Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary  Empty
PostSubject: Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary    Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary  Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:18 pm

Just picked this up. Had to have it. Only 8,000 available so its a nice collectors item. 3 cd's, DVD (RAL History), and a t-shirt for 32.00 @ Best Buy.

Disc One- 17trks of remakes from other southern artist of certain RAL songs. Some of the featured artist include: 8Ball, Mystikal, Mannie Fresh, C Murder, Young Jeezy, 3-6, Z-Ro, Rick Ross, and plenty more.

Disc Two- Random known songs from RAL's catalog. (18trks)

Disc- Three- The same (17trks)

Disc Four- DVD

Check it out. May be a good start up for those of you not to down with RAL.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary    Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary  Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:26 pm

I saw it, but i couldn't justify the price.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary    Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary  Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 10:01 pm

i tend to stay away from these tribute types of albums that feature covers from other artists
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary    Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary  Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 12:30 am

I just sampled the cover cd and I like what I heard. They flipped most of the songs their own way. I always wondered how Willie D would have sounded on Damn It Feels Good and I got my wish. He's on it with C Murder & Trae. And Mystikal cover of Born Killa called Born Spitta?>>>>>>>>>>>>

And the DVD was informative. The quality was overall below average. But mostly due to the sound quality of all the different interviews, vids, and comments. It has K Rino, Choice, Jay-Z, Rev Run, Lyor Cohen, Baby, Tony Draper and sooo many more on it.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary    Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary  Icon_minitimeFri 16 Dec 2011, 11:36 am

I've heard a handful of the tracks on the remake CD online and they are straight, but to be honest I feel I get to hear remakes everyday on mixtapes nowadays so it is not as dope as it would have been ten years ago like when "In The Beginning There Was Rap" dropped.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary    Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary  Icon_minitimeFri 16 Dec 2011, 2:54 pm

T. Myers wrote:

Likewise, and the dudes doing the remakes make it a double whammy.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary    Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary  Icon_minitimeFri 16 Dec 2011, 4:15 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Likewise, and the dudes doing the remakes make it a double whammy.

I was thinking the samething when I 1st saw the trk list. But take it from a die hard RAL fan from the past. Most of them were done with good taste. I was really surprised by that. I also liked they put thier own spin on most of the re-makes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary    Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rap-A-Lot Records 25th Anniversary
Page 1 of 1