coach and he did nothing about it is unacceptable. Damn near anybody else would have been fired immediately. This definitely tarnishes his legacy, and that's sad because while I've never been a Penn State fan, I've always respected him as a coach. I'm sure that he has regrets now and I don't think his reputation was a front, but what's done is done and all he can do at this point is apologize.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 12:05 am

When i read the indictment, i knew anyone in a position of power at Penn State would be fucked. Right or wrong, some head heads had to roll after that shit came out. I try to reserve judgement, but the pattern was far too consistent from victim to victim for there not to be some foul shit going on. I understand Paterno didn't do anything illegal, but he also only did the minimum required as well. It's sad to see anyone go out like this, but i'd be lying if i said i cared.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 12:13 am

Fuck'em. When you can turn the blind eye to something like that makes me wonder who's dick he was sucking. These freaky old white men are a trip.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 12:25 am

LOL @ the Penn State riots!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 7:21 am

Fuck Joe Paterno.....as the parent of a 6 year son, I feel both him and Sandusky deserve to have both their dick and balls cut off....

as a matter of fact fuck Penn State as an entire school.....they put big time college football ($$$$) over kids being abused...and now they will all live in infamy forever because of it, this will affect any future recruiting efforts...any bowl invitations, any gameday t.v. coverage, etc, etc....so the obsession with money and greed wound up fuckin' them all to smithereens as a result, which is just punishment....God is watching!

Sandusky is going to be abused whenever it is that he will enter prison...and Paterno and those other fools will never have much of a so called "legacy" to ever speak of....God Bless all the victims in this.....
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeFri 11 Nov 2011, 12:56 am

Paterno's mistake was he trusted the higher ups to do the right thing. He reported it but there was no follow through on their part. The consistent mistake of the witnesses of this mess is they turned to internal review. People forget the purpose of campus authority is to protect the school and that doesn't necessarily translate into protect the students. All sorts of fucked up shit happens on college campuses that never sees the light of day. They train their staff to report to them first about any questionable manner. This mess is systemic. Firing Paterno and the Prez won't mean shit if they don't reevaluate how they deal with problems.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeFri 11 Nov 2011, 4:56 pm

And why didn't the Graduate Assistant go to the cops himself? This whole situation just seems like one giant clusterfuck.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeFri 11 Nov 2011, 6:32 pm

Myestro wrote:
And why didn't the Graduate Assistant go to the cops himself? This whole situation just seems like one giant clusterfuck.

ditto
Back to top Go down

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeFri 11 Nov 2011, 10:52 pm

I have no sympathy for the guy whatsoever. Doing the bare minimum is the same as doing nothing if the outcome is the same. I really think he only said anything at all because he thought it would cover his ass. Interestingly, former WCW announcer Mark Madden called this shit quite some time ago:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I can't find a link to the original article, but the article itself is there in it's entireity.
Back to top Go down

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeFri 11 Nov 2011, 10:54 pm

Also of note, but not really mentioned in the mainstream media, is this interesting piece of information that gets glossed over for one reason or another:

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 12:02 am

A Guest wrote:
I have no sympathy for the guy whatsoever. Doing the bare minimum is the same as doing nothing if the outcome is the same. I really think he only said anything at all because he thought it would cover his ass. Interestingly, former WCW announcer Mark Madden called this shit quite some time ago:

I can't find a link to the original article, but the article itself is there in it's entireity.

short and to the point, well said
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 12:37 am

One thing that pisses me off is that Mike McQuery (the grad assistant who saw what Sandusky did and reported it to Paterno) still has a fucking job on the Penn State football staff! That shit makes no fucking sense to me.
Back to top Go down

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 1:30 am

It would be against the law to fire him at this point because he is protected under the whistle blower's act, regardless of how long it took him. Paterno only reported the problem to his boss, and not authorities. At least, that's how I understand it but details are sketchy.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 11:37 am

Anyone who had knowledge of the situation and failed to alert the police should be charged as an accomplice. Some of the vic5ins could've been spared. I understand its not currently a law, but this is exactly the situation that calls for setting a precedent.
Back to top Go down

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 12:45 pm

You listen to hip hop and think that there should be a law requiring everyone to snitch?

To be clear, in this instance, I completely agree. However, I am totally against any law stating that all witnesses of any crime are required to report it. Police in a lot of areas simply can not be trusted and if a witness doesn't feel safe reporting a crime to the police then why should they? AGAIN, yes, in instances of murder, child abuse, rape, and other extremely severe crimes I think reporting the crime should be mandatory but that doesn't mean I think we should get all 1984 here.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 1:43 pm

Well, as example, anyone (in NYS, at least) who works with children or in health care is a mandatory reporter of any child abuse evidence.... punishable by law. I see no problem in extending that mandate to general public.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 2:13 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Anyone who had knowledge of the situation and failed to alert the police should be charged as an accomplice. Some of the vic5ins could've been spared. I understand its not currently a law, but this is exactly the situation that calls for setting a precedent.

Score = 10
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 3:02 pm

What are you saying, Pile? It's acceptable for that dude to witness an old man touching a little boy and just notify his boss? And when he sees the same guy going about his business, clearly not dealing with repercussions, he should simply trust in the wisdom of his chain of command?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 3:16 pm

he's agreeing with you parker... that's the perfect 10 smiley
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 3:21 pm

lol... my bad. It doesn't animate on my phone, just looks like three puzzled faces. I thought it was kind of contradicting his earlier post.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 3:28 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I agree that firing him was the right choice. While he has been great for college football, the fact that he knew what was going on with those kids and his assistant coach and he did nothing about it is unacceptable. Damn near anybody else would have been fired immediately.

My feelings exactly.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 10:31 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
One thing that pisses me off is that Mike McQuery (the grad assistant who saw what Sandusky did and reported it to Paterno) still has a fucking job on the Penn State football staff! That shit makes no fucking sense to me.

ditto

I think the fundamental change in schools is they need to require such information to be passed onto the campus police (not security, folks with actual legal authority) first and foremost.

Or it needs to be clearly stated in such instances that high level staff are not the proper authority.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Joe Paterno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Paterno   Joe Paterno Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Paterno
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: