Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8

Go down 
+4
Wanduras
Dang! Trotter
KJ Styles
Tic706
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8 Empty
PostSubject: Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8   Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2011, 2:35 pm

One of the best voices in music history. Period. Effortless talent.

Luther Vandross "Never Too Much"

Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8   Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2011, 8:32 pm

Tic706 wrote:
One of the best voices in music history. Period. Effortless talent.

I'll go as far as to say that Luther has THE best voice in music history. Male voice at least.

Great track, one of my favs from him.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8   Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 9:06 pm

Hmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8   Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Nov 2011, 11:22 am

Oooooohweeeee! Check out my man's jacket!!! LMAO!

KJ, that's a tough call with so many greats but no one can be mad at that pick. This is overall just one of the GOAT songs of any genre. Perfect beat, perfect vocal. Add to that, every song that I can think of that samples this song is dope, lol.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8   Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Nov 2011, 5:18 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Oooooohweeeee! Check out my man's jacket!!! LMAO!

KJ, that's a tough call with so many greats but no one can be mad at that pick. This is overall just one of the GOAT songs of any genre. Perfect beat, perfect vocal. Add to that, every song that I can think of that samples this song is dope, lol.

He's not my GOAT, that would be Michael Jackson. However I think Luther has the best pure vocals of any male singer ever. That's just my opinion of course and is debatable, but he's definitely someone that a case can be made for.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8   Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 8:08 am

I agree KJ...a case could be made that Luther has the best pure male voice of all-time...for me personally he is up there but he's tied up with Marvin Gaye, Ron Isley, Russell Thompkins Jr. (do your homework on that name cause he is SICK), Teddy Pendergrass and of course my GOAT Mike Jack.....they all brought something different to the table but all of them are great pure male soul singers IMO..

as for this record it's 100% classic....you will never hear r&b music like this again.....Akon/T-Pain/Rihanna/Chris Brown/Usher, etc are all incapable of doing it....lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8   Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 8:50 am

I wouldn't argue with anyone saying luther has the greatest voice even though i disagree. Like Powell said, dudes like Marvin Gaye and Ronald Isley are up there. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but George Michael is probably the best pure vocalist I've ever heard. His range, tone, and clarity are perfect IMO. I don't think he's always made better music than the rest, but his voice can't be denied. Anyway, this is a great track.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8   Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 10:08 am

George Michael was a BEAST....I agree with you Terry...he's in my top 20 greatest male voices of all-time man....he had some great range like you said...his voice is underrated but he was/is no joke...
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8   Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Dec 2011, 9:11 pm

Great song..and great first CD. Don't U Know That later became Heavy D's "Got Me Waiting".
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8   Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Dec 2011, 11:41 pm

Highsmith wrote:
Great song..and great first CD. Don't U Know That later became Heavy D's "Got Me Waiting".

Yeah, and Tragedy re-did the hook to this song and called it "I'm A Thug"
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

PostSubject: Re: Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8   Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 2:08 am

Love this song... brings back memories of my parents...

good times...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8   Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bring It Back (R&B Classics) Day 8
Page 1 of 1