Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manning or Luck

Go down 
+6
Half
Myestro
D.Powell
SyRuP Sippa
Norfeest
T. Myers
10 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:03 pm

I read a report that Manning wasn't too fond of the idea of playing with Luck, and it's not like the Manning family is opposed to ulimatums. If the Colts were forced to choose between Manning and Luck, who should they choose?

"Archie Manning believes Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck do not want to be teammates on the Colts next season.
Luck has participated in the Manning Family's passing camp. His father, Oliver, was a teammate of Archie's, so the families may have already touched base on the possibility. Despite team president Bill Polian's comments to the contrary, the Indianapolis Star's Bob Kravitz has been adamant that Manning and Luck can't co-exist in Indy next season."
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:31 pm

Manning's window is closing. It goes without saying that Luck has more gas in the tank since he's yet to play an NFL game. If you wanna win now, Manning. If you wanna win later, Luck. That's based solely on Luck's so-called potential. I don't see what makes him the best QB in the draft. He doesn't scream "franchise QB" at me. The great QBs usually do. Manning, Elway, Marino etc... Can he be solid? Sure. But he's not "banish Manning from Indy" good either.

Peyton Manning made that franchise what it is today. He's Mr. Indianapolis. The only way this works is on some Favre/Rodgers type of shit. They owe Manning that much. Luck would have to wait it out until Manning is done or he gets bounced outta there...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:33 pm

luck.... that team is in need of major rebuilding... all the stars are aging... even if manning has 3-4 great years left the team needs to look to the future.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:55 pm

That's been the case in Indy for years though. Remember Marvin Harrison? Edgerrin James? They usually plug in new talent like they did with Reggie Wayne and Joseph Addai. The one constant is Manning. He's the reason they win, so there's no reason to believe that they wouldn't win when he comes back. It's practically the same team from last year minus Manning...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 5:24 pm

Manning EASILY....everything about Luck is based on "potential"

if you didn't know what Manning was worth to the Colts before this year then you should damn sure know what he's worth now...his team without him is winless and this was a playoff team just a year ago with him...and many years before that as well as a Superbowl winner just a few years back.....

Luck could be a Ryan Leaf or he might even be as good as a Matt Schaub and neither one of them is as good as Peyton Manning...

Luck would have to be a guaranteed top 3 QB in the NFL to push Peyton out and that position is too hard to master to have any guarantees on......

Manning by a whole bunch!
Back to top Go down

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 5:48 pm

I can't call this one because honestly they've proven last year that even Peyton can't save their team by himself but everybody seems to forget his slump in 10 and focuses on how he played prior to that which is all well and good but let's be realistic and say that Peyton at this point is as big of a question mark as Andrew Luck.

HOWEVER, I'm still inclined to say Peyton Manning for the same reasons I said because they obviously need to draft around their QB and help him out, so what good is Andrew Luck really going to be if he's standing alone in 3 years? None. Maybe they should build around Peyton now and hope to get a few more years out of him then draft another QB when the need is more obviously immediate. It's a catch 22 IMO.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 5:54 pm

I think they should stick with Manning for the short term. They could find a good QB later in the draft, or even next year, that would be willing to sit and learn.

I think they should trade back, provided they end up with the #1 overall pick. Some team is going to fall head over heels for Luck, and the Colts would be primed to cash in on that.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 6:12 pm

They have so many holes though, manning isn't going to save them and luck might not save them either, but at least that would be a centerpiece for them. At this point they only have Garcon on offense for the future. White and Gonzalez are worthless. Donald Brown is still pretty average too.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 6:37 pm

As a Colts fan, I say Manning. I didn't hear about the idea that Luck and Manning won't be able to "co-exist" until reading this, but if that's true, then yeah stick with Manning I guess. At the end of the day we don't really know how Luck will do in the NFL. Sure it's the high risk, high reward concept but the risk is unsystematic and that needs to be diversified out somehow and I don't see who else they'd get in the draft if they went all out like that.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 7:52 pm

I would draft Andrew Luck. Peyton needs to fuckin CHILL!

Yes, Peyton Manning is one of the best QB's of all time but it's clear that he's closer to the END of his career than the beginning. I doubt he has more than 2-3 good years remaining.

Football is a business, and the Colts need to invest in their future. If I'm Colts management, I would have a meeting with Peyton and let him know that while he will remain the Colts starting QB until he retires or gets hurt again, that Luck will be our draft pick. And if Peyton doesn't like it, then trade him.

And to Powell, sure Luck could be a bust but he could also end up being like Aaron Rodgers. People were shittin on Green Bay for going with Rodgers over Favre, but in hindsight it now looks like it was an EXCELLENT decision. I would still start Manning if I were them provided he's healthy, but if he acts like a bitch and wants out of his contract if they pick Luck, then I would trade him. They have to do what's best for the LONG TERM future of the franchise. When Peyton retires and they don't have a QB, then they'll likely have more seasons like they're currently having. Drafting Luck is a smart business decision, and the best one the Colts could possibly make.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 7:59 pm

Norfeest wrote:
That's based solely on Luck's so-called potential. I don't see what makes him the best QB in the draft. He doesn't scream "franchise QB" at me. The great QBs usually do. Manning, Elway, Marino etc... Can he be solid? Sure. But he's not "banish Manning from Indy" good either.

I think he's CLEARLY the best QB in the draft. Only Matt Barkley comes close IMO, and USC QB's have had mixed results in the NFL.

Just as I previously mentioned. NOBODY saw Aaron Rodgers as a franchise QB either and he's a defending SB champion and currently having one of the best seasons that a QB has ever had. Hell, Luck has been a far better pro prospect than Rodgers was, so who's to say Luck won't be a great QB? He's got a great arm and is tremendously accurate. Other than the Oregon games from this and last season, dude has been a beast.

As for Manning, Luck wouldn't be banishing him from Indy. If he leaves he'll be banishing himself. The Colts would undoubtebly start Manning over Luck until Manning's career ends. So I don't see why Peyton's spazzing out about this issue. I dpn't blame the Colts for wanting to ensure that they don't have another potential winless season.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 8:13 pm

I really do hope Peyton doesn't bitch out and demand a trade or say he can't play with Luck on the roster... that would be such a bitch move and we already have one bitch in Eli Manning in the league, we don't need to Bitchy Mannings.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 8:17 pm

SyRuP Sippa wrote:
I really do hope Peyton doesn't bitch out and demand a trade or say he can't play with Luck on the roster... that would be such a bitch move and we already have one bitch in Eli Manning in the league, we don't need to Bitchy Mannings.

The bitch we have in the league is Tony Romo. He's by far the biggest bitch.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:08 pm

Manning

RGIII will have a better career than Luck and id actually bet money on that right now
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 10:54 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

Yes, Peyton Manning is one of the best QB's of all time but it's clear that he's closer to the END of his career than the beginning. I doubt he has more than 2-3 good years remaining.

Football is a business, and the Colts need to invest in their future. If I'm Colts management, I would have a meeting with Peyton and let him know that while he will remain the Colts starting QB until he retires or gets hurt again, that Luck will be our draft pick. And if Peyton doesn't like it, then trade him.

And to Powell, sure Luck could be a bust but he could also end up being like Aaron Rodgers. People were shittin on Green Bay for going with Rodgers over Favre, but in hindsight it now looks like it was an EXCELLENT decision. I would still start Manning if I were them provided he's healthy, but if he acts like a bitch and wants out of his contract if they pick Luck, then I would trade him. They have to do what's best for the LONG TERM future of the franchise. When Peyton retires and they don't have a QB, then they'll likely have more seasons like they're currently having. Drafting Luck is a smart business decision, and the best one the Colts could possibly make.

your right KJ football is a business....it's a business that demands winning....thank God you don't run my company otherwise all decisions would be made on HOPE....after a winless season the Colts can't make those types of decisions man....Luck is all about HOPE......Peyton is all about proof......football is also a business about show and prove as well....the QB position in the NFL is a position that mainly has a bunch of busts for every Aaron Rodgers there is a JaMarcus Russell...or Tim Couch....or Andre Ware or Chad Henne or Brady Quinn....as a matter of fact Aaron Rodgers is the exception to the rule...not the rule.....there is no fuckin' way they trade Peyton Manning if he doesn't want to play with Luck....NO WAY! that would be a completely stupid decision.....Luck would have enough pressure coming in he doesn't need anymore.....
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 11:03 pm

i actually agree with you
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 12:40 am

lol @ KJ's reasons
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 2:50 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

your right KJ football is a business....it's a business that demands winning....thank God you don't run my company otherwise all decisions would be made on HOPE....after a winless season the Colts can't make those types of decisions man....Luck is all about HOPE......Peyton is all about proof......football is also a business about show and prove as well....the QB position in the NFL is a position that mainly has a bunch of busts for every Aaron Rodgers there is a JaMarcus Russell...or Tim Couch....or Andre Ware or Chad Henne or Brady Quinn....as a matter of fact Aaron Rodgers is the exception to the rule...not the rule.....there is no fuckin' way they trade Peyton Manning if he doesn't want to play with Luck....NO WAY! that would be a completely stupid decision.....Luck would have enough pressure coming in he doesn't need anymore.....

Powell, if I ran your company they'd be Fortune 500!

I stand by what I said. Answer me this Powell, what happens if the Colts pass on Andrew Luck, and then Peyton either gets injured again or doesn't play at the level he played at pre-injury. Then what do the Colts do? They'd be FUCKED!

Luck isn't about HOPE, Luck is about investing in your future. If I'm running that organization, I'm thinking about what's in the best interest of the Indianapolis Colts, not the best interests of Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck. If you pass on Luck, you're basically saying that Manning runs the team and NOT you!

When Manning retires, he won't be thinking about the Colts at all. He'll be enjoying his retirement with his family and collecting a fat NFL pension check, and YOU will still be running the organization that will be struggling if it doesn't have a QB. Manning probably has about 3-4 good years left at best. Andrew Luck sitting behind him would benefit TREMENDOUSLY just as Aaron Rodgers did sitting behind Brett Favre, and just like Steve Young did sitting behind Joe Montana.

Could Luck be a bust? Possibly, but HIGHLY unlikely. You've gotta take that chance though if you're the Colts. From what I've seen of Luck, he's amazing and his college stats were on par with Peyton Manning's. I hope that Peyton doesn't pull a Brett Favre, that would be lame on his part. If they don't draft Luck and someone else ends up having massive success with him, it will ultimately bite them in the ass.

And to Slang, Luck is WAYYYYYY better than Griffin. RG3 had a great season but Luck has had a much better college career.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 3:53 pm

Really a tough call here. Don't think you could go wrong either way.

I do worry about Manning though. Neck injuries can be a real bitch. Having suffered one myself, albeit not as severe, it takes quite a while to get back up to speed (albeit I didn't have the best medical team money can buy Big Grin). I hope he's able to make a full recovery. Really can't say anything bad about Peyton. He's a real gym rat.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 3:54 pm

Cise wrote:
Really a tough call here. Don't think you could go wrong either way.

I do worry about Manning though. Neck injuries can be a real bitch. Having suffered one myself, albeit not as severe, it takes quite a while to get back up to speed (albeit I didn't have the best medical team money can buy Big Grin). I hope he's able to make a full recovery. Really can't say anything bad about Peyton. He's a real gym rat.

Wink
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 4:51 pm

Shaun wrote:
lol @ KJ's reasons

What the fuck is so funny?? I recall a while back when YOU said that they should also draft Luck back when I was thinking that they should trade down. I've since changed my stance. Have you changed yours?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011, 10:27 am

Luck is not wayyyyyyyyyy better than RGIII. I actually like RGIII a lot. I'd take luck ahead of him, but i think RGIII offers more value because you'll get him later in the draft, and his production will be similar IMO. In a way, it reminds of the year Eli came out. Eli was the talk of the QB class, but i think Big Ben offered the most value.

Oh, i also think RGIII wins the Heisman tonight. His numbers are too huge, and he has too many holy shit moments this year for it not to happen.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011, 7:07 pm

like i said RGIII will have a better career than Luck, still standing by it
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 3:22 am

Laced With Slang wrote:
like i said RGIII will have a better career than Luck, still standing by it

Would you like to wager on that?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 4:18 pm

You can't really wager on that... Unless you think you and Slang will be in touch 15+ years from now lol
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 9:40 pm

lol yea i mean i guess id wager on it but it would have to last 15 years lol
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 10:02 pm

I hope RGIII falls to us. I would LOVE to see him in a Redskins uniform. He makes sense from every angle. I just fear that a kid like that wouldn't work in Kyle Shanahan's offense.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 10:12 pm

Norfeest wrote:
I hope RGIII falls to us. I would LOVE to see him in a Redskins uniform. He makes sense from every angle. I just fear that a kid like that wouldn't work in Kyle Shanahan's offense.

it would be interesting for sure sure i doubt he falls that low. It depends though, if Barkley goes before him then maybe
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 10:17 pm

RGIII will go before Barkley. From what i read, there is growing support for RGIII over Luck too.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 10:19 pm

yea i hear the support too but i think people were on Luck's dick way too much from the get go for him not to go 1
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 10:39 pm

Laced With Slang wrote:
yea i hear the support too but i think people were on Luck's dick way too much from the get go for him not to go 1

Pretty much. I still don't see him as being head and shoulders over the other top QBs out there...

Also, in regards to the topic, Manning is due a roster bonus right before the draft. If he gets that cash, that's a pretty good indicator that he's not going anywhere. That's going to make things really, really interesting. There's also talk of the Saints making a run at him which is why Brees hasn't been extended yet.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeMon 12 Dec 2011, 2:58 am

Norfeest wrote:
Laced With Slang wrote:

Pretty much. I still don't see him as being head and shoulders over the other top QBs out there...

Also, in regards to the topic, Manning is due a roster bonus right before the draft. If he gets that cash, that's a pretty good indicator that he's not going anywhere. That's going to make things really, really interesting. There's also talk of the Saints making a run at him which is why Brees hasn't been extended yet.

There's also talk of the Patriots making a run at him which is why Brady hasn't got a raise. There's also talk of the Packers making a run at him.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitimeMon 12 Dec 2011, 10:32 am

I don't get it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Manning or Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manning or Luck   Manning or Luck Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manning or Luck
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: