Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best Empty
PostSubject: Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best   Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 7:49 pm

http://allhiphop.com/stories/reviewsmusic/archive/2009/07/14/21794546.aspx

top 5 is 4 NY 1 West, top 6 is 5 NY and 1 West

top 5 active rappers:

jay-z
young jeezy
lil wayne
beanie siegel
eminem

what a joke
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best   Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 8:03 pm

Hey man I just posted the same link on another topic session! That's crazy we both just looked at the samething at the sametme.

Yeah but his list does not surprise me because he grew up on east coast hip hop like most cats in the 80's. I grew up on 90's hip hop more so than 80's and that is when the floodgates opened up for other regions.

That current top 5 surprised me but why didn't you list his top southern lyricist? I think he picked Jeezy because Face has a soft spot for dope boy subject matter.

I always noticed that rappers flip flop a lot with who's this and that....I remember in a interview Face said K Rino was one of the best lyricist he ever heard and he said Willie D was one of his fav's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best   Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 8:08 pm

he was too predictable in his picks...and why would he pick wayne man? i mean its bs he has to know these are the dudes helpin kill hiphop right??? why big up them and help them gain hardcore cred?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best   Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 8:11 pm

I agree I hope he was not playing it safe but like I said ask him that same question a year from now and it would be different.

But his personal original top 5 was very consistant and damn near accurate. If I made a objective top 5 it would look something like that.
Back to top Go down
SkinnyTheFloridian
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
SkinnyTheFloridian

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best   Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 3:10 pm

"Yeah but his list does not surprise me because he grew up on east coast hip hop like most cats in the 80's."

I agree. Thats why you see Face rocking a NY hat alot cuz thats probably all they sold back then but you dont see any of the younger H-Town dudes doing that. Plus, the only really popular Southern rappers in the 80s was 2 Live Crew and even though most of the Southern states grew up on them, I can't see Face getting down with their music much.
Back to top Go down
SkinnyTheFloridian
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
SkinnyTheFloridian

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best   Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 3:11 pm

Steve, aint you from Cali?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best   Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 3:26 pm

SkinnyTheFloridian wrote:
"Yeah but his list does not surprise me because he grew up on east coast hip hop like most cats in the 80's."

I agree. Thats why you see Face rocking a NY hat alot cuz thats probably all they sold back then but you dont see any of the younger H-Town dudes doing that. Plus, the only really popular Southern rappers in the 80s was 2 Live Crew and even though most of the Southern states grew up on them, I can't see Face getting down with their music much.

LMAO...what are you saying man??? He rocks a Yankees cap because maybe he's a damn fan...are you telling me that the Oakland A's didn't exist back then?? how about the Chicago White Sox? the Cubs? the Red Sox? the Blue Jays?

lol, that reasoning doesn't sound right to me man...'Face named his top 5 emcees and that is that...it doesn't matter when the fuck he grew up or who he grew up with..I'm sure if he thought some of these other artists were deserving of top 5 status then he would've named them..I'm pretty sure he's not scared too...lol
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best   Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 10:49 am

Dudes putting out albums love Wayne because he represents hope for a dying hustle. These guys don't want to go back to the drawing board and reinvent their marketing strategies.

As long as Wayne can sell records, they have hope that their labels will continue to push for them. Artists aren't getting signed as easily as they used to. Most artists coming up have t depend on grassroots promotion.

Where would that leave the likes of Face and Cube (who also claims Wayne is the savior of hip hop today).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best   Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey Kev...even your boy face realizes NY is da best
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: