Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011) Empty
PostSubject: One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011)   One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011) Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 6:38 pm

So who's heard this? I got my copy a couple weeks ago and have played it about 3-4 times. I can't help but to compare it to "S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M." since that's an all time favorite and his best work. It doesn't really stand up to that at all. Not many big standout cuts that I can think of either. I'll have to give it another go...3.5 stars as of now.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011)   One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011) Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 6:45 pm

Yeah I got this when he came through ATL a couple months ago. I agree with you in that nothing really stands out. I was very underwhelmed. I should spin it again though...
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011)   One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011) Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 8:19 pm

Got it a few months ago. Technically it's really good but honestly it doesn't have me coming back for more like "S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M." does. Probably about the same level as "R.E.B.I.R.T.H."
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011)   One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011) Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 10:11 pm

Man, so nobody really even checked this record out, huh? Kind of amazing considering "S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M." is so loved by many people on this forum. I mean, it's my #1 album of 2005 after all these years...it's just that fuckin' classic. But man, this album is just not holding up. It is just so low budget sounding. I'm not sure he can ever live up to "S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M." or his work with Binary Star ever again. Not without some FLY production. Maybe because "S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M." was recorded over the span of 3-4 years, it just had ultra prime selection. Come to think of it though, this record had to be in the works for years as well. I don't know. The beats were way killer on "S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M." and without that same quality, "L.A.B.O.R." suffers. Sad part is, every time I bump this album I hear a good album. Just not a memorable one.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011)   One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011) Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 10:15 pm

Second thought, I'm not sure the beats are really all to blame here. Lo's lyrics and stories aren't quite as vivid or gripping as they are on "S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M.".

In the end, don't get me wrong. This album is worth checking out for sure. It's a decent album. It's just sooooo hard not to compare it to the classic "S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M.".
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011)   One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011) Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 10:21 pm

Is there really anything as dope as this on the new one? No.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011)   One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R. (2011)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: